Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

He did well. Prefer him as the third option centre back over captain not-so-fantastic. Varane and Martinez still should be the starting duo though.

kundalini

Good performance. One of the few players who didn't give the ball away cheaply. Defended well on occasion.

A-man

When we are in command of a game I think Lindelof and Martinez look like a good match, especially considering how little they have played together. Good passing tonight and good at winning back the ball high up the pitch.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It was telling that all of Everton’s dangerous approach play came down his and Dalot’s side.

Lyng

Not as shit as usual but not a starter
I agree. Not a spectacular performance but he did well and didn't add nerves to the back four.
I don't mind him as a bench option. For now he is a decent third CB. Should not be the starter though.

norm87cro

After watching the game yesterday he is still BY FAR THE WORST CB at this club. And watching him and Martinez (aldo Martinez has other qualities) getting man handled by Everton didnt inspire confidence. It didnt bite us in the ass yesterday but it will eventually if Erik continues with this partnership.The Maguire haters are so blinded at this point they would take anyone instead of him. The fact of the matter remains that we need an imposing 1'9 m CB who is better at football than Maguire and isnt a total wimp like this guy.

Last edited:

Halftrack

After watching the game yesterday he is still BY FAR THE WORST CB at this club. And watching him and Martinez (aldo Martinez has other qualities) getting man handled by Everton didnt inspire confidence. It didnt bite us in the ass yesterday but it will eventually if Erik continues with this parnership.The Maguire haters are so blinded at this point they would take anyone instead of him. The fact of the matter remains that we need an imposing 1'9 m CB who is better at football than Maguire and isnt a total wimp like this guy.
Nice hyperbole.

Lyng

After watching the game yesterday he is still BY FAR THE WORST CB at this club. And watching him and Martinez (aldo Martinez has other qualities) getting man handled by Everton didnt inspire confidence. It didnt bite us in the ass yesterday but it will eventually if Erik continues with this partnership.The Maguire haters are so blinded at this point they would take anyone instead of him. The fact of the matter remains that we need an imposing 1'9 m CB who is better at football than Maguire and isnt a total wimp like this guy.
Nonsense. He did fine yesterday. Like I said earlier he didnt add nerves to the back line which is Maguires trademark. We managed to remain composed, and he even made up for quite a few of Dalots blunder passes yesterday.

norm87cro

Nonsense. He did fine yesterday. Like I said earlier he didnt add nerves to the back line which is Maguires trademark. We managed to remain composed, and he even made up for quite a few of Dalots blunder passes yesterday.
Ok mate. But Im telling you its a trainwreck waiting to happen. He has been lucky with the Maguire hate train going viral, Bailly and Varane being injured that the CAF WANTS to see qualities in him rather than him possesing any. Im telling you now if this parntership remains we are surley going to ship in a lot of headers against the likes of Palace, Forest or any team with a decent physical front man waiting for the lump.

kaku06

It was good to see him being pro active and abit aggressive than his usual self. If he plays with more courage and intensity he can be a very good centre half. It’s his absolute cowardice and passivity that does it for me.

He is quite comfortable on the ball as we all know it. If he uses the ball with confidence and conviction then he can easily impose himself in the game more.

Lyng

Ok mate. But Im telling you its a trainwreck waiting to happen. He has been lucky with the Maguire hate train going viral, Bailly and Varane being injured that the CAF WANTS to see qualities in him rather than him possesing any. Im telling you now if this parntership remains we are surley going to ship in a lot of headers against the likes of Palace, Forest or any team with a decent physical front man waiting for the lump.
Maguire has been atrocious. Bailly is gone. Lindelöf is currently a decent squad option and is more fit than Bailly and was decent enough yesterday.
That having been said, obviously he should never be the starting option when Varane is fit, and ideally we get rid of Maguire and get a different cb in so Lindelöf is the fourth option.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It was good to see him being pro active and abit aggressive than his usual self. If he plays with more courage and intensity he can be a very good centre half. It’s his absolute cowardice and passivity that does it for me.

