Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He is an absolute nothing player these days, at this level. I can't really remember a United player who had a similar fall from grace, at such a relatively early stage.

It's an absolute travesty watching this current version of Wayne Rooney, the footballer, as he bears no resemblance with the Wayne Rooney who showed up as a teenager and was one of the indisputable leaders of our team for about a decade, at a time when we roughed it out with the very best.

A 22 year old Wayne Rooney is just what our team needs right now. The fire, the fight, the strength and the pure will to score goals and win football matches. Instead, we have this guy. It's just sad.
You'd struggle to come up with similar examples at any other club. Not without desperate injury problems anyway (which rules out Torres, Owen etc.)

Maybe Shevchenko?

red4ever 79

Cant think of any Utd players that declined so rapidly. I am convinced there is truth behind how he looks after himself away from football, meaning his lifestyle. Rumours surfaced again that after playing 90 mins against Burnley he celebrated by downing pints of stella until 3am. I cannot imagine the likes of Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard taking care of themselves like this when they got the wrong side of 30. I am not a doctor but cant be the way for an elite sportsmen to be looking after themselves.

I think he will be gone in the summer. He is our version of Arsene Wenger. Given us great service over the years, but it is finished now and their needs to be an amicable parting of the ways. Cant pay a guy 300k p/w to spray passes to the right

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He was really good in the first half and even though Swansea were controlling a lot of the ball I thought he linked up with Martial and was giving him the time and space to run. He almost played Rashford through a couple of times as well and it will take time to adjust to the all-round system of having a striker who will play short as well as run in behind in Zlatan's absence. Everyone just looks tired as hell and the attack as a whole had a couple of sloppy moments but I am glad he stepped up and slotted that penalty. What a shame that Martial got in the way of that finish just after the break as well, that would have been a well-crafted goal and Rooney's bread and butter move arriving on the spot to lash home after good build up and wide play. Rotten luck that Martial happened to get in the road of what would have been a perfect finish. If he's going play at the #10 then we need to be playing to that square ball a lot more, Valencia had two instances where a square 12 yard ball would have found an unmarked Rooney in the box but one of them he smashed bizarrely at the keeper (with 5 of our players in the box ffs) and the other he tried to stop-and-go back around the fullback which was absolutely the wrong move and lost the ball. Some of those attacking kinks need to be ironed out down the stretch if we're to get anything out of the season, we've got to find easy ways to score goals with Zlatan out.

What I was impressed by was when Bailly came off he stabilized us and he dropped in deeper to help out Carrick but then he undid it with the brain-fart for the equalizer. I understand the desperation but we've had several shockers this season from several of our players so you would have to hope that he learns from this and we just move forward and try to rectify these silly mistakes.

All in all it was another promising outing. I'd rest him against Celta trip for the Arsenal game. I think there might be another goal in him if we can play well against them.
Hopefully this is the post that stops people taking you seriously as a poster.

It's up there with Santiago KinderBueno's claim that Van Gaal was the reason for Spain and Germany's world cup win because of his stints at Barca and Bayern respectively.

Even though it's annoying, I'd rather you are wumming than actually believe what you have just typed. That is even worse.

Litch

I know he's not played much football but I'm absolutely shocked by the obvious decline of Rooney. I know this was incrementally happening each season but if you removed the name of the shirt, you'd have to say he'd struggle to get into a prem side or even a top Championship side. Sad really....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was really good in the first half and even though Swansea were controlling a lot of the ball I thought he linked up with Martial and was giving him the time and space to run. He almost played Rashford through a couple of times as well and it will take time to adjust to the all-round system of having a striker who will play short as well as run in behind in Zlatan's absence. Everyone just looks tired as hell and the attack as a whole had a couple of sloppy moments but I am glad he stepped up and slotted that penalty. What a shame that Martial got in the way of that finish just after the break as well, that would have been a well-crafted goal and Rooney's bread and butter move arriving on the spot to lash home after good build up and wide play. Rotten luck that Martial happened to get in the road of what would have been a perfect finish. If he's going play at the #10 then we need to be playing to that square ball a lot more, Valencia had two instances where a square 12 yard ball would have found an unmarked Rooney in the box but one of them he smashed bizarrely at the keeper (with 5 of our players in the box ffs) and the other he tried to stop-and-go back around the fullback which was absolutely the wrong move and lost the ball. Some of those attacking kinks need to be ironed out down the stretch if we're to get anything out of the season, we've got to find easy ways to score goals with Zlatan out.

What I was impressed by was when Bailly came off he stabilized us and he dropped in deeper to help out Carrick but then he undid it with the brain-fart for the equalizer. I understand the desperation but we've had several shockers this season from several of our players so you would have to hope that he learns from this and we just move forward and try to rectify these silly mistakes.

