Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPhil1957

There is no 'possible exception ' about it.

I said possible and meant it, there seems to be a lot of our 'supporters' that do not rate Rooney highly. I can only think they have only seen him on TV or have a lack of football knowledge. Every manager in PL would want Rooney if he was available tomorrow.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Has he has lost a fair bit of explosiveness, flair, the ability to consistently fashion chances for himself and the threat on the ball which made defenders back off him before? Yes, no two ways about it and it is natural given that he's not a bustling 22 year old Rooney anymore but rather a more experienced 29 year old.

However, he's still extremely clinical, more composed, retains the same industry without the fieriness, possesses good hold up play and link up play (up front). He might not be the most technical of forwards granted but for all his flaws, he is still ridiculously productive and has so much more going for him.

I doubt if we will ever see the Rooney of 09/10 and 11/12 of old up front again but he's good enough to lead the line for United as it is. Besides there is hardly a viable and better alternative out there is there? If someone like Lewandowski becomes available, then I'd agree with you but what are the chances of that?
Sensible post.

The amount of stick Rooney gets on here is ridiculous and has been for years. He's the only outfield player who has any balls about him and he's done more for us over the past 10 years than most anyone else. Take Rooney and DDG out of the team and we wouldn't even be contemplating a top 4 finish.

ChrisG11

Aguero, Costa, and Sanchez without question. I would consider Sturridge and even Kane. We have gotten the best from him and it is downhill from here.
Rooney is far more clinical than Costa and Sanchez goes hiding in big games. I'm not going to take Kane or Sturridge as serious suggestions.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
One of few players to still show saf style fight and passion since the boss left. So much more effective than rvp or falcao upfront, in fact both of them should be booted out of the club at the first available opportunity.

markhrad

I know some you really like Rooney but to have him as our main/ player striker will result in us winning nothing, just like the England national team. Some would rather get rid of RVP, Falcao and even DiMaria, technically gifted players who are truly world class. With the exception of RVP, due to age, top teams would be glad to have them over Rooney. LVG needs to find a way to get them performing at a level we know they are capable of, specifically, providing them with a truly complementary midfield.
We are Man Utd not Rooney Utd. We won a lot of trophies with him in the team but he was never the main reason why we won any of them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I know some you really like Rooney but to have him as our main/ player striker will result in us winning nothing, just like the England national team. Some would rather get rid of RVP, Falcao and even DiMaria, technically gifted players who are truly world class. With the exception of RVP, due to age, top teams would be glad to have them over Rooney. LVG needs to find a way to get them performing at a level we know they are capable of, specifically, providing them with a truly complementary midfield.
We are Man Utd not Rooney Utd. We won a lot of trophies with him in the team but he was never the main reason why we won any of them.
You'd rather have Falcao than Rooney..... yeah ok.

markhrad

You'd rather have Falcao than Rooney..... yeah ok.
If we lose Falcao we will probably see him recover his form and regret losing him. RVP and Falcao like the ball played to them in a way they can control, beat a player and shoot. He is world class our central midfield is not.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we lose Falcao we will probably see him recover his form and regret losing him. RVP and Falcao like the ball played to them in a way they can control, beat a player and shoot. He is world class our central midfield is not.
I hope Falcao does get back to his best, but for 43m and at the age of 29 not at United thanks.

Roman Bellic

Prick
A national team that also included Rio,Terry,Cole,Lampard and Gerrard, but yeah Rooney is the only one to blame for England's woes.
Don't think anyone has ever referred to the team as "Rooney UTD", and his work ethic,goals and assists have been critical in our successful seasons, the 2 seasons he scored 25+ goals, we finished 2nd, which is 3 places above where we would have ended up without his goals, you will never get a better star striker who can successfully make that transition to a supporting role to allow players like RVN,RVP,Berba,Saha etc to operate effectively.

As for your "technically gifted players" they have struggled to do anything this season, the only outfield player in our team that would get into another TOP team right now is Rooney, being consistent in scoring numerous goals and assists in over a decade is NOT a fluke.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Our Central Midfield hasn't been world class in a long time, hasn't stopped our strikers from getting 20+ goals though.

Loon

:lol:
If we'd played him up top all along we'd be better off than we are now. Leave him up there the rest of the season.

jem

Aguero, Costa, and Sanchez without question. I would consider Sturridge and even Kane. We have gotten the best from him and it is downhill from here.
Only Aguero from that list (and even then I'd be hesitant given his injury record.) Costa and Sanchez need to do it over a longer period of time to show they'd be worth swapping Rooney for. Remember how good Torres was in his first few years? Imagine if we'd had the opportunity to swap Rooney for him? As for Sturridge and Kane, I simply don't think either is as good as Rooney, simply as that.

If I had to draw up a list of who I'd have over Rooney, it'd probably be:

Messi (he is a striker, is he not?), Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Neymar (although I wonder how well he'd do in the Prem,) and...... I can't think of anyone else. Perhaps Ibrahimovic?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You do realise that Falcao's control this year has been shocking and neither he nor RVP have got pace nor any spring from their knackered legs to get past anyone?

Leg-End

The one chance we get to see Rooney embarrass himself in his own kitchen and its a vertical video, give me strength.

Revan

Assumptionman
Only Aguero from that list (and even then I'd be hesitant given his injury record.) Costa and Sanchez need to do it over a longer period of time to show they'd be worth swapping Rooney for. Remember how good Torres was in his first few years? Imagine if we'd had the opportunity to swap Rooney for him? As for Sturridge and Kane, I simply don't think either is as good as Rooney, simply as that.

If I had to draw up a list of who I'd have over Rooney, it'd probably be:

Messi (he is a striker, is he not?), Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Neymar (although I wonder how well he'd do in the Prem,) and...... I can't think of anyone else. Perhaps Ibrahimovic?
Since Aguero has come to England, he has played 7 mroe games than Rooney (on all club competitions).

Would undoubtedly swap Rooney with him, while would have been tempted to swap him with Sanchez and Costa (if he wasn't the biggest cnut in universe). Sturridge and Kane might be better in long term, but now I really don't think that they're better than Wayne (or would be better for us than Rooney).

Around the world, then Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Reus, Suarez (if he wasn't the second biggest cnut in the universe), Robben, Muller and Lewandovski.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Pathetic. What a stupid thing to do, he's very lucky he didn't smash his head of the chair behind him.

It's out if order that one of his "mates" that he let in his family home has the cheek to leak the video.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol::lol:

Funniest thing I've seen. Clearly not been taking any lessons from Hatton.

Status
Not open for further replies.