5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Rooney fans using goals against Brugge, Ipswich and two penalties against Switzerland and San Marino as a sign that everything is okay is the last act of a desperate argument.

Quite frankly, I'd rather he's scored 0 all season but actually been playing well, and not looking like a has been footballer who can barely control a ball.

clarkydaz

Rooney fans using goals against Brugge, Ipswich and two penalties against Switzerland and San Marino as a sign that everything is okay is the last act of a desperate argument.

Quite frankly, I'd rather he's scored 0 all season but actually been playing well, and not looking like a has been footballer who can barely control a ball.
its like this for me, don't really care about his goal tally now. just whether his general play holds the team back

finneh

Exactly. It's the same stats argument that would see David Silva dismissed as mediocre.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Forward passes though....

LeftyBlaster

This. Exactly this is what I've been trying to say @NessunDorma mate.

NessunDorma

This. Exactly this is what I've been trying to say @NessunDorma mate.
No you haven't, because never have I argued that 'everything is okay'. That is simply an outright fabrication on your's and Sam's part.

I've conceded his poor overall form a number of times, as has pretty much everyone else who's pointing out that his scoring record is still quite decent (which potentially bodes well for the rest of the season, if he can start to produce some better form to go with it).

But the likes of you and Sam don't seem to get it, probably because you don't want to get it, because 'getting it' would involve conceding that he's done some half-decent things among the not-so-decent things this season as well.

And you simply do not want to give him a shred of credit at all. The mob are out with their pitchforks, and they must have blood.

LeftyBlaster

No you haven't, because never have I argued that 'everything is okay'. That is simply an outright fabrication on your's and Sam's part.

I've conceded his poor overall form a number of times, as has pretty much everyone else who's pointing out that his scoring record is still quite decent (which potentially bodes well for the rest of the season, if he can start to produce some better form to go with it).

But the likes of you and Sam don't seem to get it, probably because you don't want to get it, because 'getting it' would involve conceding that he's done some half-decent things among the not-so-decent things this season as well.

And you simply do not want to give him a shred of credit at all. The mob are out with their pitchforks, and they must have blood.
What half decent things has he actually done before the Everton game? Save scoring 3 against injury ravaged Brugge and 1 against Ipswich.

I remember him being pretty horrendous save for being not horrible for 45 mins against Saints. I'm more than happy to give him credit if actually does something worthy of credit. I acknowledged his part in the Everton game and would hope he builds on it. For the most part, he hasn't played like a someone contracted to be the star man of the club. No where close.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What half decent things has he actually done before the Everton game? Save scoring 3 against injury ravaged Brugge and 1 against Ipswich.

I remember him being pretty horrendous save for being not horrible for 45 mins against Saints. I'm more than happy to give him credit if actually does something worthy of credit. I acknowledged his part in the Everton game and would hope he builds on it. For the most part, he hasn't played like a someone contracted to be the star man of the club. No where close.
He almost scored against Tottenham.:angel:

VP

Can we add that half to the catalog of poor performances this season?

Watch Fellaini now come on for Herrera while Martial remains shunted on the wing, all to accommodate Rooney.

dirkey

Need to get Martial up top. Rooney's movement just isn't suited to this formation.

Maxii

Paad

Watch Fellaini now come on for Herrera while Martial remains shunted on the wing, all to accommodate Rooney.
But he's the captain!

Ryan7

He offers absolutely nothing. Two centre backs in their thirties and he's just as slow as them. This team will never progress with the preferential treatment he is given. We stand no chance with him leading the line.

bubbles_

Get him off.

Who am I kidding? It won't happen but I think i've said that at HT in every game this season bar Everton

Roboc7

Martial should be playing through the middle, Rooney is ideal opposition for their ageing centre backs.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Only God knows why LVG is insisting on playing Rooney all the fecking time even at the expense of us getting a bloody result! What is going on?!!!!!!:mad:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Since when did he become our Messi? Why can't he actually press people himself instead of telling other players all the time to do that while he just stands there all the time? What kind of tactics is that?

Btw, I am not blaming him for that, it's obviously van Gaal's decision, but feck me if there is any logical reason for that. If we need instructor on the pitch instead of players who actually do something why don't we play van Gaal instead of him, he surely knows better to do that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His acceleration is absolutely dreadful. No pace op over 10 yards.

BarstoolProphet

Not only is he detrimental to the team he is also making Martial struggle because LvG insist on Rooney playing in 'his best position'. Rooney is now the David Moyes of footballers. Sure, he might win you a match or two once every other century but overall he's pretty shit.

Baxter

He needs to run the channel, drop off and keep making moves away from the centre backs. He's done absolutely none of that so far.

JackXX

He does nothing. Would rather play Martial up front and play Mata or Memphis wide.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This Rooney centric focus is killing us here. I don't think he's been terrible tonight but his presence in the team as a striker forces Martial further away from goal and it's not working right now (61 mins). Throw in Herrera, who excelled as a 10 just a few days ago, also being moved from position and it makes no sense. Martial and Rojo have barely spoken a word to each other and that combination is suffering.

Just don't get why the need to pacify one man is insisted upon at the clear expense of the full capability of the team. It's not pragmatic.

Tyrion

I missed the first 20 minutes of the game and saw the rest of the 1st half and I honestly didn't notice him for about 10 minutes. He can't be fully blamed tbf as we're sh!te in general tonight.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I wish Malcolm McLaren would stop selecting Ronnie Biggs. What a swindle.

United22

fecking horrendous and I don't give a flying feck what he did in the Everton game. He is fecking finished and he isn't good enough to start at this club, or any other top 4 club for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.