Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Lindepoof returns. Useless and will never ever be good enough for this league.

We had to park mctominay on him all game to help him aerially which says it all, he’s compromising the team!
No place for that here

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Just confirm for me this is implying he’s weak so that makes him a woman, right?
Clearly I’m so fed up of this and it genuinely puts me off even coming near these threads with homophobic and sexist comments all the time.

People have been calling Lindelof a woman, pussy and now homophobia too at what point can we start banning?

Warnings don’t stop homophobic comments not the sexist diatribe here.

By all means criticise players but do so constructively.

Feel sorry For the mods

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Its not in his face. Its across his shoulder as he goes for the header. After he heads the ball maybe, but I cant remember a goal being disallowed for the follow through after a shot. If it would be it would mean you could launch yourself into someone as they shoot and get the goal chalked off for the contact after its flying at the goal.
:lol:

acnumber9

He isn’t good enough, this is nothing new. It’s been abundantly clear for years that we need new centre backs despite buying one every other year.

Raven

Its not in his face. Its across his shoulder as he goes for the header. After he heads the ball maybe, but I cant remember a goal being disallowed for the follow through after a shot. If it would be it would mean you could launch yourself into someone as they shoot and get the goal chalked off for the contact after its flying at the goal.
It's in his face, either you're lying or you're blind.

Zoo

The thing is I’m not confident that Ole is going to try and upgrade on him this summer. And even if we do buy a new CB it’s more likely that Lindelof will remain a starter.

He’s a good player but it’s not working well enough with Maguire.

Ace of Spades

Clear foul on him for the goal. Absolutely clueless refereeing.
It was, but you should never trust the refs to make the right decisions, even with VAR there have been so many inconsistencies in the games.

It was just too soft and easy, not like the cross was fizzed in either.

ivaldo

As if that wasn't enough - that he can't see and is being pulled backwards. Which part of his body will he try to clear the ball with? Which part is being held? @Ekeke surely you see it's a foul?
He's going to ignore you now.

TsuWave

:lol:

To be fair to @Ekeke he did elaborate. It’s the sentence right after the one you quoted:

Its not in his face. Its across his shoulder as he goes for the header. After he heads the ball maybe, but I cant remember a goal being disallowed for the follow through after a shot.
but I guess bolding that part of his post and replying with that static screenshot to muddy the waters and try to invalidate their post was just something you couldn’t resist.

TheGame

It was, but you should never trust the refs to make the right decisions, even with VAR there have been so many inconsistencies in the games.

It was just too soft and easy, not like the cross was fizzed in either.
He had his hand across Lindelof's face which meant he couldn't see the ball. I'm all for 50/50s but that was a disgraceful decision.

Ekeke

As if that wasn't enough - that he can't see and is being pulled backwards. Which part of his body will he try to clear the ball with? Which part is being held? @Ekeke surely you see it's a foul?
If he moves towards the ball, his head. If he moves away from the ball he's open to exactly what happened, the attacker moving towards the ball even though its from a tough angle to do that - he made the run behind lindelof and the ball was going too short, so he adjusts in the only possible way for him to try and win the header which is dive towards the ball before Lindelof gets there. There is physical contact on Lindelof's shoulders but not enough for a foul.

Usually when theres an incident with hands on backs and shoulders its because 2 players jump, 1 jumps on the others back with both hands and stops the other from getting their vertical leap off properly. This is what Maguire gives a foul away for on set pieces in most games. Thats not what happens here. If Lindelof was actually moving towards the ball trying to get to it then the contact doesnt stop him doing anything. Its because he chooses himself to move away from the ball and wait for it to come that he gets himself in a position where he cant do anything

Halftrack

To be fair to @Ekeke he did elaborate. It’s the sentence right after the one you quoted:

but I guess bolding that part of his post and replying with that static screenshot to muddy the waters and try to invalidate their post was just something you couldn’t resist.
He's still wrong, because the hand is clearly in his face before the header.

ivaldo

And his elaboration is also incorrect. Unless you think he headers it off an invisible wall, his hand is CLEARLY in his face and not across his shoulder BEFORE headers it. If you're going to scramble to defend such a dreadful post, then at least do so with a slither of plausibility.

