g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Victor Lindelof image 2

Victor Lindelof Sweden flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

He was winded after getting sandwiched in a tackle up by the dugout a minute beforehand.

beer&grill

The fanatic vaxxers are as bad as the 5G and Bill Gates antivaxxers, and I’m saying this as a fully vaccinated person. Let the guys debate, the vaccine isn’t even one year old, the data might change, we can’t bury our heads in the sand and categorically dismiss everything bad regarding the vaccine. I’m not saying Victor’s problems are caused by the vaccine, I don’t even know his vaccination status, but god, immediately dismissing everything makes you look like a donkey fanatic, not the smart science believer individual you think of yourself.

Again, I’m not saying the vax is bad, but there’s a reason why Denmark, Sweden and Finland banned Moderna for young males under 30 years of age due to heart side effects.

arthurka

Not his biggest fan but he has been really good this season, probably our best defender. Hope he is ok.

Giggsyking

As a person who works in this field and specifically in heart diseases diagnosis, I can tell you that I have seen many young adults than normal getting myocarditis (heart muscle inflammation) recently. Not a small number of them was after receiving the covid vaccine (within 2-7 days). Covid itself has a higher risk of causing myocarditis, but it is well documented now that the vaccine can cause it too but at lower rate compared to the disease itself (although the studies are small and for short term, more studies needed).

The United

He is certainly not a whip that people usually accuse him of being. He seems to rise above the challenge.

Obviously, he still has his weakness but he seems to be more reliable this season. Having competition helps him.

Can't say the same with Harry so far this season though.

dronesoul

The movement he was making with his hands looked like he was saying his heart was going fast. Didn’t like the look off it. Hope he tests ok.

edit: hopefully just an impact injury or something
Yup, I’m no doctor but afaik if you have trouble bringing oxygen into your blood, aka trouble breathing, the heart will beat faster to try and make up for the low oxygen levels.

Especially if you happen to be playing PL football at the same time.

Krya på dig Vigge!

Ekeke

Yup, I’m no doctor but afaik if you have trouble bringing oxygen into your blood, aka trouble breathing, the heart will beat faster to try and make up for the low oxygen levels.

Especially if you happen to be playing PL football at the same time.

Krya på dig Vigge!
Anxiety can cause heart palpatations, also leading to a panic attack. Hopefully its no more than something like that or a rib cage injury

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why no club update yet?
Rangnick said after the game that he was having trouble breathing and his heart rate was up after he was in a collision. But, he was doing ok. So, I'm assuming there's nothing here and that's why the club hasn't posted an update

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not his biggest fan but he has been really good this season, probably our best defender. Hope he is ok.
Thought this sentence will have different second part, gotta say I am disappointed.

YouknowNani

You are using one of the worst antivaxxer-sites as a source? Lmfao. This exposes you very much.
You are right. I wasn't aware that site was such a tin foil hat favourite in my rush to find a source. I still can't seem to find the original stats showing the increase in athlete heart issues which on first look appeared to be from a more reputable source. Seeing as I can't find it though, maybe it's been removed and the increase in these conditions is not as first appeared.

Ekeke

Anxiety? From Norwich??
Anxiety doesnt have a (proportianate) reason. Neither do panic attacks.

He took a bang from a challenge earlier, could easily be his heart is pounding (palpatations) and the concern over that or a pain in his chest (ribcage) just made it a worse experience and he decided he couldnt handle it while playing football.

criticalanalysis

Thought this sentence will have different second part, gotta say I am disappointed.
It's a little sad and on brand for me (because it's true) that this was the VERY first thing I wanted to post as soon as it happened :(

And then thought it might have been a bit insensitive. Ah well...

Not his biggest fan, far from it but wish the lad a speedy recovery.

jamesblonde

I have a heart condition and you don't just get palpitations. There is an underlying cause.
Unfortunately, the most likely explanation is either Covid or the MRNA vaccines. As mentioned already, there is a high enough rate of myocarditis that we are seeing well known athletes having heart problems. Myocarditis is quite serious, if he has it, he could be out for a few weeks at least, and hopefully he will make a full recovery. There is news that some Utd players tested positive for Covid. Maybe he was one?

You are right. I wasn't aware that site was such a tin foil hat favourite in my rush to find a source. I still can't seem to find the original stats showing the increase in athlete heart issues which on first look appeared to be from a more reputable source. Seeing as I can't find it though, maybe it's been removed and the increase in these conditions is not as first appeared.
Don’t be in a rush to get stats. Most people who are neutral and have been watching and following football long enough have the common sense to make a general observation.

It’s really not a crime to make the observation and start a conversation with all possible causes on the table. It could be covid, it could vaccine, could be both, could be players not training properly for so long and then playing a huge amount of matches in such a short time, could be an anomaly, or we could be wrong and there isn’t a huge difference.

I’m double jabbed, I’d want to know the cause. But I can understand that there are others who are double jabbed that would rathe ignore it.

Meep

I also have a heart condition. Two cryo ablations so far for the left atriums pulmonary veins entrances..

Nowadays I only get the rush of the right heart.. with sudden rises in frequency of the heartbeat for about ten second.

It looked as though it was this Lindelof had. When you experience it for the first time it's like butterflies in your stomach and a tingling feeling. If you're not used to it it will make you look like Victor did.

Maybe caused by high total stress. Increased training dose, new born baby at home.. so less sleep.

