5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best of the backline today. Did ok despite zero organisation in the back line.

Mike_Gustav

I just get more and more impressed by the so-called supporters here. Seems in many cases some have an agenda, Victor did well today and no one really believed that Man Utd would beat Man C? Sure can hope for it but there is a reality and it says otherwise. Victor is good with the ball and has the ability to hit good passes but no one runs so they can use it. He may not be strong on the head but solves it through his feet. Maybe it's time to try him as a midfielder, but then it will be weaker in defense. Look at the game and forget the agenda and you all want to see that he is after all one of the better match after match no matter what some people think. :)

TSE123

Good game, despite losing 2-0. He did his job. Had the rest of the defence done theirs the end result would have been different.

Foxbatt

Apart from one moment when he nearly scored an OG he was the best out of the lot in defense. Not that it says a lot but he is the least of our problems in defense.
Maybe if he can play in midfield he may be able to make those passes from midfield instead of McFred messing things up in midfield.

A-man

Georgia -Sweden 2-0 after Sweden missed 200 good chances.
Lindelof great first half. Second half he was responsible for conceding the 0-2 goal when he 1v1 tried to chip the ball to win it back and start a counter instead of just tackle. Can understand the urgency to attack when down 1 goal but as he said him self in the post match interview: “I fecked up”

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That’s my problem with him, he’s always got a mistake in a match. Sometimes he gets lucky sometimes he doesn’t.

that being said, he’s the least of United’s problems this season

Lyng

Georgia -Sweden 2-0 after Sweden missed 200 good chances.
Lindelof great first half. Second half he was responsible for conceding the 0-2 goal when he 1v1 tried to chip the ball to win it back and start a counter instead of just tackle. Can understand the urgency to attack when down 1 goal but as he said him self in the post match interview: “I fecked up”
Refreshing self reflection

A-man

Man of the match against Spain imo. Wall in defence, calm and skilled with ball the at his feet and leading his team.

spiriticon

He's shite and can be thankful that Maguire is godawful so the spolight isn't on him

Bobski

Silent nothingness, atypical of Lindelof.

Of course it does not help that Maguire is playing like a 50 Yo beside him but Lindelof is just such a nothing player, forwards have such a comfortable job against him.

united for life

Silent nothingness, atypical of Lindelof.

Of course it does not help that Maguire is playing like a 50 Yo beside him but Lindelof is just such a nothing player, forwards have such a comfortable job against him.
the 3rd goal is a recent proof of this statement. It’s as if he wasn’t there

Ekeke

So the 3rd goal should be dealt with at the near post by De Gea. Thats his mistake.

However

It is also a perfect example of Lindelof. The art of defending by not defending.

He puts his arms behind his back so it looks like hes doing something and the end result is a shot towards the near post which is not the worst outcome. But when you have a defender 1 vs 1 with an attacker in the box what you really want is your defender to take responsibility and block or win the ball. And Lindelof doesn't even try. He'll gamble on leaving the responsibility to his goalkeeper and De Gea messed it up.

Bobski

In the background watching the goal go in, but he didn't make the noticeable mistake and he actually looks like a footballer unlike AWB and fat-ass Maguire and Shaw. Fraud of a defender.

TSE123

Ridiculous comments above. one eyed blind people!

One of the best united players today. VDB was possible better when he came on.
He alone kept it at 2-1 for a long time. How can you possibly fail to see this, it is obvious.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Ridiculous comments above. one eyed blind people!

One of the best united players today. VDB was possible better when he came on.
He alone kept it at 2-1 for a long time. How can you possibly fail to see this, it is obvious.
you must be kidding. He's a horrific player with one of his best skills - staying out of criticism no matter for what. He was horrific throughout again, just Maguires brainfart made him somewhat look better, whereas he was bullied by CHampionship level attack again. BUt I keep thinking that people in this & Maguire's thread are just lIndelofs friends, brothers, family who just keep his image high.

His defending was againnonexistent and when he does step out, he's just piss poor weak player geting pushed like in women football, amazing to see play this bag of shite to play for us some 130 games. And yeah he wasn't the worst player tonight if that helps his fans.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
So the 3rd goal should be dealt with at the near post by De Gea. Thats his mistake.

However

It is also a perfect example of Lindelof. The art of defending by not defending.

He puts his arms behind his back so it looks like hes doing something and the end result is a shot towards the near post which is not the worst outcome. But when you have a defender 1 vs 1 with an attacker in the box what you really want is your defender to take responsibility and block or win the ball. And Lindelof doesn't even try. He'll gamble on leaving the responsibility to his goalkeeper and De Gea messed it up.
No need to argue with people here, they will blame Maguire for everything who until the mistake had a decent game, pretty much covering that central defence alone because Lindelof was just hiding again and he tried to defend and went toe to toe, he was, surprisingly, like 1000 times before, bullied again. Waste of times to fight in this thread, especially today, when an obviously horrible mistake by Maguire stole the show.

