Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Viggo needs to start the game against Germany by being decisive and approach the game without fear. Any hesitation and he’s chicken food. His confidence is probably low so the first 20 minutes will be tough.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good defending on that las sequence. Unfortunately, the Germans will score and he will somehow get blamed.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The last 45 minutes will be a tough test. Viggo and Granen needs more help from their fullbacks. Germany will score at least one if this continues.

Aloysius's Back 3

Good defending on that las sequence. Unfortunately, the Germans will score and he will somehow get blamed.
He has unfortunately not been good in this half but neither has the rest of Sweden - why is he scared of the ball though? Always turns his back to anything with 10% power

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He has unfortunately not been good in this half but neither has the rest of Sweden - why is he scared of the ball though? Always turns his back to anything with 10% power
He’s just not a CB for me. Too passive and can’t head. Not good enough. Might be better in DM or something

IrishRedDevil

The ice man? :lol: Get to feck. Worst nickname in football. He would melt in the freezer if he seen a football coming his way.

Bobski

I just don't see it with him. So passive, plays not to make mistakes, makes little impact on the game, always feels like the junior partner in the defensive set up, whose best contribution is avoiding making basic errors.

He is not bad exactly, but I am looking for the attributes a CB for a top team needs and I can't see them.

Aloysius's Back 3

He’s just not a CB for me. Too passive and can’t head. Not good enough. Might be better in DM or something
Even though the guy is young the guy plays for Manchester United & Sweden in defence - he needs to be a leader in both teams to be successful. Mistakes is one thing but looking lost at what your doing & being scared of shots & crosses is confusing.

Maybe he shaves his head & gets his hard man persona back? That's not being rude to anyone but there seems a difference from what was seen occasionally at benfica to what there is now. I don't know

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's so passive to a fault. Great when the team has possession so he can casually pass the ball around but when the backs are against the wall he doesn't nearly do enough. I kind of rate Blind higher than him.

Zoo

Lindelof and the Swedish back 4 did well in the game and he made a vital challenge at the near post. In front of them the Swedish midfield were overwhelmed in the second half by Germany.

Aloysius's Back 3

He's so passive to a fault. Great when the team has possession so he can casually pass the ball around but when the backs are against the wall he doesn't nearly do enough. I kind of rate Blind higher than him.
Easily - Blind is underrated. Said it before if we play 3 at the back - he needs to play because he gives smalling, Jones, Bailly what they miss when they play in a back 2 - calm, composure, tactical analysis and on the ball gameplay. All the whilst Smalling Jones & Bailly give Blind what he misses - aggression, height, pace. That's why smalling did well.

Lindelof (so far) adds nothing except passing ability which tbh I have yet to see at all. His anticipation, positioning has also been poor.

Bobski

He is like a work experience kid you send out to get the coffee when there is real work to do.

Morpheus 7

I think it's hard to be critical of him tonight considering how Sweden setup, they were so deep and he hardly had any options to distribute the ball. Think people are in here to have a good moan.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lol "passive", his team was under the cosh. Did people expect him to come busting out in the second half. Absolutely nothing wrong with that performance.

Bobski

Lol "passive", his team was under the cosh. Did people expect him to come busting out in the second half. Absolutely nothing wrong with that performance.
It is not about on the ball, but being more aggressive and proactive in his defending, wanting him to attempt to stop attacks earlier, to show more of a presence and leadership, or at least the potential for it, in his game. His passing will be a bonus, because no matter what trends might suggest defensive ability is still the most important thing for a CB.

Gomes

I think it's hard to be critical of him tonight considering how Sweden setup, they were so deep and he hardly had any options to distribute the ball. Think people are in here to have a good moan.
After a game that made look half of the German team look like mid table Premier League team, and that also includes Kroos, people still come here to moan. Wouldn't be surprised if those posts were already written before the game.

It's also obvious that the same commenters have never played in defense. I mean how is a center back supposed to attempt to stop attacks earlier if most of the attacks consisted of crossing to the two lumps that Germany had in front?

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
I thought he looked shaky again today. The one thing he is supposed to be good at- playing the ball out- he was poor at. Can’t run, can’t head, can’t tackle and from what I’ve seen can’t pass- expensive mistake.

bdecuc

I thought he did fine tonight. Kinda like him. I don't like that hands behind the back against crosses and shots. But he's always looking around him. Quick over a couple of yards. Decent distribution. I don't really see the criticism.

izec

I still maintain my opinion that he needs a loan to a PL side, then we can reassess the situation. 35 league games would do him good, he has no standout qualities for me currently. Decent, but he doesnt have enoigh quality to start for us and another season as a bench player with the occasional game in the Cl and league isbt good enough. He needs to play in the league constantly to get a better idea of what he is capable of

Wayne's World

He's a much more composed and better center half when he plays for Sweden. Really hope he can produce these performances for us in the short term future

Aloysius's Back 3

Don't know what people saw about him today.

Didn't show bravery, didn't lead the defence, never adequately marked the attackers, left attackers behind, not good positioning, not good passing, didn't have the first step out of defence.

Hard to judge since Sweden on the back foot but still as a defender who plays for a big club you expect a bit of composure - especially at the heart of their defence.

Zoo

He didn’t do anything wrong. Making things up to fit an agenda isn’t cool.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't know what people saw about him today.

Didn't show bravery, didn't lead the defence, never adequately marked the attackers, left attackers behind, not good positioning, not good passing, didn't have the first step out of defence.

Hard to judge since Sweden on the back foot but still as a defender who plays for a big club you expect a bit of composure - especially at the heart of their defence.
He was pretty good today. No need to invent strawmen scenarios where not playing like Franco Baresi circa 1987 is somehow tantamount to being disappointing.

Ekeke

He's a much more composed and better center half when he plays for Sweden. Really hope he can produce these performances for us in the short term future
He looked the same, maybe even less involved than he is with us. Granqvist took care of the bulk of the defending and Lindelof looked like his junior partner which of course he is

Ashley R1+O

Why the hell would anybody even mention Blind, he played about 3 games for us last year and will be tromboned out of the club in the next transfer window. "He did a passes and stuff" has become the knew "yep totally rate him great defender". Mind boggling.

Linder's was decent, clearly looks like he's still suffering from the effects of the flu though. Looked lacking a little sharpness.

SER19

One of the most harshly criticised players of recent times. Underwhelming season but certainly not catastrophic and I actually have positive hopes for him this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.