Virginia TV news reporter shot dead during live interview | Warning: Graphic content in spoilers

Neutral

BTV
Is that actually real, are we 100% sure about that? Because if it is, it's chilling as feck.

"Adam went to hr on me after working with me one time!!!" - like that's a reason for killing someone.
The authorities have mentioned him by name - pic sort of looks like him, but the videos are first person.

1st video - him walking up to the victims - 25 or so seconds
2nd video - shooting

the whole thing looked surreal - like COD or any other first person shooting game

:(

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Holy feckin shit! he was standing pointing the gun at them and they were just oblivious. what a sicko

Siorac

He also said something about "she made racist comments". Not that that's a reason either.
Yeah, that's a reason to go to HR, actually! Especially in the US where, to my knowledge, these things are taken very seriously.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I actually hit play on one of them before thinking, nah, I don't want to do that. Glad I stopped myself in time. Curiosity is a powerful thing but none of us need shit like that in our heads.
Same here. Stopped on the first glimpse of the reporters.

Hard to put into words how awful this is.

ChrisNelson

Do you realize you can't compare UK with US? No borders, a lot less people and almost as big as Europe.
Size of the country is irrelevant, if a Government wants something badly enough they can make it happen. Sadly, the Americans have never been fussed about making things better. Which is why this happens. The population of the UK is 60 million people, that's hardly a small country is it? Yet gun crime hardly registers compared to America.

mu4c_20le

The video is on youtube... for now. Just unreal. And everything is happening in real time.. this nutjob is going to get shot before the end of the day.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
The authorities have mentioned him by name - pic sort of looks like him, but the videos are first person.

1st video - him walking up to the victims - 25 or so seconds
2nd video - shooting

the whole thing looked surreal - like COD or any other first person shooting game

:(
The shooter's first person footage is on LiveLeak now. I won't post the link.

Looks like he went straight for the reporter rather than the cameraman.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He waits for the cameraman to pan over to the woman so everyone can see it. Horrible cnut.

Neutral

BTV
Apologies for posting the twitter feed without warning folks - I saw the first video and it obviously cuts out before anything happens and didn't think a second video would go up.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
What sort of stuff was he tweeting? Was there any suggestion that he might not be finished with his shootings?

Siorac

I don't want to be cold and mean but he really could have skipped a step and just shot himself without shooting anyone else. It would have made far more sense.

barros

Where liberty dwells, there is my country
You can't compare owning a f**king gun to riding a jetski. One is to transport yourself across water, as recreation. One is literally an instrument to kill. Ffs. There is no grey area or middle matter here. For non-hunters, owning a gun should be illegal. There is no reason why you or any other layman/average joe should own a gun.
Thats why I said IF, and some people riding jetskis should be arrested

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I watched the video... Damn my curiosity :(

barros

Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Size of the country is irrelevant, if a Government wants something badly enough they can make it happen. Sadly, the Americans have never been fussed about making things better. Which is why this happens. The population of the UK is 60 million people, that's hardly a small country is it? Yet gun crime hardly registers compared to America.
About crime in general?

Oggmonster

Why they didn't see him beats me.
In fairness to the reporters I'd imagine news reporters get A LOT of background "characters" and they probably just come to terms with ignoring them. Look at the amount of live reports on any news channel and there's often people dancing right next to them that they just ignore.

It's easy to say you'd notice a gun in your face but they probably have to become that focused on their job they ignore surroundings.