Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Nah. I liked him until about a year ago, but he's another one who will never find fault with himself or his team, which is probably why after 3 years in Europe they still seem to have learned absolutely nothing.

He'd have fitted in perfectly at Arsenal 7-8 years ago. Potentially perfect player, but looking increasingly flawed by a delusional attitude.

I bet he thinks he's been playing really well all season.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
This threads starting to get a wee bit silly i think. Ok, so he mightn't have been perfect the other night, he was beaten to the ball a couple of times by the best player on the planet. Overall though he had a very good game, and seemed to be a 1 man defence at times. His side were down to 10 men, away from home to a world class side, he was partnering Joleon fecking Lescott, they generally defended well, and he scored at the other end. He tried to play the game on the front foot so was a bit overkeen at the times going to ground early, but overall he had a massive positive effect on those around him.

Having a fairly average season by his own high standards, but still the best defender in the league by a distance, and comfortably the 2nd best centre half in the world as far as i'm concerned.

Edit: :lol:

Last edited:

Pippa

I knew this thread was going to be bumped :lol:
Did anyone else see his fury kick on the wall as he walked in the tunnel?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
And he kicked the breeze-blocks in down the tunnel :lol: Utter bell-end.

MDFC Manager

This threads starting to get a wee bit silly i think. Ok, so he mightn't have been perfect the other night, he was beaten to the ball a couple of times by the best player on the planet. Overall though he had a very good game, and seemed to be a 1 man defence at times. His side were down to 10 men, away from home to a world class side, he was partnering Joleon fecking Lescott, they generally defended well, and he scored at the other end. He tried to play the game on the front foot so was a bit overkeen at the times going to ground early, but overall he had a massive positive effect on those around him.

Having a fairly average season by his own high standards, but still the best defender in the league by a distance, and comfortably the 2nd best centre half in the world as far as i'm concerned.
Uh no. I think both Terry and Cahill have been at least as good if not better than him this season. Mertesacker as well.

Sylar

Wonder how the pundits will blame Demichelis for that sending off?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I thought only violent conduct was a three match ban? It was a professional foul so it'll only be a one match.

That's plenty though :).

Edit: Coolredwine covered it.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He is too hot headed and goes charging round the pitch like an imbecile. Absolute buffoon.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Also I thought straight red = 3 match ban? Can they appeal to reduce it to 1 match?

Gladiator

He is too hot headed and goes charging round the pitch like an imbecile. Absolute buffoon.
exposed when players run at him and he gets turned. also seems to be better when defending in deeper positions than in a high line.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Is there anything more annoying than the way he arrogantly struts around thinking as though he is the man?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Did you see his reaction to being sent off?

"How dare the referee have the temerity to call a foul there, let alone a red card!"

He's a cúnt.
I don't think using accents just to avoid the swear filter is the way to go about it, nahealai. Just let the swear filter do its job, people know the words you mean to use.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gotta love his reaction there, gets a clear red card for a last man tackle then acts like he's all shocked and it's a ridiculous decision. Just suck it up, you made a mistake, walk off the pitch like a man. He's a big drama queen, so overrated it's ridiculous.

Gannicus

Vinny has become a bit douchey over the last year or so. A classic case of letting media hype get inside your head.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Gotta love his reaction there, gets a clear red card for a last man tackle then acts like he's all shocked and it's a ridiculous decision. Just suck it up, you made a mistake, walk off the pitch like a man. He's a big drama queen, so overrated it's ridiculous.
He's a big cry baby. Also has a ridiculously girly voice for someone who is portrayed as a "hard man".

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
His biggest problem is that he fancies himself a ball playing centrehalf. He should stick to sitting deep and kicking and heading balls away. This high line doesn't suit him. He was more comfortable under Mancini.

Reminds me of when AVB made Chelsea play a high line and resulted in Terry looking like a mug every week.

Oggmonster

He loves making a scene. He's a very good player (I think people are being overly critical of him in here purely because the media rate him and that means he must be over rated) but he is a right drama queen. It's the same when he fouls someone, he slides about 5y ards on his knees every time. I'm pretty convinced he's been encouraged to do it to look more "passionate" it would be very much a City kind of thing to want a player to do.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Bit of a drama queen, very good player. Some of you need to stop with the over-reactions.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His media skills also help, always everyone's best mate so they tend to give them a lot more leeway.
Very true.

Bit of a drama queen, very good player. Some of you need to stop with the over-reactions.
I don't think you can really deny that over the last season and a half he's been nowhere near as dominant as he was in City's title-winning season, yet for some reason he's still got the reputation of being that same impeccable defender. I really can't see any difference between him and Koscielny at the moment but Koscielny doesn't have a remotely comparable reputation.