Need to do a total scanning of his heart and rest. Probably it's nothing.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I have a heart condition and you don't just get palpitations. There is an underlying cause.
Unfortunately, the most likely explanation is either Covid or the MRNA vaccines. As mentioned already, there is a high enough rate of myocarditis that we are seeing well known athletes having heart problems. Myocarditis is quite serious, if he has it, he could be out for a few weeks at least, and hopefully he will make a full recovery. There is news that some Utd players tested positive for Covid. Maybe he was one?
I would get palpitations just from tiredness

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The most likely explanation is a bruised or fractured rib.

Scholsey2004

Ive got Coronary Heart Disease. I get random palpitations wnen im overtired.

RUCK4444

Couple of minutes before he went off he chased the ball out of play under pressure from two Norwich players who both bump into him quite heavily, my take at the time was this caused him to be winded somewhat and maybe gave him a feeling of tightness.

Ralf said it was after a coming together and that’s what I remember of it and what I assume he felt because he tested ok for everything straight after he went off.

city-puma

Couple of minutes before he went off he chased the ball out of play under pressure from two Norwich players who both bump into him quite heavily, my take at the time was this caused him to be winded somewhat and maybe gave him a feeling of tightness.

Ralf said it was after a coming together and that’s what I remember of it and what I assume he felt because he tested ok for everything straight after he went off.
When Ralf said it, it is just speculation or intellectual guess. Nothing more or less. He felt chest pain and breathing difficulties. It’s almost surely heart issues. Fortunately, he felt and immediately stopped. It could be another story if not.
There are more and more might/should be linked to COVID and vaccine. Research will catch up soon.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The fanatic vaxxers are as bad as the 5G and Bill Gates antivaxxers, and I’m saying this as a fully vaccinated person. Let the guys debate, the vaccine isn’t even one year old, the data might change, we can’t bury our heads in the sand and categorically dismiss everything bad regarding the vaccine. I’m not saying Victor’s problems are caused by the vaccine, I don’t even know his vaccination status, but god, immediately dismissing everything makes you look like a donkey fanatic, not the smart science believer individual you think of yourself.

Again, I’m not saying the vax is bad, but there’s a reason why Denmark, Sweden and Finland banned Moderna for young males under 30 years of age due to heart side effects.
Good point

VanDeBank

Ma’am
When Ralf said it, it is just speculation or intellectual guess. Nothing more or less. He felt chest pain and breathing difficulties. It’s almost surely heart issues. Fortunately, he felt and immediately stopped. It could be another story if not.
There are more and more might/should be linked to COVID and vaccine. Research will catch up soon.
Thanks for the free diagnosis.

arthurka

What did you want from me? Happy to oblige.

No hope he is fine, I had an episode in end of September when I dropped dead for 4 minutes when I was out playing with my 5 year old daughter. It's scary shit like this can happen without a warning. One minute your fine the next the ground feels very soft and after about 5 minutes you wake up with broken glasses cuts and bruises and your first words are well that was a bad fall I had.

By the way Lindelöf has been the one solid and reliable defender this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The idea that if he had Covid it therefore means it's a heart problem is a bit odd. If your oxygen levels are low surely your heart might beat faster?

FattyFooty

Hope he is ok.

He really been on fire this season. Maybe our best defender so far this season.

Momochiru

As a person who works in this field and specifically in heart diseases diagnosis, I can tell you that I have seen many young adults than normal getting myocarditis (heart muscle inflammation) recently. Not a small number of them was after receiving the covid vaccine (within 2-7 days). Covid itself has a higher risk of causing myocarditis, but it is well documented now that the vaccine can cause it too but at lower rate compared to the disease itself (although the studies are small and for short term, more studies needed).
The vaccines are very safe, what most likely the issue with young males is that they have much higher vascularity in their deltoid muscles, which leads to higher chance the vaccine is inadvertently given intravenously (the needle hits a blood vessel). That is linked with higher risk of myocarditis for mRNA vaccines and blood cloths for adenovirus vaccines (Astrazeneca), because the vaccine goes in the blood stream instead of the muscle. That’s why it’s important the syringe gets aspirated first (you pull the plunger a bit to see if blood comes back in the syringe - if blood comes back you don't give the vaccine). However not every country has the mandatory aspiration, in the UK they don’t do it (same with US and Canada), because the aspiration is linked with more pain as a side effect. I personally don’t care about the pain, so for my vaccine I specifically asked for aspiration - they grumbled a bit but did it, I suggest you research vaccine syringe aspiration - there are great videos by John Campbell with a lot of evidence that a large proportion of the nasty side effects such as myocarditis or blood cloths come from inadvertently intravenously given vaccines.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Piotr Zielinski came off last night during the match. Pretty much identical to Lindelof. I don’t know what to make of that since they’re 24 hours apart from each other.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17019857/napoli-piotr-zielinski-empoli-breathe/

city-puma

Piotr Zielinski came off last night during the match. Pretty much identical to Lindelof. I don’t know what to make of that since they’re 24 hours apart from each other.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17019857/napoli-piotr-zielinski-empoli-breathe/
The problem is that the dressing room probably doesn’t have the needed devices to perform more detailed tests. I guess something as simple as ECG is not available. Medical Imaging might be taken the next day in hospital but I doubt it’s usefulness in this case, because the damage if there is any would be too small to detect.
Hope someone can lead the research looking into these cases. UEFA needs to set up a task force for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.