Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Typical Goodison/Anfield performance. I'd take him off if he doesn't improve by the 60th minute. He's just never going to have a good game here.
It's bizzare! He can be in great form before it and go back to great form after it but it's like the self pity city is his kryptonite!

Count Orduck

He was fecking awful today. We won in spite of him, not because of him. Absolute gash. What a shockingly shit penalty.

NessunDorma

Comfortably our worst player today, and that penalty miss was just a winnit on the smelly arse of his performance.

But before people pile on, let's remember that our uptick in form has coincided with Rooney going back up front, and we've produced our best performances of the season with him there.

Never good at Anfield, and there's a case for simply leaving him out in this fixture, but let's just move on, because we got the 3 points, and i'm sure he'll be back scoring goals in the upcoming games.

Last edited:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Comfortably our worst player today, and that penalty miss was just the winnit on the smelly arse of his performance.

But before people pile on, let's remember that our uptick in form has coincided with Rooney going back up front, and we've produced our best performances of the season with him there.

Never good at Anfield, and there's a case for simply leaving him out in this fixture, but let's just move on, because we got the 3 points, and i'm sure he'll be back scoring goals in the upcoming games.
Pretty sure Mata returning to the side has had something to do with these 2 massive results too. Can't believe how shit Rooney can be in merseyside. Really don't get it.

NessunDorma

Pretty sure Mata returning to the side has had something to do with these 2 massive results too. Can't believe how shit Rooney can be in merseyside. Really don't get it.
The Mata and Herrera link-up has played a big part as well, I agree. But having a forward who will run in behind, chase, harry, and generally be a bit of a nuisance even when he's not on top form also has.

We seem to have stumbled onto a set-up that works, and apparently it doesn't include RvP, Falcao or Di Maria (our three best players on paper, some might say).

Last edited:

Orton

The Mata and Herrera link-up has played a big part as well, I agree. But having a forward who will run in behind, chase, harry, and genuinely be a bit of a nuisance even when he's on top form also has.

We seem to have stumbled onto a set-up that works, and apparently it doesn't include RvP, Falcao or Di Maria (our three best players on paper, some might say).
I'd say Di Maria can play a massive part, just has to be a bit safer with his passing and style sometimes to prevent so many turnovers. He can obviously pick a killer pass and it looks brilliant when it comes off.

Raw

Typical piss poor showing away to Liverpool. I honestly don't understand how he can be this consistently crap against them (and Everton away).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very poor today, but it was predicted. Nothing to see here though, and I expect him to continue his fine form in the coming weeks.

Just as he is typically bad against Liverpool away, he is typically very good against City, and I expect hi, to be so again in a few weeks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To say he wasn't at his best today would be kind... fortunately, he didn't have to be.

Wish Mata had took that pen!

ottosec

He was wank, as he usually is vs the scouser teams, but the most annoying thing was that he didn't let Mata take the penalty.

DevilRed

Very disappointing. Not just because of the wank performance and missed penalty, but not a lot of leadership from him when we were a bit wobbly after the gerrard sending off. I know its probably nitpicking but should have had a word with Jones for his rash challenge and probably ADM for being wasteful.

Shimo

Was bad but, taking the penalty was the right thing even though he missed. Still provides so much more than RVP/Falcao with his energy.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He was rotten today. If we had a center forward who had bothered to turn up I reckon we could've really embarrassed them.

Orton

Not bothered about him taking the pen, he is the designated taker after all. Had a feeling he'd miss though. His penalties are hit or miss, like his performances.

wr8_utd

:'(
Even I didn't expect Rooney to score. Glad him missing didn't affect the result though. He usually takes 3-4 good penalties in a row after missing so hopefully he scores when they matter. Anyway, no qualms with him taking it over Mata, you don't change your designated taker so someone can complete their hattrick unless you're comfortably winning.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He was crap. Has he ever had a good game against the scousers? The only one I rememeber was that goal goal against Everton in '07 but in general he forgets he's a footballer in these games. Worst game of the season.

m1y2

I thought it was a good penalty, but just an awesome save from Minge.
never ever seen a penalty which was good and which goalie saved. That's nonsense like Rooney's contribution to the game. Play him up front they said! If we had a pacy striker we would have won that 4:0

wr8_utd

:'(
never ever seen a penalty which was good and which goalie saved. That's nonsense like Rooney's contribution to the game. Play him up front they said! If we had a pacy striker we would have won that 4:0
If ADM knew how to pass, we'd have been 3-0 before they ever scored.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He wasn't terrible at all. I'd much rather have had him than RvP or Falcao.
Yes of course that's a given, I arent a fan of either of those players he's definately better than those but in this particular game he didn't offer much at all and he really should've let mata have the pen but never mind we won so it's alright.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Come on, you can't knock him for taking the penalty to be fair, every single United fan wanted Mata to take the PK (me included), sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't,a designated PK taker is supposed to take the kick regardless of the outcome of the game and/or his performance in that game, he has done it to RVP, Lampard has done it to Drogba, Messi does it a lot in Barca, Ronaldo in Madrid - it always happens in football.

He was terrible today though, would have come off if Herrera wasn't on a yellow.

devil in me

Don't know why people are on his case for taking the penalty instead of Mata. He's our penalty taker at the moment and you don't step aside just so someone can have a hatrick.
Agree with the crap performance sentiments though.

m1y2

If ADM knew how to pass, we'd have been 3-0 before they ever scored.
also true, the guy can't make 5yard pass, I know it's all about confidence but Nani wouldn't be more wasteful. Big stars disappointed today..

With all this criticism I don't want to sound negative. I think it's a fantastic win today and well deserved, anyway we were lucky that Ballo wasn't send off I guess we will have underestimated them even more ..

Status
Not open for further replies.