Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Bellic

Prick
You are making it sound like he is showing to be a good goalscorer at the moment who will score 25. You must have forgotten that he didn't score one goal in first five games of PL this season playing as a striker.
That was in response to the poster who predicted him to score 25 goals in 45 games based on his current ratio, which i agree with. I expect Rooney to pick up form as the year progresses and ultimately start scoring goals again as well as putting in decent performances, but, if he isn't capable of putting up above average performances - as 99% of the posters on this forum have suggested, then i would gladly take 25 goals from him, which is still possible, as he already has 5 goals in the first 2 months of the season, and he already seems to be improving.

I have quite frankly heard and seen it all. 'Club Brugge', 'shite team', '50 of their top players were out', 'Ipswich','tea cup','Kyle Walker own goal' 'only one league goal' etc. The fact still remains that he at least has been able to score 5 goals without penalties, so we can afford to look on the bright side (which is something, most were willing to do for the manager, a few weeks ago, but strangely not for our captain).

Ronaldo has only scored in one league match this season(out of 6), albeit 5 goals. :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I have quite frankly heard and seen it all.
Then you'll know that for every "He's a fat twat with Brillo Pad hair" post, there's an equal "How dare you disrespect Our Wayne - he's sacrificed his children to play for United" one.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Then you'll know that for every "He's a fat twat with Brillo Pad hair" post, there's an equal "How dare you disrespect Our Wayne - he's sacrificed his children to play for United" one.
That is simply not true. Not on this forum anyway.

Roman Bellic

Prick
If you think his record so far is good and you don't care if his goals were against shit opponents then there isn't really much left to discuss.
No. That is you putting words in my mouth, as far as his record is concerned.

As for the goals against shite opponents, i clearly said

I have quite frankly heard and seen it all. 'Club Brugge', 'shite team', '50 of their top players were out', 'Ipswich','tea cup','Kyle Walker own goal' 'only one league goal' etc. The fact still remains that he at least has been able to score 5 goals without penalties, so we can afford to look on the bright side (which is something, most were willing to do for the manager, a few weeks ago, but strangely not for our captain).
Nowhere in my post, have i praised Rooney for being a top striker this season, nor have i claimed he has scored against top teams, i am simply glad he has at least managed to score 5 goals this season, and hopeful about the future. We can go on and on about the quality of teams he has scored against, but the fact still remains that he has still managed to score, and his performances seem to have improved.

He has had some awful performances this season, but that is already a well known fact. He has failed to score against top teams, also another well known fact. And those are facts that have been stated times without number in this thread, other threads relating to Rooney, my grandma's house, pubs around the world, churches, schools,offices etc.

So, why is there a sudden need to pounce on every post that focuses on certain positives (thankfully, there are 1 or 2) and lambaste every positive prediction?

Roman Bellic

Prick
Only recently, perhaps.
This has been the case for a while now. And i understand the frustrations of certain posters, when it comes to his performances.

Just don't get the shitting on optimism bit, like the crying is going to stop him from starting.

acnumber9

Don't see much wrong in that to be honest. Which is exactly my point, he'll show no loyalty when he feels he has outgrown us and now us fans show no loyalty when we feel we have outgrown him. Where's the problem is this?
The problem is how shit he's playing. Nobody is complaining about loyalty at the moment. He'd probably be cut more slack when he's not playing well had he not acted the dick in the past.

keener

Think back to when Wayne was excelling, playing fast and attacking. In most of his goals, we had wings that would support the center striker and/or we had a counter attacking style. We had Nani, Young, Valencia and even Ronaldo sending balls into and across the box. Or we had Giggs and the such providing him long balls to run past defenders (like Ipswich), Watch Wayne's highlight reel. You see his movements are fantastic near the 6 yard box but to be effective, he needs supply from out wide or someone to break down the opponent .

Who has done that for us this season? Okay, Memphis can break down a defender ... but when he does, he takes a 25 yard shot outside the box.

I would like to see more diagonal runs from Wayne especially when Juan has the ball, but otherwise, his lack of "goal scoring form" can be well understood... we're not providing service.

One perfect example of this is, look at Robert Lewandowski. Last season he has 17 goals, pretty productive by almost everyone's standards. HOWEVER, Ribery and Robben get hurt early this season and in comes Coman and Costa whom are willing to use pace and skill to beat the wide defenders and cross to the #9. And LOOK at his results since Ribery and Robben's injuries. 10 goals in 3 games. There is plenty written on Lewandowski's scoring and the reasons for it and I believe this generally applies to Wayne as well.

Seriously, watch the highlight reel in this thread and see how he's scoring many of his goals. IMO, he still has the ability to score as he has in the past and I dare say it....., drop him into Bayern and he'd be finding the net on a very high pace right now as well... But have cut in wings and see that production drop significantly.

I know, it's not popular to say anything kind about Wayne Rooney around here.... But I for one am still a supporter and a believer that he's not just gone to crap. We as a club have changed style and philosophy and to heap this onto his shoulders is simply narrow minded and reeking of an anti-Wayne agenda.

