Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Unimpressive for half an hour or so, then bang. Magnificent goal. Then kaboom, phantasmagoric assist. Then kishpow, MUTV stream died. But legends say, he scored a penalty.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
A fully fit and confident Rooney going into the new season would be a great thing

I hope he gets the armband

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Mata and Rooney linkup there didn't look half bad, did it? Now have those two and RvP all clicking together and we should be having a very interesting season indeed.

Art

Art the artist
But..but was it a 300k/week performance though? I think it was more of a 225k/week performance. Sell him!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
A fully fit and confident Rooney going into the new season would be a great thing

I hope he gets the armband
Didn't you get the memo, bro? Apparently, his relationship with LvG is falling apart aaaaany day now and he'll be gone by the end of the window. Which is just as well, 'cause he's actually quite shit 'n all.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
But..but was it a 300k/week performance though? I think it was more of a 225k/week performance. Sell him!
..and the greedy bastard does that in 45 min when we pay him for 90 min! :mad:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Are there still people that think he can't shoot like he used to?

What was he doing picking up the ball from the centre back anyway? Blatant disregard for his role in the team. He's a striker who clearly doesn't have the vision or passing to create from open play, he should just stick to his own zone...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Didn't you get the memo, bro? Apparently, his relationship with LvG is falling apart aaaaany day now and he'll be gone by the end of the window. Which is just as well, 'cause he's actually quite shit 'n all.
Agree.
Who cares about his goals when he mis-controlled a ball at the ninth minute giving the same dullards to make a joke about his wage.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Notwatching the game but he was getting dogs abuse whilst it was still 0-0 in the matchday forum.

Scored 2. Assisted 1.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not the best performance, (everyone's been sloppy, to be fair) but 2 world class moments from Rooney put us 2 ahead. Great goal and great assist.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Are there still people that think he can't shoot like he used to?

What was he doing picking up the ball from the centre back anyway? Blatant disregard for his role in the team. He's a striker who clearly doesn't have the vision or passing to create from open play, he should just stick to his own zone...
There are people on here who think he's incapable of chewing gum.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Playing really well so far. Long may it continue..

dave2528

Notwatching the game but he was getting dogs abuse whilst it was still 0-0 in the matchday forum.

Scored 2. Assisted 1.
He's always going to be under the most scrutiny and get twice as much abuse as anyone else on the squad. There are loads of little girls on this forum (apologies to the actual women on here) who can't get over the fact that the Rooney fairy tale, the one where he loved this club with all his heart and loved all the supporters as much as they him, simply wasn't true. I'm not sussed, because I know he's solely here to do a job and play his guts out.

The days of homegrown talent and badge kissing meaning anything are pretty much dead and gone. Almost all the signs of affection and love shown by the players towards the club and supporters, run about as deep as the next contract. Players are groomed by their "people" to say all the right things and act like the club they're with is the end all be all.

Some, like myself, who are old enough to not hero worship athletes and also understand how cynical the world of professional sports really can be, understand all this. I'm fine with a player not truly feeling the love I feel for this club, so long as they leave everything on the pitch and work their ass off.

I have no issues with Rooney the player, and I've no time to care about Rooney the man.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's always going to be under the most scrutiny and get twice as much abuse as the anyone else on the squad. There are loads of little girls on this forum (apologies to the actual women on here) who can't get over the fact that the Rooney fairy tale, the one where he loved this club with all his heart and loved all the supporters as much as they him, simply wasn't true. I'm not sussed, because I know he's solely here to do a job and play his guts out.

The days of homegrown talent and badge kissing meaning anything are pretty much dead and gone. Almost all the signs of affection and love shown by the players towards the club and supporters, run about as deep as the next contract. Players are groomed by their "people" to say all the right things and act like the club they're with is the end all be all.

Some, like myself, who are old enough to not hero worship athletes and also understand how cynical the world of professional sports really can be, understand all this. I'm fine with a player not truly feeling the love I feel for this club, so long as they leave everything on the pitch and work their ass off.