He is quite comfortable on the ball as we all know it. If he uses the ball with confidence and conviction then he can easily impose himself in the game more.
Weve been saying the same for 6 years. At what point do we realise that it’s as good as it gets with him

Red_toad

Weve been saying the same for 6 years. At what point do we realise that it’s as good as it gets with him
I don’t think the penny will ever drop with his fans. He has the occasional game where he’s proactive then reverts back to his timid self for the next 30 odd appearances.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a better player than Geebs gives him credit for. More suited to a Barcelona or similar I think. He reminds me of Pay Torres. He has little to know physical qualities but he does position and anticipate well. And a very good passer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s a better player than Geebs gives him credit for. More suited to a Barcelona or similar I think. He reminds me of Pay Torres. He has little to know physical qualities but he does position and anticipate well. And a very good passer.
I think you’re overrating him on all those things, or at least in the PL setting. If he was somewhere where the game was slower and less physical he’d shine. Like Portugal. Oops

Lyng

I think you’re overrating him on all those things, or at least in the PL setting. If he was somewhere where the game was slower and less physical he’d shine. Like Portugal. Oops
I could see him work very well in the Bundesliga actually. But yes in the premier league he is never going to be physical enough to be more than a bench option.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lindelof played well yesterday, which came as a complete shock to me. It doesn't change my view of him. Did well though.

norm87cro

Maguire has been atrocious. Bailly is gone. Lindelöf is currently a decent squad option and is more fit than Bailly and was decent enough yesterday.
That having been said, obviously he should never be the starting option when Varane is fit, and ideally we get rid of Maguire and get a different cb in so Lindelöf is the fourth option.
Yeah I will respectfully disagree with that. He should not be in the club and he doesnt have the qualities to be any option in the fastest and physicaly most demanding league in the world. He should eye a mid table spanish club since that would be his pinnacle. And Maguires own limitations have nothing to do with Lindelofs. One is slow and clumsy but strog and present in the air and the other is very weak and precieved to be "good" with the ball while the signings of Varane and Martinez clearly prove he is not very good at that either. You can have the last word if you wish since I really dont like when people go back and forth too much on a general forum. And I know Bailly is not at the club anymore but during Oles and Joses time he was very injury prone. Peace

Last edited:

Lyng

Yeah I will respectfully disagree with that. He should not be in the club and he doesnt have the qualities to be any option in the fastest and physicaly most demanding league in the world. He should eye a mid table spanish club since that would be his pinnacle. And Maguires own limitations have nothing to do with Lindelofs. One is slow and clumsy but strog and present in the air and the other is very weak and precieved to be "good" with the ball while the signings of Varane and Martinez clearly prove he is not very good at that either. You can have the last word if you wish since I really dont like when people go back and forth too much on a general forum. And I know Bailly is not at the club anymore but during Oles and Joses time he was very injury prone. Peace
Honestly I dont really dissagree with that. But having a player good enough for a mid table La Liga club on the bench isnt the worst option surely?
If Bailly could stay fit I would have loved to keep him but he did have the occasional brain fart in him, which adds nerves to the back line, much like Maguire.
Maguire is strong in the air. And thats it.

Ideally we sell both and get two new better defenders but I dont know if thats realistic, and Lindelöf doesnt talk shite in the media when he isnt playing. There is less of a circus around him than Maguire.

youngrell

Solid game but I wish he would work on his heading technique, the way he swings his arms about and dips his head when he's making a headed clearance looks like a kid heading the ball for the first time. It almost always goes way too vertical as a result.

kaku06

Yeah I agree with you. I’m as critical of him as anyone. I don’t see any Stand out qualities in his game but I was talking about last night’s performance specifically which was better than what he shows every single time.

kaku06

I don’t think the penny will ever drop with his fans. He has the occasional game where he’s proactive then reverts back to his timid self for the next 30 odd appearances.
If you we are taking about me then let me tell you I’m not his fan in any shape or form. I specifically mentioned I hate how much of a coward and how passive he is. So before labelling anyone a fanboy just read what anyone is trying to say mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.