Look, I hate that he ever wanted to consider leaving the club too.... but I'm not going to let that cause me to miss out on enjoying him while we still have him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The problem is how shit he's playing. Nobody is complaining about loyalty at the moment. He'd probably be cut more slack when he's not playing well had he not acted the dick in the past.
No need to be mad at him (not that I care, just don't see the point). His level of play has been shit, but not for lack of trying. That he is in the team is down to LVG's insistence on not playing Herrara as the no 10, for one reason or another.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think back to when Wayne was excelling, playing fast and attacking. In most of his goals, we had wings that would support the center striker and/or we had a counter attacking style. We had Nani, Young, Valencia and even Ronaldo sending balls into and across the box. Or we had Giggs and the such providing him long balls to run past defenders (like Ipswich), Watch Wayne's highlight reel. You see his movements are fantastic near the 6 yard box but to be effective, he needs supply from out wide or someone to break down the opponent .

Who has done that for us this season? Okay, Memphis can break down a defender ... but when he does, he takes a 25 yard shot outside the box.

I would like to see more diagonal runs from Wayne especially when Juan has the ball, but otherwise, his lack of "goal scoring form" can be well understood... we're not providing service.

One perfect example of this is, look at Robert Lewandowski. Last season he has 17 goals, pretty productive by almost everyone's standards. HOWEVER, Ribery and Robben get hurt early this season and in comes Coman and Costa whom are willing to use pace and skill to beat the wide defenders and cross to the #9. And LOOK at his results since Ribery and Robben's injuries. 10 goals in 3 games. There is plenty written on Lewandowski's scoring and the reasons for it and I believe this generally applies to Wayne as well.

Seriously, watch the highlight reel in this thread and see how he's scoring many of his goals. IMO, he still has the ability to score as he has in the past and I dare say it....., drop him into Bayern and he'd be finding the net on a very high pace right now as well... But have cut in wings and see that production drop significantly.

I know, it's not popular to say anything kind about Wayne Rooney around here.... But I for one am still a supporter and a believer that he's not just gone to crap. We as a club have changed style and philosophy and to heap this onto his shoulders is simply narrow minded and reeking of an anti-Wayne agenda.

Look, I hate that he ever wanted to consider leaving the club too.... but I'm not going to let that cause me to miss out on enjoying him while we still have him.
That's great and everything, but if he doesn't fit this managers playing style why should be play?. Others have come into the team and done just fine. Anyway it's not just service, he is clearly lacking in many other areas that he used to be just fine in.

keener

Last season: 12 goals and 5 assists as mostly a midfielder in 33 games in the Premier League, 23 goals and 8 assists in all competitions including for England.

"Others have come in and done just fine?" Who would that be? Martial? A bit early to conclude that isn't it? Maybe he will and surely I hope he's a long term answer up top for us AND frankly I like Wayne in the 10 spot just behind him anyway but nobody has been prolific in the 9 hole since we were playing more aggressively with RVP and Wayne up top 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Of course all this is my humble and non popular opinion. I simply think there's more to it than Wayne losing a step or losing that edge and I think LVG agrees with me (although he's not called me yet to discuss).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Last season: 12 goals and 5 assists as mostly a midfielder in 33 games in the Premier League, 23 goals and 8 assists in all competitions including for England.

"Others have come in and done just fine?" Who would that be? Martial? A bit early to conclude that isn't it? Maybe he will and surely I hope he's a long term answer up top for us AND frankly I like Wayne in the 10 spot just behind him anyway but nobody has been prolific in the 9 hole since we were playing more aggressively with RVP and Wayne up top 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Of course all this is my humble and non popular opinion. I simply think there's more to it than Wayne losing a step or losing that edge and I think LVG agrees with me (although he's not called me yet to discuss).
He wanted to be a number 9, but I think he's realised himself he's done as a line leading striker. He's always player better with a pacey striker IMO, as it helps him use his mental skills. Lately though his movement in the box and around it has been very poor, and his lack of agility/acceleration in tight areas shows out massively. The fact he hadn't had a shot in 5 games or so is very very poor.

He's not completely finished but he's certainly not the player he used to be. I'm just not sure how long we can persist with carrying him if he plays poorly. Atleast he's bucked his ideas up a bit in the last 2 games, hopefully that continues tonight.

NessunDorma

Here's one for you then, lads.

Despite Wayne Rooney being the worst striker in the Premier League, not even good enough for Leicester City, he is currently on the same number of club goals as Diego Costa, Harry Kane and Sergio Aguero combined.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Here's one for you then, lads.

Despite Wayne Rooney being the worst striker in the Premier League, not even good enough for Leicester City, he is currently on the same number of club goals as Diego Costa, Harry Kane and Sergio Aguero combined.
He also scored more PL than Messi and Ronaldo combined. Get in!

Minimalist

If I'm being fair so far he's had a mixed game but there's no doubt that he slows our attacking play down and his first touch is atrocious as usual. It's just frustrating to watch when a better player could be complimenting our other attackers better.

El Zoido

He's really poor and it's becoming a problem. No other player would be able to get away with being so bad so often.

ottosec

Take him of and put Pereira on. Let's play with 11 players for a change.

CG1010

Our worst player on the pitch by far. He is neither helping us defensively nor offensively. Really need a replacement for him at the moment.

dasty

Martial served it on a plate for him and he still manages to feck it up real bad. Ugh.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's a weak link.

There should be no place for him in our team nowadays especially when Ander is fit.

Ander is 10x the player Rooney is at 10

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't get the OTT hate again. He's showed some nice touches and amazing passes, mixed with a very bad miss and a couple of misplaced passes.
He's been shit yet again. Game just passes him by game after game.

Sam

The thing is, was anyone even that surprised with the miss?

bubbles_

How many times must we all come in here at HT to say he shouldn't be playing? Considering how LVG has lacked sentimentality in getting rid of players, I can only assume it must be in his contract that he has to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.