Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simpandenstore

After a rough start he seemed to be settling in, error free relatively and picking up some confidence. Not sure what has happened, but am sure we will see him back in the fold soon. Might be some behind the scenes work in the gym is taking precedence but find it hard to imagine Jose has given up when he hasn't done anything bad recently.
I truly hopes that he starts tonight and he does very well, and keeping that up. I'll be soo pissed if he have the best match yet and smalling starts next game. I can cope if he goes before smalling and rojo in the hierarky of CB and prays to god that he'll team up with bailly next season for real.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lol, all because he let the ball rolling under his foot?

They're clearly targeting Lindelof and Shaw today. Must see them as a weakness and that's something he'll have to deal with until he can put together some form that shows otherwise.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I have absolutely seen enough of this lad. £20m more we could have signed Laporte.

Cut our losses.

Bwuk

He just looks nervous all the time.

When I’ve seen him for Sweden he looked composed. Here he looks nervous and scared.

A-man

He hasn’t played much lately, not so strange if he isn’t playing at his best. Looking better and better however. Wait until second half :)

binary bot
Lol, all because he let the ball rolling under his foot?
Shocking, isn't it? Him and Smalling have been fine today.

One mistake in possession and people are rushing in here to make a point.

Fredrik.A

He's done one mistake, letting the ball slip under his feet. Looked fine other than that. State of people here.

haram

Looks like he has been asked to keep trying the adventurous pass.

Bobski

He was ok for the most part. Kind of the problem though, I am not seeing anything exceptional in his game, physically, defensively or even technically, maybe needs a little time for it to come together but he is going to have develop rapidly to become a regular.

Devil may care

He started off like he was having cold sweats thinking about the last time he played there, settled a bit in the second half.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I believe the reason why we seem to be unable to even take a game to the likes of Huddersfield is down to our poor footballing centre backs. Yes they defended well but they had to because we were so bloody deep because we’re unable to get the ball out of the back without a midfielder dropping in to assist.

engulfing

He didn't look a liability today so that's an improvement. (though I admit I was only half watching this very boring match)

JoaquinJoaquin

Started off poor but considering he hasn't played in a while it didn't come as a shock. He grew into the game as it went on. Jose has to start using him more otherwise he will keep having games like this and won't improve.

el3mel

Should get a run in the team more often, at least against midtable clubs, to solve our problems of getting the ball from the back.

Tapori

Needs a run.
I'd leave him in for the FA Cup games
I suspect Jose wants to use him more but he hasn;t adapted to the physicality yet; will give him another season for sure.

Kostov

It was refreshing to see one of our CBs directing a header when clearing the ball. One small detail of today, in an overall solid game.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He is good, and needs to play more instead of either Jones or Smalling. I'm waiting to see him and Bailly play together. I was not a believer in him, especially after failing to control simple aerial balls, and looking like an amateur. But lately he's shown his class and potential. And I hope he gets enough chances to play and improve. People are too harsh on some players.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Can't remember the last time he had an awful performance. Good to see him back in the fold.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I feel he got a bad rep after a tough start, which is always hard to shake off. I’d like to see him paired with Bailly for a good number of games, as I feel our build-up play certainly will improve with Lindelöf in our back four.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Lindelof is not British, was bought from a non-British club, is first choice for his country and cost 35 million. Therefore, if Mourinho was to buy him, it should have been as an immediate first team player, not a developmental one.

In any case Darmian and Blind, and maybe either Rojo or Young, should have been sold when he was bought.

And most certainly, Lindelof should not have been played at RB over Tuanzebe (or TFM had he not been loaned), certainly not in the cup v Derby where Blind was played at CB. (Victor should have started at CB with Axel at RB.)

Tuanzebe and TFM should not have needed loans given how much more gifted they are than Nicky Butt and the Nevilles ever were (except G Nev's stamina).

ETA: Given Tuanzebe was much more impressive than Lindelof when they started together v Swansea, and also not forgetting his nullifying of Sanchez last season, I think it's fair to say he should have also been given more chances (if Lindelof deserves a chance to put a poor performance behind him, why doesn't Tuanzebe deserve one to kick on from a great performance), and the only reason I can think of Lindelof being preferred, especially at RB, was that he was a purchase.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope he starts against Sevilla. With their pressing style he would be quite useful for playing from back

Bwuk

Think Nerves are his issues. He could do with a run in the side next to Bailly imo.

AP88

Supports
Man City
This fella needs a long spell IMO - United are playing with too much at stake to allow him to make his mistakes in the first team; that first Huddersfield game gave City their first bit of distance in the title race, and a safety net upon which to play without as much pressure.

He looks like he might have enough to be competent one day, but he needs to learn the league for a mid table club before coming back.

El Jefe

He's good on the ball they said. All season I've seen people try and convince themselves he's been comfortable on the ball but other than a few games in December I believe he's been just as awkward as the rest of our CB's apart from Bailly.

At Benfica he was ace on the ball but it doesn't mean it will be transferred over to the PL. So far a very very disappointing signing.

A-man

Think Nerves are his issues. He could do with a run in the side next to Bailly imo.

I think quite the opposite, he is much cooler than the rest in the defence. This is also what he is known for.

This fella needs a long spell IMO - United are playing with too much at stake to allow him to make his mistakes in the first team; that first Huddersfield game gave City their first bit of distance in the title race, and a safety net upon which to play without as much pressure.

He looks like he might have enough to be competent one day, but he needs to learn the league for a mid table club before coming back.
The Huddersfield match was 2 or maybe 3 points lost just as any other match. He came in as a sub and did one really bad mistake. Costed the same as every time an attacker misses a sitter. If you want to send him to a mid table club, you might as well send the whole defence as most of them have been worse. Actually United has lost very few matches in the PL, CL or other cups when Lindelöf has been in the starting XI, I think only one and that was Bristol. Still he has this reputation of being poor and weak.

Ashley R1+O

Settling in nicely and I think in the next couple of seasons he has a real shot at cementing his spot in the XI with either Bailly or Smalling whoever can keep fit and in form. Stoked for him to be honest and I am glad for the patience people are offering him. Takes time to adapt to a big club there are plenty of cases and this is another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.