Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, Wayne Rooney terminating long term contract for one with lower wages is clearly something that seems believable.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It's just a hypothetical about him attracting other clubs.

IF he was put on transfer list, and IF he was ok with the move. He would attract a lot of clubs, and he would adjust his salary demands.

He wont go, of course. :cool:

Bwuk

It's just a hypothetical about him attracting other clubs.

IF he was put on transfer list, and IF he was ok with the move. He would attract a lot of clubs, and he would adjust his salary demands.

He wont go, of course. :cool:
Some team in China would. No other team in the premier league would because there is zero chance he'd lower his salary demands.

WhoDaGOAT

He's like a bad virus that won't go away.

He's done well so far this calendar year. But in the long term, his current form is more damaging than the potential points it brings. He's likely going to earn another season here after his recent displays, which once again means that club won't be able to truly rebuild while he remains an ever present.

I think Mourinho will use him, especially because of his experience. I'm hoping he won't take any bullshit though. He's the type of manager who will drop him if he plays like he has for the majority of the season. There won't be any privileges with him, I'm hoping.

Rooney would benefit the most out of everyone if we brought in a world class striker for him to play second fiddle to. It would take a lot of pressure off him. There wouldn't be as many eyes fixed on him with another high profile player around.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When is his contract up?

I'm glad that he is playing better, but he is on the decline. Unless there is a club out there willing to accept his massive wages right now, all we can do is wait until his contract is up. If he accepts a smaller salary and role going forward, I don't mind him staying, but otherwise, it's thanks a bunch for the years of service, and see you later. No hard feelings.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Some team in China would. No other team in the premier league would because there is zero chance he'd lower his salary demands.
Zero chance...I mean, how would you know something like that?

Then again, I say the opposite, and know not that for sure, so carry on.

Hyptotheticals are boring. :x

Smores

Only Chelsea tried to sign him then. If he was on the transfer market, we'd get a lot more offers.

And yeah, he wouldn't attract record fees, but certainly a lot of clubs would be interested, even now. And especially now, as he's in pretty good form.
Not a chance any of the top clubs would be interested. He should go to China whilst he still has the name to cash out for a year and them go play MLS.

I find it funny people downplay the likes of Vardy etc as not good enough for a top club and then defend Rooney because he scores a few goals recently. Just shows people will go on name over anything else.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
As it'll happen at the end of his current contract, it's almost a certainty.

Who he threw under the bus btw? What are you referencing there?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I find it funny people downplay the likes of Vardy etc as not good enough for a top club and then defend Rooney because he scores a few goals recently. Just shows people will go on name over anything else.
The problem that a lot of people have with Vardy on here, apart from his age, is when he took us apart last season.
He got a lot of vitriol from our fans that day, even though Vardy was merely doing his job (ie. beat us).
This season he is going from strength to strength and due to the way he plays (his movement, power, pace, accuracy, determination, grit) - I've not seen this quality in an English striker, since Rooney was in his prime.

The issue with Rooney is that how long can he keep scoring goals? Is this his final purple patch or will he continue scoring goals.
To compare:
Rooney: 7 league goals this season
Vardy: 18 league goals this season

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
As it'll happen at the end of his current contract, it's almost a certainty.

Who he threw under the bus btw? What are you referencing there?
At the end of his contract would not be giving up the millions it would by taking a pay cut and moving before it runs out, thats what he wont do. And I think it was John o'shea said in his book that after Rooney wanted to leave "because of a lack of ambition by the club", IE, my teammates are shit so get me some better ones or Im off, he strolled into training and said it was purely an exercise to get a wage hike. Thats who he threw under the bus.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
This would be quite lame. If you ever get across the quotes about that, would appreciate it!
Ive been looking since I posted it but cant find any, Im certain Ive read it but then my memory isnt my best feature, hopefully anyone else who remembers it can find it

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It was a quote from O'Shea in United's official book of that season(!)

psychdelicblues

"It transpired it was just an interesting technique of getting a new deal," O'Shea said. "I think Wayne, if he could turn back the clock, might do things a bit differently, but both parties were happy in the end.

"He came [into the Carrington dressing room after signing his new deal] and apologised to everyone. He said he'd done what he had to do, basically, and he was sorry if he had offended anybody. Obviously there were a few comments that will stay in the dressing room. They were quite smart and funny, but all friendly."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jun/30/david-gill-fa-manchester-united

dave2528

Thank god the dressing room couldn't or didn't read the pinings of some of the United faithful on here at the time that Rooney and his shit agent decided to call into question the wisdom of us replacing Cristiano Ronaldo with Antonio Valencia.

Sunderland 2:1 Man Utd

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Could very easily have been sent off for the raking challenge on Cattermole's Achilles tendon. Let alone the clear penalty he should have given away too for a second yellow.

Thankfully the ref is being extremely kind to him (& us).

m1y2

the day he fecks off from this football club will be one of the best days in my life, back to his worst. Give Will a chance!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I've defended him for a while, but today's the day it's finally snapped for me.

fecking hell this is a terrible performance. Can't even control the ball ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.