Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aguero, Eriksen and...?
Wigan’s Charlie Wyke collapsed in training the other day and needed CPR. He got a defibrillator fitted.

It’s far more likely to be from Covid (see Kimmich) than the vaccine. But obviously can’t rule anything out as we don’t know who has and hasn’t been vaccinated. It is quite concerning though that it’s happening way more frequently at the moment.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All joking aside, I hope that they check it out properly. Last thing we need is another Eriksen or Aguero situation. Get well soon Vic

Raynaldo-dossantos

Wigan’s Charlie Wyke collapsed in training the other day and needed CPR. He got a defibrillator fitted.

It’s far more likely to be from Covid (see Kimmich) than the vaccine. But obviously can’t rule anything out as we don’t know who has and hasn’t been vaccinated. It is quite concerning though that it’s happening way more frequently at the moment.
With Charlie's approval, we can confirm that Charlie has not received a COVID-19 vaccination and Charlie's collapse was not related to any COVID-19 vaccination.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/november/Club-Statement-Charlie-Wyke/

Eriksen wasn't vaccinated either.

Last edited:

Uniquim

Aguero, Eriksen and...?

Happened in Norwegian football too a month ago.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59133898

"Icelandic midfielder Emil Palsson, who is on loan at Norwegian second division side Sogndal from top flight Sarpsborg 08, was taken ill after 12 minutes of the first half against Stjordals-Blink.

In a statement, the club said the 28-year-old was "successfully resuscitated".

Palsson was then flown to a nearby hospital for further treatment."

Was just a few days after Agüero.

Red_toad

Happened in Norwegian football too a month ago.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59133898

"Icelandic midfielder Emil Palsson, who is on loan at Norwegian second division side Sogndal from top flight Sarpsborg 08, was taken ill after 12 minutes of the first half against Stjordals-Blink.

In a statement, the club said the 28-year-old was "successfully resuscitated".

Palsson was then flown to a nearby hospital for further treatment."

Was just a few days after Agüero.
Even Joe Rogan has mentioned this, without of course actually checking if it's vaccine, the virus or some heart issue that hadn't been picked up as the likely cause. But it's been happening for decades Marc Vivien Foe, Cheick Tiote, Febrice Muamba to name but a few.

Good to hear Lindelof isn't having any further complications.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Hopefully it was just a knock that winded him. Difficult few days ahead for him and his family and let's hope this is not a serious medical issue.

All the best Victor.

BlueHaze

Thankfully it seems he's okay. I was worried when he started hunching over touching his chest. Felt like another aguero situation but for now he seems okay.

YouknowNani

All joking aside, I hope that they check it out properly. Last thing we need is another Eriksen or Aguero situation. Get well soon Vic
It seems to be happening every other week if you look at leagues around the world, so unfortunately we will probably see more of it. Figures show there's been a massive increase in cardiac events amongst athletes in the past few months. Very concerning.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It seems to be happening every other week if you look at leagues around the world, so unfortunately we will probably see more of it. Figures show there's been a massive increase in cardiac events amongst athletes in the past few months. Very concerning.
Was just wondering if covid was weakening professional athletes? Not the vaccine as we know some weren’t vaxxed but the actual virus

YouknowNani

Was just wondering if covid was weakening professional athletes? Not the vaccine as we know some weren’t vaxxed but the actual virus
Well that's the debate isn't it. Many are claiming it's due the vaccine, many claiming it's due to Covid. Both Covid and the Vaccine cause Myocarditis in some people so it's hard to say.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well that's the debate isn't it. Many are claiming it's due the vaccine, many claiming it's due to Covid. Both Covid and the Vaccine cause Myocarditis in some people so it's hard to say.
Covid has a much higher chance of causing it though. And we have two confirmed as not having had the vaccine and collapsing. No confirmed incidents of a vaccinated player collapsing.

Wayne's World

Hope he's alright after the incident with his chest, right decision to take him off

Better player then Maguire and should be with Varane as first choice CB's from when Varane comes back from injury

YouknowNani

Show me those figures. My guess is that you are talking about the now refuted "69 athletes in october" nonsense.
Probably not the most reputable site but I've seen the stats from multiple sources, I can't seem to find the specific graph I saw earlier today but that link provides an idea. I will post the graph when I come across it again.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Hope he's alright after the incident with his chest, right decision to take him off

Better player then Maguire and should be with Varane as first choice CB's from when Varane comes back from injury
Im with you on him partnering with Varane. He has been pretty consistent lately.