MagooDad

He was bad and gets away with it because Maguire was horrendous. But that goal is proper defending, he's covering the dangerous area which is a short pass and trust De Gea to cover the goal. That was De Geas mistake mostly.

united for life

He was bad and gets away with it because Maguire was horrendous. But that goal is proper defending, he's covering the dangerous area which is a short pass and trust De Gea to cover the goal. That was De Geas mistake mostly.
should’ve closed in. Agree DDG’s fault too

He was one of our best players today until Maguire went and the whole team went to shit. Who was supposed to be his partner? Dalot? It certainly wasn't Matic.

Future pairing should be him and Varane.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He made a mistake. So what? He's been decent all season unlike the calamities he's playing with. Was much better than those other 3 this game as well. Cut him some slack. He's not starting material but as a 3rd CB I'm a-okay with Lindelof.

We should replace Maguire with a professional that can partner Varane as first choice.

Ekeke

He made a mistake. So what? He's been decent all season unlike the calamities he's playing with. Was much better than those other 3 this game as well. Cut him some slack. He's not starting material but as a 3rd CB I'm a-okay with Lindelof.

We should replace Maguire with a professional that can partner Varane as first choice.
No he hasnt. He's been below average for a CB at a club that hopes to be in the top 4, but some nightmare performances from Maguire, Shaw, at times AWB and individual errors from De Gea have stood out more and taken the attention away from him. He's still not doing well enough himself, but on those days where his teammates have done things particularly stupid and had a shocker he's gone under the radar. That and Varane's signing means hes a backup, but because we signed a player who can't stay fit at the moment Lindelof is still playing as much football as a starter. So he kinda gets marked on being a backup, but he's starting all the time like he used to.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve concluded you just don’t watch us play. None of our defence have been decent, just some parts have been particularly horrendous.

Juanito

Supports
Chelsea
Horrible today. Dropping, dropping, dropping goal. As every goal, unless just moved over or rounded. Not a top 6 defender unless playing in a 3 back line with conte or tuchel.

OneUnited24

With the rest of the defensive unit falling apart around him, I thought he was relatively good for most of the match. Had a shit end to the match though.
The hate he gets on here is amazining. Hes been our best defender this season (outside Varane who brings calmness). Our best CB pairing is him and Varane.

TSE123

The usual hate Lindelof-mob always shows up. He plays in a back 4 with Maguire and Shaw who has been so poor this season they should be loaned out to a championship side.

The ONLY reason they still play for united is that they are English! Foreign players in uk have a MUCH harder time with media and fans.

Lindelof has managed to (individually) have a decent season in a team that is underperforming and he plays along side Harry Maguire!

If all of you complaining about Lindelof watch where 80% of uniteds goals come from its obviously the left side of defence (with plenty help from a non-existent midfield).

BUT its to easy to explain all of the unexplainable onesidedness on this forum (and in press) with a comment about nationality. So i will be kind.

MAYBE he doesnt suit some one who thinks a defender must be 6ft5in, has two wooden legs and shouts abuse at everyone AND where passing, reading the game and positioning are seen as optional extras (as in English football pre -00).

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

However

Spot on. I hate that whole arms behind the back defending. It's not natural and puts the defender at a disadvantage.

Foxbatt

Spot on. I hate that whole arms behind the back defending. It's not natural and puts the defender at a disadvantage.
What do you expect him to do? If he has his arms out and if the ball gets stuck on his arm it is a penalty. It is stupid but it is the law.

Juanito

Supports
Chelsea
The usual hate Lindelof-mob always shows up. He plays in a back 4 with Maguire and Shaw who has been so poor this season they should be loaned out to a championship side.

The ONLY reason they still play for united is that they are English! Foreign players in uk have a MUCH harder time with media and fans.

Lindelof has managed to (individually) have a decent season in a team that is underperforming and he plays along side Harry Maguire!

If all of you complaining about Lindelof watch where 80% of uniteds goals come from its obviously the left side of defence (with plenty help from a non-existent midfield).

BUT its to easy to explain all of the unexplainable onesidedness on this forum (and in press) with a comment about nationality. So i will be kind.

MAYBE he doesnt suit some one who thinks a defender must be 6ft5in, has two wooden legs and shouts abuse at everyone AND where passing, reading the game and positioning are seen as optional extras (as in English football pre -00).
This doesn’t hold up. I am Swedish and I think he was dogshit today. You simply can’t defend like he did today.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think he was as poor as many are making out. He was good first half and decent 2nd half. I do think he should probably get closer for the 3rd but I’m guessing he is positioning himself to prevent a cutback because you would expect your goalie to have that covered and the danger is a ball cut back behind you.

TSE123

This doesn’t hold up. I am Swedish and I think he was dogshit today. You simply can’t defend like he did today.
In that case you are just trying to make friends haha. Sorry.
Joke apart.

No one was particularly good. BUT judging VNL the way united supporter do is unfair considering he has been the best united defender this season (varane has not played enough to be judged).

Defending with the lack of structure and midfield that united have at the moment is an impossible task. The question is not how good you are, but how badly your weaknesses will be exposed. Maguire obviously has bigger weaknesses the way he has been exposed.

Regarding third goal he was obviously blocking a cross leaving de gea to cover the post (which he didnt). Had he not covered the cross then he would be blamed for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.