Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
United itself isn't as good as it used to be. Our level has dropped massively, as far as our playing team is concerned.
Not talking about him now, he's clearly past it.

But while Fergie was here he was always one of his key players (up until Fergies last season when he saw what everyone else failed to see, Rooneys decline).

To say he's had disappointing career is just plain stupid. Man scored more winners for United than any other player, probably will end his career as Uniteds top scorer and has fair share of trophies to show, yet somehow that's not good enough :lol:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He's had a fantastic career, but he did fail to live up to his own hype, no denying that. He never became the player everyone thought he'd be, when he initially burst onto the scene.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
His own hype, or hype created by press? Since I don't think I've ever seen him calling himself white pele or whatever. He could've been better player that's true, but for someone who's won so much and tops scoring charts for both club and country (still waiting club part) is just stupid to expect even more.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He did hold the club hostage over two separate occasions and undermined our authority by threatening to leave, because we weren't ambitious enough for him. The fact that he thought he was bigger than the club leads me to believe he does think of himself as a far better player than he actually is now.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He did hold the club hostage over two separate occasions and undermined our authority by threatening to leave, because we weren't ambitious enough for him. The fact that he thought he was bigger than the club leads me to believe he does think of himself as a far better player than he actually is now.
United could've sell him straight away yet SAF gave him new contract, why? Don't think he though being bigger than the club, but going from playing with Tevez and Cristiano to playing with Owen and Valencia could've made him question direction of the club. And in hindsight he was right since not dealing with losing star players got us where we are now.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fair play to him. Should have had 2 in this half already.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He has to adapt himself to a role of fox in the box type of player, has all the tools to make himself great poacher!

NessunDorma

Now matched his goal tally for last season. And aiming for 20 for this season no longer seems far fetched.

I was more pleased by the assist than the goal, though. Great pass.

Treble

Looked relatively sharp, can he keep it up till the end of the season? I think not, prove me wrong, Wayne.

RedStarUnited

Always said that we needed Rooney to play well if we were ever going to do anything this season. Simply cos he plays all the time.

ants7

Must give him credit for coming back after a disastrous first half of the season. He won't be the same angry boy never again but he's currently scoring goals and helping others scoring them. Can't ask for much more. I hope he can keep this form.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was excellent in the build up, much better than in last game against shit opponent where he got praise for being average.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Let's hope his purple patch lasts as long as his rough one.

Devil may care

His best game of the season IMO, I do think that come next season he has to become a squad player rather than automatic #9 starter if we are to actually move forward as a team, but this was better tonight.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
His problem is that the gap between his best and worst is just fecking massive. From very, very good player, to Sunday league stuff. Let's just hope this current version of Rooney can last for a few more months.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Safe to say he's back? Been class since the new year. 7 goals in his last 7. All around game been excellent as well. Hopefully we just keep him up top now instead of moving him and martial around constantly, which hurts their form inevitably.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Credit where credit is due. Thought he was finished. We need him to continue this scoring form.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His best game of the season. He even looked like he was faster than a few weeks back.

Has developed a great footballing relationship with Martial and simply because he has regained self confidence, his finishing is much more reliable.

Red hot scoring form right now. Put simply, if Rooney can score 10 goals in remaining 14 PL matches, we will finish in the top 4 and he will have well earned his hefty salary.

Genuinely happy he seems to have some mojo again.

Shark

@NotShark
Rooney really is the best at bouncing back at his critics. Let's be honest, most of us on here said he was finished.

Devil may care

Rooney really is the best at bouncing back at his critics. Let's be honest, most of us on here said he was finished.
As a regular starter I still think he is, if he could see his way to being a back-up though then it might be different.

Shark

@NotShark
As a regular starter I still think he is, if he could see his way to being a back-up though then it might be different.
Where would be be without him as a regular starter right now though? he's banging in much needed goals and looking creative again too.

FujiVice

I wonder if there was a problem with him, as the rumours said at Christmas. Ever since those rumours that he was either drinking or suffering with depression, he's really stepped up. Its not rare to see players get back on form. Its quite rare to see someone play as badly as he did in the first half of the season, with the quality he had. He looked finished up until the start of the year.

Devil may care

Where would be be without him as a regular starter right now though? he's banging in much needed goals and looking creative again too.
Where would we be if we'd had a top #9 all season? He can still finish as we see but many games when under pressure his touch and passing is poor, and we have zero alternative to play up there. He'll be a year older next season with another International summer on his body, he's at the point where less games and impact role is the natural transition given how much football he has already played, we need a striker with more pace and strength up top for the week to week.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Best game he's played in a while. Looks sharp, great assist, and very good runs.

More importantly, he looks to have clicked with martial, and looks like hes enjoying his football again.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Aside from his general good performance, I've been really impressed with his off the ball movement recently. He's been brilliant at creating space for team mates and disorganising opposition defences.

ColvaleGoa

I wonder if his form had anything with his missus being pregnant with their third child? Since he has had the kid his form has seen an upsurge! Either way it is good he is coming into form!

Status
Not open for further replies.