Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware of how far he's fallen. In that case, it's unlikely he isn't somewhat down at present. Whether it's full-blown depression is another thing and that term shouldn't be thrown around casually.

He may well have a drinking problem. Which is not necessarily linked. Plenty of footballers have that issue.
I wouldnt. From a ridiculously young age he has been praised and adored beyond all sensible levels for over a decade. Successive managers including SAF until the very end have protected him, kept playing him when out of form, refused to criticize him and afforded him special privileges. It would be a minor miracle if the poor sod isnt completely deluded.

Minimalist

I think what you're referring to here is reactive depression versus clinical depression. Reactive/situational depression is in response to something that has occurred and is short term. Clinical depression is, more often than not, due to chemical imbalance and requires long term management.

Having a problem with alcohol abuse will impact on depression because alcohol is a depressant.

Lots of legal warnings flying around apparently re Rooney and what can be reported.

But I think he knows his days at the top are over. Whether any of this is connected or not we can only guess.
Yeah I suppose I didn't think of it as clearly as that. Point taken.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
People really need to stop mentioning his wages.

Its frustrating seeing him play shit but he still sells tickets and merchandise more than any currrent player.

On the oversees tours people pay to see Wayne and not Martial or Herrera etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That's obviously rubbish rumour about the depression. Van Gaal is an idiot at some things, but to insist on playing him all the time while he is suffering from depression would be something else. Especially because he was playing like crap, it could just make it even worse because his performances turned his fans against him. It would definitely be one of the worst therapies I have ever seen.

No way it's true, I am sure we have no reason to worry about.

If it turns out someone made it up just for fun, that person should just die. You don't invent stuff about people's health just to have more followers on twitter.

People really need to stop mentioning his wages.

Its frustrating seeing him play shit but he still sells tickets and merchandise more than any currrent player.

On the oversees tours people pay to see Wayne and not Martial or Herrera etc.
Stadiums we visit would be full with or without Rooney. We didn't even took him last year on a tour ffs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Van Gaal, quoted by The Guardian:

Wayne Rooney could return for Norwich City’s visit to Old Trafford, having missed three matches with a foot injury. If he features it will be the captain’s 500th appearance for United.

Rooney’s form has been uneven yet his seven goals make him the top scorer and Van Gaal believes the striker can continue at the highest level for at least three more years. “I think so because we are playing like we have played this year – nevertheless he has scored the most goals. It is still Wayne Rooney."

NinjaFletch

Oh feck off.

We've been demonstrably better as an attacking unit since he's been injured, I can see that on a jittery stream that gets taken down every 5 minutes. How van Gaal can't I don't know.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Paul Sholes didn't make his 500th appearance for us until age 32. Considering he was with us from school boy age and quit England at age 29, it shows how many miles Rooney has in his legs. He has played a ridiculous amount of football for his age.
Anyway, credit to him for reaching this milestone, will go down as a top player for us.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Joe Spence is goin' down!

I have Rooney at 101 Premier League assists, though, I believe 'official' PL didn't track them in early 2000s. Or they are just crap at tracking them. :cool:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Congratulations on your 500th appearance Wazza.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought he showed the occasional sign of improvement, but he's mostly still been average. Needs to do a lot better.

Minimalist

So slow. That's the main thing you notice.

One scenario we saw Martial burst from inside our half, reaches the edge of the box, fires it into Rooney, who can barely turn or shuffle his feet before the Norwich defender pressures him to lose it.

He's pointless.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Saw just last 15 minutes but that run when Mata passed him through the defence would put any striker on one on one with the goalkeeper, but not Rooney who always end up being catched by the defence and we usually get nothing out of his run. It's ridiculous how slow he is.

MDFC Manager

Plays like a £30k/week footballer. LvG can be sacked, but what's the solution with this guy?

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
He's been good, made some good moves, had a nice finish but was offside, a fantastic pass to Depay, and just generally okay. He's been much better than what we've seen as of late.

Ryan7

Much improved. The fact he has done nothing means he can't do anything wrong. Keep it up Wayne!

drdoityourself

He's been so awful this year that this performance has been deemed fine by many. The standard is so low for him these days. Should not be our starting striker, but we are awfully light on forwards so we're stuck with him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't think he's good enough for the Chinese league.

Adisa

When the captain puts in this kind of performance, you can't demand better, from the other players.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Can't lay too much blame at his door other than that rather poor left foot shot (and he's always been quite average on his left side in truth)

Minimalist

Lost the ball after a mix-up in the middle for the second goal there.

Captain fecking fantastic.

Adisa

The fact that he's captain of Man Utd, earns 300k a week and still has three years left on his contract is symbolic of the shite this club is in at the moment.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Has there been single defender who didn't outrun him this season?

Godfather

He can feck off forever. No matter what the price is to fire the cnut I'd throw him out. Seeing the back of him is worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.