Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
At least Falcao will be back, if Rooney misses out.

Never thought I'd ever say that sentence.

Zoo

Ogden says he's a doubt but the official twitter has just tweeted this

Firstouch20

How come Rooney never gets labeled as injury prone when he has played less minutes in the 5 seasons than Van Persie

Trizy

I'm actually looking foward to having him back, we've been doing so well without him as a team except the #10 position (Mata) so we're gonna be instantly improved.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do we train on a minefield? What the feck is going on?
It's a serious concern. It's been happening for years on end, how have we not found some form of rectification?

Silverman

I will admit that I have been critical of Rooney in the past but I am beginning to see his importance to United. I think the way forward in modern football is one up front which is where our dilema comes in. It has always been the United way to have an abundance of riches up front. We can't really get away with playing one up top unless we have injuries or suspensions like the Chelsea game at the weekend.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Beyond ridiculous our injury problems.

Carrington needs a serious looking at.

Anyway, that should definitely see Rooney out of the game.

We saw last year (and we've seen countless times in the past) what he plays like if he's got a slight niggle despite claiming he's fully fit. fecking useless.

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why can't our english players stay fit?

ZDwyr

Can someone post what that official twitter said? Can't see it for some reason.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Beyond ridiculous our injury problems.

Carrington needs a serious looking at.

Anyway, that should definitely see Rooney out of the game.

We saw last year (and we've seen countless times in the past) what he plays like if he's got a slight niggle despite claiming he's fully fit. fecking useless.
Nonsense. You're just making shit up now. He'll have carried slight niggles into dozens of games each season. That's life as a professional footballer.

If you're talking about the first game after a long term injury (or that one season when we had to play him when clearly unfit after the Bayern injury) then that's a different story. But hardly the same situation here.

Mali_Zeus

Farce..

Last year Moyes and his dinosaur methods were blamed, but lots of injuries happened before that and in the last few years it has become ridiculous.

Obviously its sthing else going on, not the manager's fault, or we're that lucky that our managers have that kind of traninings where players get injured constantly.

Maybe we should quit training and just play games...

Ffs....

NessunDorma

Is this true? Surely not? What are the stats?
Minutes played in the league between 2009/10 - 2013/14 inclusive:

Rooney - 12'225
Van Persie - 11'056

So no, it isn't true. Rooney has 1169 minutes more, or roughly 12 games. And Rooney's stats are dented somewhat by the fact Fergie deliberately left him out of his last few games, even though he wasn't injured.

Treble

Minutes played in the league between 2009/10 - 2013/14 inclusive:

Rooney - 12'225
Van Persie - 11'056

So no, it isn't true. Rooney has 1169 minutes more, or roughly 12 games. And Rooney's stats are dented somewhat by the fact Fergie deliberately left him out of his last few games, even though he wasn't injured.
RvP was regularly injured before 2011. What are the stats since the start of 2011? That would be more interesting and revealing.

NessunDorma

RvP was regularly injured before 2011. What are the stats since the start of 2011? That would be more interesting and revealing.
Minutes played in the league between 2011/12 - 2013/14 inclusive:

Rooney - 7289
Van Persie - 8034

So Van Persie has the better record since 2011/12, based on him hardly missing a game during 2011/12 and 2012/13.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Nonsense. You're just making shit up now. He'll have carried slight niggles into dozens of games each season. That's life as a professional footballer.

If you're talking about the first game after a long term injury (or that one season when we had to play him when clearly unfit after the Bayern injury) then that's a different story. But hardly the same situation here.
Not just the Bayern game. Throughout his time at United whenever he's had any small break from a few matches he's come back and been terrible yet we've played him because 'Wayne just wants to play'.

I'm always critical of him but I actually wanted him back for the derby in spite of this. Now he's picked up a slight knock I don't want him anywhere near the team.

Pogue Mahone

Not just the Bayern game. Throughout his time at United whenever he's had any small break from a few matches he's come back and been terrible yet we've played him because 'Wayne just wants to play'.

I'm always critical of him but I actually wanted him back for the derby in spite of this. Now he's picked up a slight knock I don't want him anywhere near the team.
Not that I agree with this anyway (loads of example of him making a big impact in his first game back from injury) but you're not talking about the same scenario. You're talking about him missing a run of games with an injury. This isn't what has happened here. He's (allegedly) got a minor injury which may or may not make him miss a singe game of football.

The first clause in your second last sentence speaks volumes...

Pogue Mahone

The Daily Heil article linked above, has this to say about the alleged injury.

Sources in the Rooney camp said the 29-year-old trained on Monday morning and was fully fit, despite appearing to carry his right leg gingerly at the launch of a new United deal with watch manufacturer Bulova in the afternoon.
Anyone who's ever played football knows it's common to be a bit lame immediately after getting a kick during training, then absolutely fine 24-48 hours later. Seems like incredibly scant evidence to get alarmed about and start all the "injury prone" chat again.

Last edited:

NessunDorma

The Daily Heil article linked above, has this to say about the alleged injury.

Anyone who's ever played football knows it's incredibly common to be a bit lame immediately after getting a kick during training, then absolutely fine 24-48 hours later. Seems like incredibly scant evidence to get alarmed about and start all the "injury prone" chat again.
Keeps City guessing, anyway.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hope he's fit as we've missed him. That said though, if he's half fit then I'd rather he wasn't involved. We've seen it backfire far too many times in the past.

Treble

Minutes played in the league between 2011/12 - 2013/14 inclusive:

Rooney - 7289
Van Persie - 8034

So Van Persie has the better record since 2011/12, based on him hardly missing a game during 2011/12 and 2012/13.
Thanks mate.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Weren't there some stories in the summer about Van Gaal wanting to renovate Carrington or am I just making things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.