Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Dunno if he's happy about it, or van Gaal, but looked fine to me. As said, think Mignolet was fabulous there unfortunately.
He read it well, what way did Rooney go on his last penalty? I sometimes would like a player to just smash it down the middle. Lampard used to be brilliant at it.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Wasn't great today (typical Anfield performance) but I have to say the penalty was an excellent save from Mignolet.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
He read it well, what way did Rooney go on his last penalty? I sometimes would like a player to just smash it down the middle. Lampard used to be brilliant at it.
Last three (this one included) all on the same side, left. Superior ones last two though, might be because there was no save. :D

Dominos

Bit of a knob to not let Mata take the penalty to be honest.
Terrible today, I'm annoyed he didn't let mata go for the hattrick too.
This shit again, we have this debate on here every time a player is on a hatrick and we get a penalty... What happens in 99% of cases? The designated taker takes the pen, because there's a reason we have designated penalty takers and the game was far from won.

m1y2

I know, I was just teasing, we don't have all the same opinions, and that's a great thing. :)
yeah, I agree but in addition to that I am off the same opinion of Roy Makaay or whoever said this that Penalty can't be caught but only badly kicked which was the case today, hope rooney kicks on, cheers

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
This shit again, we have this debate on here every time a player is on a hatrick and we get a penalty... What happens in 99% of cases? The designated taker takes the pen, because there's a reason we have designated penalty takers and the game was far from won.
Rooney is shit at penalties and shit at Anfield, Mata IIRC was a designated taker at Chelsea and was on a hat trick.

wr8_utd

:'(
He was very poor for the first 37 odd minutes but then improved somewhat but still a poor performance. However, it's nothing unexpected from him at Anfield. Important thing is that we won at Anfield, hope he's back to his best vs Villa and City.

wr8_utd

Rooney is shit at penalties and shit at Anfield, Mata IIRC was a designated taker at Chelsea and was on a hat trick.
You don't change your designated taker for a hat trick unless the game is safe already. I remember Ronaldo not giving Tevez a penalty (who is better at it than Mata is) to complete his hattrick as well.

ArmchairCritic

You don't change your designated taker for a hat trick unless the game is safe already. I remember Ronaldo not giving Tevez a penalty (who is better at it than Mata is) to complete his hattrick as well.
Rooney shouldn't be our taker IMO either.

Jaxa

He was carried through the game today but I won't lay in to him too much, he's been brilliant for us so far this season and he just can't get going against pool at anfield, I am really annoyed though Mata did't take that penalty

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What's Mata's pen record like? I remember him missing in the CL final and Lampard was Chelsea's taker.

pseudo_canadian

Wayne Rooney is a brilliant player, but him playing poorly at Anfield is just one of the constants in the universe.

He'll torment Villa next weekend.

Dominos

So in the middle of the match at Anfield the players should have a debate on the relative merits of each player from the penalty spot and strip Rooney of his designated duties? If Rooney is not good enough then Van Gaal needs to change his designated taker, not expect Rooney to hand out the task to any player who fancies it during an important game.

Also Lampard.

wr8_utd

Rooney isn't great at them but with RvP out, he's our best penalty taker so it's right that he took it.

Kazi

Rooney went to his favourite side but didn't quite get it in the corner this time.

Could tell after five minutes he was going to have a stinker.

Irrational.

Horribly subpar performance.

Anyone notice how LVG moved him back into midfield after Falcao came on?

Hope he picks up his form the next game.

ArmchairCritic

So in the middle of the match at Anfield the players should have a debate on the relative merits of each player from the penalty spot and strip Rooney of his designated duties? If Rooney is not good enough then Van Gaal needs to change his designated taker, not expect Rooney to hand out the task to any player who fancies it during an important game.

Also Lampard.
There doesn't need to be a debate, he could have given the ball to Mata, I think I'm mostly annoyed because I had no confidence in him scoring. In the end it made and makes little difference I suppose.

BarstoolProphet

It always feels like he's struggling away to both teams in Liverpool so this perfomance was hardly surprising. Hope he gets back to his Tottenham form next match.

Infra-red

Putting the penalty to one side for a moment, he was absolutely dreadful today. I'd definitely persist with him as the lone striker in a 4-3-3 for the remainder of the season though.

ArmchairCritic

Horribly subpar performance.

Anyone notice how LVG moved him back into midfield after Falcao came on?

Hope he picks up his form the next game.
Thought it was to protect Herrera who was on a Yellow, no natural midfielder to come off the bench at the moment with Blind at LB.

saivet

never ever seen a penalty which was good and which goalie saved. That's nonsense like Rooney's contribution to the game. Play him up front they said! If we had a pacy striker we would have won that 4:0
Koke in the CL last week is the best I can think of.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He should have given the penalty to Mata. A hatrick away to the Scouse on their doorstep is the dream. Especially as Mata is such an accomplished pen taker (and Rooney isn't) and the fact there was 1-2 min left to play! It was selfish from Rooney.
This is the kind of shit this thread attracts. As shit a post as Rooney's performance today.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Wasn't great today (typical Anfield performance) but I have to say the penalty was an excellent save from Mignolet.
It was a bit of a mix for me. It was undoubtedly a very good save, but Rooney's penalty was one you'd expect any decent goalkeeper who managed to guess the right way to make. Fairly poor penalty as well as being a good save.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He was shocking today but he always has one of those now and then and it was bound to come at Anfeild. He should still keep his place over RVP and Falcao unless he plays like that again the next game.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was shocking today but he always has one of those now and then and it was bound to come at Anfeild. He should still keep his place over RVP and Falcao unless he plays like that again the next game.
I'd agree with this. If he has another bad game or two, then I'd consider dropping him, but for now we should definitely persist with him up front because until today, he's generally offered a lot more in his striker role than RVP or Falcao have.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He was absolutely awful, but his attitude was terrific. The amount of times he put the Liverpool defense under pressure was great to see. Other than that, he got everything else wrong.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He should have given the penalty to Mata. A hatrick away to the Scouse on their doorstep is the dream. Especially as Mata is such an accomplished pen taker (and Rooney isn't) and the fact there was 1-2 min left to play! It was selfish from Rooney.
An accomplished pen taker? He has scored 4 in game penalties in his career compared to Rooney's 24. What are you basing this accomplished penalty taking skill on? Hes hardly ever taken any.

Bojan11

I know people keep saying oh it's Rooneys usual shit performance at Anfield and we should accept it.

But he needs to step up in games like this. He's our captain. Shocking he hasn't scored there for 10 years.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We never do tha, I remember Ruud wanting to give a penalty to Forlan who hadn't scored in a while and Fergie didn't allow it. Same happened once when Tevez was on a hattrick and Ronaldo still took.the penalty as he's our designated penalty taker. I don't blame Rooney for this, there's no room for sentiment in football, he missed shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.