Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Our defence without him during pre-season was a joke. He makes a big difference. And I'd say he is more important than Rio.

vuc

First Team Serb
Beast today. Noticed a period where he was playing on the right hand side for a bit, then switched back to the left. Anyone catch that?

Also some good interceptions when faced with a 1on1 scenario. Great positioning.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yep, great game, and great to have him again every week in the team, him and Rio still make great partnership.

ricky-romeo

brilliant. need to tie him up for at least another 2 or 3 more seasons. i think he can do it.

btw where is evans? is he injured and for how long? ferdinand is always going to be dependable defensively but some of his distribution last night was so poor i kind of miss evans now.

Brophs

The One and Only
I thought that was probably his best game since before he got those injuries. The number of times he won the ball back just by taking up the right position was great.

vuc

First Team Serb
I thought that was probably his best game since before he got those injuries. The number of times he won the ball back just by taking up the right position was great.
Thought he was brilliant against Real Madrid last season, but yeah it's always good to measure his performance against a 'big team'.

Rossa

Rio would have been crucified for that touch that led to the goal; "too old and too slow to react" - just saying. Solid performance. I think he and Smalling are good together.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
no i think Evans is more solid next to him and has a much better passing ability, hence shares the load (in the build up) with Vida better
Arguably yes, little in though. We are fine with any two of them three paired up, which is a good starting point. The core three is sorted.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best penalty box CB in the world.

I also loved the fact when Costa got the lucky bounce and got passed him, he didn't feck around and just took him straight down. Sure he got a yellow but he stopped an easy shot on the edge of the box which potentially was a goal.

He took a risk and it paid off when they fluffed the kick.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rio would have been crucified for that touch that led to the goal; "too old and too slow to react" - just saying. Solid performance. I think he and Smalling are good together.
He wouldn't if he was that brilliant the rest of the game.

Cina

Strange to see him make an almost identical mistake today to midweek. Uncharacteristic errors from our best defender.
He's been pretty poor this season. Certainly not the player he used to be anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.