Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Mixed performance. Thought he was excellent in the last half hour.

Don't think him playing CM suits him really, but he did a decent enough job.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Started awfully then, especially in the second half, got better with each passing minute.

Welbeck syndrome can't be excused though. Great dribble but does too much and one of our best openings becomes a scrappy affair in which we should have scored but didn't through his poor choice.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good performance. He's never a central midfielder, though.

Litch

Absolutely superb once he settled. Really enjoyed his performance today....

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
That one run was fantastic, and then he tried to turn in when he should have kept going. Good game though, nice to have him back.

Lou-is Red

Ran around a lot but with no real quality on the ball. Few decent moments but struggled overall. Game was a fast pace and wore out very quickly

ZDwyr

That run was brilliant. Needed to get a shot off though. Started a bit rusty but got better. Worked himself into the ground. Well and truly ahead of Mata at the minute.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Started playing well around 70th minute, everything started from that great run he's made. Other than that, nope.

Not that he's the only one to blame, mind.

Ixion

Wish he had pulled the trigger after that run. Played OK really considering he's had a month off.

Dylan94

Did well today overall considering it was his first game back. Should have finished off that great run with a goal on his left and i'm sure he would have scored it if he'd have taken it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can't believe he didn't shoot... that was THE Wayne Rooney derby day moment.

Overall - Some very good stuff, some pretty rubbish stuff.

Woodenlung

Had a good 15 minutes at the start of the game and another good 15 at the end. Was sandwiched by 60 minutes of mediocrity though. Constantly gave the ball away when playing the flashy pass. Wasn't a very good performance. But then again he's only back from injury and playing in a position he's never been great in.

thejtrain

Started the game badly with a few misplaced passes and repeated hollywood passes that even Johnson could have defended but did very well in the second half when we were pressuring City in search of a goal. He simply walks into the team for me in place of Mata. Mata wouldn't have been half as good as that had he played, I swear.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I said he's always shit whenever he comes back after missing any games and was shot down.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The last 30 minutes today reminded me of the old Wayne Rooney. We need him to perform like that on regular basis.

JUPITER

Why couldn't Van Gaal have made DDG captain? What is gained by having to shoe-horn Rooney into every starting 11 whenever's he's available even if it means playing him in ridiculously out of position - like CM against a top team?

Argh it really annoys me.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Did well towards the end of the game and was one of the main reasons we were close to getting anything from the game. Superb run through on goal, just wish he'd hit it with his left.

Jerch

Why couldn't Van Gaal have made DDG captain? What is gained by having to shoe-horn Rooney into every starting 11 whenever's he's available even if it means playing him in mental positions - like CM against a top team?

He is probably our best player at the moment...

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Why couldn't Van Gaal have made DDG captain? What is gained by having to shoe-horn Rooney into every starting 11 whenever's he's available even if it means playing him in ridiculously out of position - like CM against a top team?

Bizarre post.He had a very good game again today.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had a shaky start but worked himself into the game. Was definitely better in the second half, especially in the last 20 mins or so. That run, though. :drool:

What I like about Rooney, though, even if he is having a bad game and giving away the ball, like he did a few times in the first half, he doesn't shy away from the ball, and is pretty much always in the game. You need characters like that.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
JUPITER did Rooney bang your girl or something?

You seem to be the only person stuck on this. Yes, he shoulsdn't have played in CM but he was id very well all things considered. Not the reason why we lost

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That run if he scored would have been the best Rooney moment ever. Reminded me of Higuains run in the world cup when he megged Kompany.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Didn't show any signs of lack of fitness and game practice which is usually case with him when he is out. Few misplaced passes early in first half apart, he had a decent game.

NessunDorma

That run if he scored would have been the best Rooney moment ever. Reminded me of Higuains run in the world cup when he megged Kompany.
Plenty of games to come this season, and i'm sure he still has lots of great goals in him yet.

Walters_19_MuFc

Watch the first half again.

Not that I blame Rooney.
There's no doubt that Rooney wasn't great in the first half, but do you also criticise Di Maria, who also hasn't had the greatest of games in the last couple of weeks? If not, that really pees me off, because it just shows you have some sort of personal vendetta against Rooney.

JUPITER

JUPITER did Rooney bang your girl or something?

You seem to be the only person stuck on this. Yes, he shoulsdn't have played in CM but he was id very well all things considered. Not the reason why we lost
I really like Rooney as a player, I don't blame him for being played wildly out of position! But as I've said elsewhere -

Watch the first half again and count how many times possession is gifted, unpressured, to City due to Rooney being played as a CM.

Watch how much pressure is invited onto our already makeshift defence because of this.

Count how many wild, cross field hollywoods are given straight to City for them to run straight down our weak right hand side and attack the vulnerable Valencia and Smalling.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Thought he was ok first half and then very good second half. Problems are individualities really though at the moment, it's getting them to perform cohesively.

JUPITER

There's no doubt that Rooney wasn't great in the first half, but do you also criticise Di Maria, who also hasn't had the greatest of games in the last couple of weeks? If not, that really pees me off, because it just shows you have some sort of personal vendetta against Rooney.
Go to the Di Maria thread and search my name.

And I blame LvG for playing Rooney out of position, I'm a massive fan of Rooney, have been all his career.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He hasn't played for 3 matches... and we did great against Chelsea without him.
Did we? I dont think so. Mata was awful and we would probably have won if Rooney was playing, he was just what was missing from that match

Watch the first half again.
Watch the second half again.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Every 5 or 10 minutes, I just stop and say "Why didn't you shoot Wayne? Whyyyyyyyy!?"

I need help.

binary bot
Why did he turn inside on that brilliant run? Thought he was gonna toe poke it near post

Walters_19_MuFc

Go to the Di Maria thread and search my name.

And I blame LvG for playing Rooney out of position, I'm a massive fan of Rooney, have been all his career.
ON DI MARIA

He does look nervy/twitchy in the big games doesn't he?

I remember a few examples of this in the World Cup as well - making bad decisions at odd times.

Just needs to keep it calm on his final ball today.

:lol:

That, in comparison to the stuff you've posted on Rooney? Behave!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bit rusty but is to be expected, worked hard and almost inspired an equaliser, good to have him back.

Trizy

He's shit
Pointless balls
feck off Rooney

To

Best attacking
Played well
One of our best players

This thread is bipolar :lol:

For me he had a rusty first 10 but played well after that, I have to admit though when he was running back like a bull after Toure I was waiting for a Red card tackle, but he didn't and won the ball. Good performance for a 10 man squad, getting better at his captain duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.