I have no issues with Rooney the player, and I've no time to care about Rooney the man.
*applause*

RORY65

We just have to accept his flaws now, sometimes his touch is going to be erratic and he will have spells where nothing he tries comes off but his end product and his statistics are outstanding and he's one of the few players we have who can produce moments of individual magic. The system Van Gaal wants to play should help him too, there are 3 rather than 2 places in the team where Rooney can play in a central, offensive role where he wants to play.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's always going to be under the most scrutiny and get twice as much abuse as the anyone else on the squad. There are loads of little girls on this forum (apologies to the actual women on here) who can't get over the fact that the Rooney fairy tale, the one where he loved this club with all his heart and loved all the supporters as much as they him, simply wasn't true. I'm not sussed, because I know he's solely here to do a job and play his guts out.

Well said. Strong finish, which seems apt on a night like this.

DocRockter

Oh look at that: Our best player seems to be feeling it early in the campaign.. Time for Wayne to play a world-class season,,

Lane

Agree. Funny enough many supporters are okay with Ronaldo who actually left.

I also respect Rooney because while he may not love United, but he certainly respects the club. I mean he was playing out of position a lot of times in 12-13 and last year. He does not like it, but do it anyway. And when this conflict with Fergie over position or starting place took place Wayne did eveything asked of him, including playing as a CM against Stoke for example until United secured the league title. Only after that he told Fergie he wants to leave ot told him he wants to leave if he is not considered as a top player or whatever it was.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Well said. Perhaps a bit cynical, but can't disagree with anything here. I think those who were thinking that Rooney would have a tough time playing for LVG are in for a surprise.

jason93

He had a cracking game today. Brilliant first goal, brilliant long ball to Mata's goal and a brilliant penalty IMO

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasn't sure at first how he'd fit into van Gaal's style, obviously thought van gaal would like him as he's a fantastic player with an excellent work rate, but at first I'm sure we all assumed we'd play with a lone striker. In a 3-5-2 though I have a feeling he'll be brilliant this season, maybe even have his best season to date. He's not a midfielder, he's not a winger, and even though he can play as a #10, he's not that. He's a striker, always has been, and his best and most consistent seasons came as one. Playing consistently up there, next to van Persie and in front of Mata, well I think the three of them will be deadly.

Oo0AahCantona

Rooney playing as an actual striker next year with mata behind him... hes going to get a feckton of goals and assists.

Early days under LVG but Rooney looks like he's gonna thrive under his management. We should be grateful he's still around. Last season made his importance painfully clear.

We don't have enough special players in our squad to produce goals and assists as regularly as he does. He's looking very fit and determined to prove himself once again. He's made for our captaincy whether people like it or not.

justboy68

Off to a good start, both in performances and seemingly in relationship with the manager. Looking forward to a good season from Wayne. I really dislike him playing no.10 as his game there is mainly just to spread it wide at every opportunity. Much better as an out and out striker and good to see LVG agrees.

roseguy64

It's a shame that we don't have anyone in the squad now that seems to hold the same level of love for the club that Evra had.
How did you come to this conclusion? What about Fletcher and Welbeck? Evans also. Rafael...

Shimo

Do the goals in preseason count towards his total count for club? On US TV they seem to be counting them and for some reason I thought they didn't. If they do then just 31 more to catch Sir Bobby.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do the goals in preseason count towards his total count for club? On US TV they seem to be counting them and for some reason I thought they didn't. If they do then just 31 more to catch Sir Bobby.
No they don't.. No idea why they would count them on tv. He's 33 away though, could potentially get there this season but unlikely without Champions League football. By the end of next season he should have the record.

ricky-romeo

LVG emphasises on shooting practices in the training sessions and rooney should benefit from this. he seems to be inconsistent with his long range shooting these days despite occasional wonder goals,.

AttackingFlair

^ Wonder how he's scored more goals from outside the box than anyone in recent years in the prem then

Nogbadthebad

Off to a good start, both in performances and seemingly in relationship with the manager. Looking forward to a good season from Wayne. I really dislike him playing no.10 as his game there is mainly just to spread it wide at every opportunity. Much better as an out and out striker and good to see LVG agrees.
Yep. And a lesson for Roy Hodgson and england supporters everywhere. Rooney is, was, and will be for the next few years, by a long way Englands best striker. He isnt 'shit' and daniel fecking sturridge is not better than him. Playing Rooney out left to have that chump as center forward was as daft a decision as I have ever seen at international level, including thinking lampard/gerrard was better than having Paul Scholes in the middle of the pitch..

Status
Not open for further replies.