Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You're right, chief - it wouldn't make any difference to his play.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That's really unnecessary.
It really isn't, if he gets shifted back into midfield despite proving that he is utter crap there last season, not to cover injuries, not because others aren't playing well but purely to shoehorn his broken down worn out ass into the side in yet another position it's how I feel.

Cina

It really isn't, if he gets shifted back into midfield despite proving that he is utter crap there last season, not to cover injuries, not because others aren't playing well but purely to shoehorn his broken down worn out ass into the side in yet another position it's how I feel.
Wishing injury on a player is against Caf rules regardless of whether it's tongue in cheek or how you feel about them, so yes, it is.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree, that if he has a good game here it could kick start everything for him. If not it could be awful for him. I seriously hope it goes well for him.
Yep me too as when he plays well he's quality and apart from maybe DDG our best player but not seen it in quite a while.

SirAF

Ageist
apparantey one of todays headlines is Glenn Hoddle wanting to see him moved into a new role :rolleyes: :yawn:
I read that. Sometimes so called "experts" astound me.. how can he think that Rooney will be better as a #10 when he's got the permanent first touch of a Moose now? If we absolutely have to play Rooney then the #9 is where he does the least damage..

Born2Lose

The thing that's really annoying me at the minute is how Martial is being shifted to the left despite shaming Rooney with his performances upfront this season.

The idealistic part of me says that if Rooney were a REAL captain then he'd be honest that his level of performance isn't good enough and asked to be benched for a few games.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The thing that's really annoying me at the minute is how Martial is being shifted to the left despite shaming Rooney with his performances upfront this season.

The idealistic part of me says that if Rooney were a REAL captain then he'd be honest that his level of performance isn't good enough and asked to be benched for a few games.
Yeah I would hope this happens as well but unfortunately the reality is the footballer's ego won't allow it...

Rooney could start though by asking his ex-teammates and media buddies to stop blaming the rest of the team for his crap performances. It's really quite awful that. No worries for them to be biased towards him - it's their perrogative - but to throw his teammates under the bus to make their point is pretty low behaviour.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For those thinking he might get dropped:
He is the first name on the team-sheet. And he has reached a point where if he isn't doing well in the NO.9 position, he will be shifted around the pitch to accommodate him.
He is undroppable.

Given that we are stuck with him for this season, I hope he does well today and the rest of the season and then gets sold in the Summer.

Being undroppable must have its own pressures that few players have ever experienced.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Wishing injury on a player is against Caf rules regardless of whether it's tongue in cheek or how you feel about them, so yes, it is.
Well in that case I apologise and change it to wishing he was just somewhere else.

RedRevongge

For those thinking he might get dropped:
He is the first name on the team-sheet. And he has reached a point where if he isn't doing well in the NO.9 position, he will be shifted around the pitch to accommodate him.
He is undroppable.

Given that we are stuck with him for this season, I hope he does well today and the rest of the season and then gets sold in the Summer.

Being undroppable must have its own pressures that few players have ever experienced.
I don't get this whole undroppable thing. If he is in bad form he should be benched. I thought the whole LVG philosophy was about what is good for the team and no the individual?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
being undroppable must have its own pressures
It really doesn't.

If you are not feeling well playing every game or you think you are underperforming then you simply admit you think it would be the best for your form to skip few games, I am sure every manager would understand that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Remember that Derby where he stunk up the place for 80 odd minutes with the touch of a brick wall and repeatedly giving the ball away but then popped up with a bicycle kick to win it?

Well I can hope.

Shark

@NotShark
Is there anything we can say at this point that hasn't already been said? He's a hindrance to the team and there's feck all we can do about it until LVG grows some balls.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
That pass/cross/whatever it actually was just about sums him up right now.

Skills

Snitch
He is so so bad. Its like playing against 12 men.

His first touch is what I'd imagine it would be like if you chucked me onto the pitch. Ball just bouncing off all over the place.

Ole90+3

Jesus, I was coming into this thread expecting to see praise.

I have been one of the biggest critics of Rooney this season, but I think he has been very good so far.

Playing with that classic warrior attitude, and actually running at the defense.

Minimalist

People talk about him being "not as bad" as other might say but it must be slightly demoralising to the rest of the team having to play with him right now. Knowing any good play that ends up with him is probably going to be wasted.

Even Valencia is looking more dangerous than him.

Minimalist

I have been one of the biggest critics of Rooney this season, but I think he has been very good so far.

Playing with that classic warrior attitude, and actually running at the defense.
Do join us in 2015 where being a top footballer means a bit more than that.

Hes past it. This is one of the worst United performances i have seen in years. He loses the ball with every first touch and every pass leaves his teammates chasing a loose ball.

Ole90+3

Do join us in 2015 where being a top footballer means a bit more than that.
This is one of the hardest fought matches of the season, what do you want from him? Scoring over head kicks every game?

He's done as well as any of the other attackers on the pitch.

I also wouldn't classify him as a 'top' footballer anymore. So I'm trying to be relative to what level I think his skills are at.

Shark

@NotShark

Just goes to show how low his standards have fallen when you see him getting praise for another performance like this.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He's he makes me sick. He's a huge hindrance to us and has been all season.

How on earth do the coaches not see this? How the feck can he be unstoppable.

Winrar

let's sign usain bolt then. he's faster and probably will love to play for us

Minimalist

This is one of the hardest fought matches of the season, what do you want from him? Scoring over head kicks every game?

He's done as well as any of the other attackers on the pitch.

I also wouldn't classify him as a 'top' footballer anymore. So I'm trying to be relative to what level I think his skills are at.
He could stay up front.

He could pass the ball better.

He could control the ball properly like the rest of his teammates.

He could think a bit more when he's on the ball.

I don't know what 300k/wk gets you these days but I don't think it's too much to ask.

I really don't care if he's a "warrior".

Ole90+3

He could stay up front.

He could pass the ball better.

He could control the ball properly like the rest of his teammates.

He could think a bit more when he's on the ball.

I don't know what 300k/wk gets you these days but I don't think it's too much to ask.

I really don't care if he's a "warrior".
He could obviously be playing better, but so could all of our players so far.

Deleted member 78215

Genuinely don't know how you can be of this opinion. He's been absolutely dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.