Raynaldo-dossantos

Even Joe Rogan has mentioned this, without of course actually checking if it's vaccine, the virus or some heart issue that hadn't been picked up as the likely cause. But it's been happening for decades Marc Vivien Foe, Cheick Tiote, Febrice Muamba to name but a few.

Nope. It’s never been such a frequent occurrence. I don’t know what the cause is but I think fools are those who automatically assume vaccine AND those who automatically think it can’t be the vaccine or worse still start attacking people who point out the alarming rise in athletes, not just footballers, going down with heart :breathing issues.

Red_toad

Nope. It’s never been such a frequent occurrence. I don’t know what the cause is but I think fools are those who automatically assume vaccine AND those who automatically think it can’t be the vaccine or worse still start attacking people who point out the alarming rise in athletes, not just footballers, going down with heart :breathing issues.
Do you have statistics for that? Or is it just reported more? Reports I've read, they mainly focus on people who've contracted COVID and had issues with myocarditis afterwards.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I was wondering when Lindelof was gonna punch that medical guy who keep asking after Lindelof had repeatedly pointed out his chest. Ha..

Last edited:
Do you have statistics for that? Or is it just reported more? Reports I've read, they mainly focus on people who've contracted COVID and had issues with myocarditis afterwards.
Is there any reason why players suffering heart or breathing issues would not have been reported before ?

Red_toad

Is there any reason why players suffering heart or breathing issues would not have been reported before ?
It would hardly have warranted a mentioned a player from the Norwegian second division having issues 20 years ago. We're more connected now and people with Covid are pretty rabid about putting 2 + 2 and ending up with 12.
So no stats then just read more?

TheReligion

Abusive
Was he not just winded?

Until anything is confirmed as being more serious we should all chill and wait for an update.

Would sooner they do what needs to be done but no point jumping straight to linking it to some kind of cardiac event.

DDG didn't help in his post match comments really as it was in total contrast to Rangnick who I assume would be much more sighted on the details.

meamth

Lindelof finally looking strong and physically dominant in the premier league.

Probably the 1st choice CB at the moment, can't lose him.

It would hardly have warranted a mentioned a player from the Norwegian second division having issues 20 years ago. We're more connected now and people with Covid are pretty rabid about putting 2 + 2 and ending up with 12.
So no stats then just read more?
it’s the fact that humans have the ability to make general observations that then gives us the need to develop stats. If it was the other way round we’d never make any progress. Example, the Dr in Wuhan 2 years ago made a general observations and from that a new virus was discovered, if people asked him about stats he’d have nothing.

Also no one is talking about 20 years ago. We’re just as connected now as we were 2-4 years ago….

Red_toad

it’s the fact that humans have the ability to make general observations that then gives us the need to develop stats. If it was the other way round we’d never make any progress. Example, the Dr in Wuhan 2 years ago made a general observations and from that a new virus was discovered, if people asked him about stats he’d have nothing.

Also no one is talking about 20 years ago. We’re just as connected now as we were 2-4 years ago….
So after 2 years, there's no stats? I didn't ask you to discover anything, simply point to some figures that would support your claims.

You decided to reply to my post where I brought up events that happened well over 15 years ago, but no one is talking about 20 years ago. Sure....

Anyways back on thread, wishing Victor a speedy recovery

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all

Carrick too had some heart issues if I remember correctly.

So after 2 years, there's no stats? I didn't ask you to discover anything, simply point to some figures that would support your claims.

You decided to reply to my post where I brought up events that happened well over 15 years ago, but no one is talking about 20 years ago. Sure....

Anyways back on thread, wishing Victor a speedy recovery
Do you need stats to tell you if a particular day is unusually cold or hot for that time of year based on where you live?

you said it’s been happening for decades, do you mean to this frequency and if so do you have statistics to back that up?

JuriM

Our Estonian team, Fc Flora young defender Markkus Seppik also collapsed due chest pain in our Europa Conference League game vs Partizan and all necessary tests were run and confirmed okay. He returned to play within a month or so.

Ixion

Really hope hes alright. Heart rate up and feeling like you cant breathe could almost be a panic attack but that doesn't seem likely. I hope they are very thorough with more tests this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.