Here is it again for your ease. I look forward to you explaining away the laws of physics.

Halftrack

If he moves towards the ball, his head. If he moves away from the ball he's open to exactly what happened, the attacker moving towards the ball even though its from a tough angle to do that - he made the run behind lindelof and the ball was going too short, so he adjusts in the only possible way for him to try and win the header which is dive towards the ball before Lindelof gets there. There is physical contact on Lindelof's shoulders but not enough for a foul.

Usually when theres an incident with hands on backs and shoulders its because 2 players jump, 1 jumps on the others back with both hands and stops the other from getting their vertical leap off properly. This is what Maguire gives a foul away for on set pieces in most games. Thats not what happens here. If Lindelof was actually moving towards the ball trying to get to it then the contact doesnt stop him doing anything. Its because he chooses himself to move away from the ball and wait for it to come that he gets himself in a position where he cant do anything
What a load of utter bollocks. Lindelöf definitely could have done better, but you're bending reality to avoid having to admit you were talking crap.

tomaldinho1

There are some opinions in here I just can't get my head around and this is one. The proof is undeniable. Two hands on Lindelof, physically restraining him and making clear contact with the face. Stonewall foul by any letter of the law. Soft? Maybe, but a foul.

The biggest knock on effect from this is every single PL manager is now telling their players if that happens as a defender, you go down and scream blue murder clutching your face because VAR will not protect you. More time wasted, more time not spent watching football.

Eugenius

It was probably a foul.

But the reason we conceded wasn't because it was a foul, but because Lindelof is extremely soft.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The worst ever defender for us who reached 100 games. Darmian was shite too but at least he knew how to defend most often than not. I'd take Tyler Blackett over him any day. Imagine getting so many games under your belt costing your team Premier league game after game, knocking your team out of European competition and still not figuring out his mistakes and being played by a blind manager. Puppy faced piece of shite really.

When did we become so weak with some players? I mean the only reason he's playing so many games is because he can stay fit but still, give Tuanzebe 100 games and he will be a monster, not this spineless guy who gets bullied every game and it's not just his goal, he was weak all game again.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was definitely fouled, but better more aggressive centre backs make that theirs.

He seems to be a byproduct of the game being more and more a non-contact sport. Everytime someone gets aggressive with him, he gives up and wants a freekick. Same with Maguire. At least put up a fight ffs.

simmee

Well that didn’t take long did it lads?
Didn't realise you were talking about the ref in that post.

I think we need to upgrade on both of our cbs. I just think it's pathetic that your first thought after every game is to go to this thread and moan about every touch you have a problem with (no matter how insignificant).

And now you attack A-man for no reason at all. We are all Utd fans, mate. Get a grip.

lex talionis

Fukk me there’s so much hatred for Lindelof here. I don’t rate him that highly either but in no universe is he at fault for the goal, which should have been ruled a foul by the attacking player.

Just look at the photo above and explain how that’s not a foul and what exactly Lindelof was supposed to do?

Andersonson

I think he was quite good today, really. He made alot of positive passes forward and tried to start attacks. That goal shouldnt have stood and before and after that he was generally pretty good. Its the attackers who lost us the game

Raven

Whether he is fouled or not, he has to go and win that ball. Do you think that would happen with Bruce or Vidic? Nope. Win the ball first abd play to tut whistle. feckin basics for this league.
Do you know what a foul is? It's like saying someone should score a goal even though he was hacked down before he can get a shot off. A foul is called when play is impeded illegally, so Lindelof was impeded, making it very difficult to get to the ball.

R'hllor

Dunno what people expect from him, in the past saw him ducking instead of jumping to head out a ball ffs. That CB pairing aint worth to wipe ass to Rio and Vidic, heck sometimes he makes Blind look Godlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.