All in all it was another promising outing. I'd rest him against Celta trip for the Arsenal game. I think there might be another goal in him if we can play well against them.
Was waiting for your spin.

Adisa

I can't even bother to be angry anymore. I take solace in the fact that I know he's off.

iportman

Goodbye Wayne, thanks for the memories.

The people that keep Wayne Rooney in the squad including the manager have a lot to answer for . That physically/mentally unfit clown cost us the 3 points today and most likely a top 4 position . Why was /is he treated so differently than Scheinstiger who no doubt would have added a lot more today if he was still at the club . We will not be playing champions league next season and will not attract the world class players so badly needed , that is down to Mourinio and the corporates ,Thoset are he people that make the stupid decisions like using Rooney or paying Birmingham city standard players like Lingard 100k per week . We need
Agreed, I feel like he wants to end his career on a high, but the abuse on the body is taking its toll.
He should been think about that when he was hanging around the pubs /chip shops /whore houses when he was 25 . Its very sad to see a player younger than ronaldo , messi and zlatan reduced to walking football . Did Sir Alex or the club not try to get him to sort out his life or was it a task no one could achieve . Hopefully as his career ends he does not spiral out of control like Gasgoine .

G-manc

Drops deep to the half way line and sprays a pass out wide to Valencia - repeat.

How can pundits still stick up for him?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The people that keep Wayne Rooney in the squad including the manager have a lot to answer for . That physically/mentally unfit clown cost us the 3 points today and most likely a top 4 position . Why was /is he treated so differently than Scheinstiger who no doubt would have added a lot more today if he was still at the club . We will not be playing champions league next season and will not attract the world class players so badly needed , that is down to Mourinio and the corporates ,Thoset are he people that make the stupid decisions like using Rooney or paying Birmingham city standard players like Lingard 100k per week .
You really don't know the answer to that question? Seriously?

Art Vandelay

Hopefully this is the post that stops people taking you seriously as a poster.

It's up there with Santiago KinderBueno's claim that Van Gaal was the reason for Spain and Germany's world cup win because of his stints at Barca and Bayern respectively.

Even though it's annoying, I'd rather you are wumming than actually believe what you have just typed. That is even worse.
It's taken you this long to stop taking him serious? It's fairly obvious he's that Perrick Dubois guy that got banned from the way he keeps calling anyone that doesn't agree with his warped perspective an attention seeker.

As much as yesterday should be the final straw and Rooney never gets to set foot on the pitch for us again, it won't be. He'll still play most of the rest of our games. He's effectively back up to Fellaini at this point and that idiot's left the door wide open for him to start the rest of the league matches.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It's taken you this long to stop taking him serious? It's fairly obvious he's that Perrick Dubois guy that got banned from the way he keeps calling anyone that doesn't agree with his warped perspective an attention seeker.

As much as yesterday should be the final straw and Rooney never gets to set foot on the pitch for us again, it won't be. He'll still play most of the rest of our games. He's effectively back up to Fellaini at this point and that idiot's left the door wide open for him to start the rest of the league matches.
Thought I hadnt seen him around :lol:

Alabaster Codify7

Can't wait for this season to be over for several reasons but a major one is seeing the back of Wayne. I long for the day when he isn't in the squad and the pundits can't insinuate that Man Utd have a world-class, game-changing player on the bench who is mysteriously being frozen out when his clinical finishing and British bulldog spirit is just what they need.

The man is a non-entity now, looking forward to his exit.

Seanus

Are you his agent or wife?

AndyJ1985

I'm not angry at the pundits who still rave about their golden boy Wayne. They're idiots and it's to be expected. But it does annoy me how no one ever pulls them up on it. Swap Linekar with Jeremy Paxman so we have someone with a spine who won't put up with the nonsense they come out with.

Name Changed

weso26
Rooney was absolutely terrible. He may be capable of an odd decent performance but he is finished. He has never been the brightest spark, but to foul yesterday in that position was absolutely retarded, probably more retarded than Fellaini v Aguero. Giving Gyfli that free kick was as bad as giving away a penalty. Stupid decision. As soon as that was given I didn't even watch. I knew it was a goal. fecking stupid.

Adisa

[

What a fall from grace.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

In my defense I thought he was genuine in posts. I thought they were nonsensical views but is beyond any doubt now.

Never took notice of that Perrick guy and this one will probably go the same way so it's no use bothering with him too.

As for Rooney, Jose will probably not take him to Spain and he hates losing against Arsenal so that might help keep him out of the squads. Mata being back helps too.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You really don't know the answer to that question? Seriously?
Not that I want to defend Rooney but I couldn't grasp the fascination with Schweinsteiger either. It was tedious.

He was shit yesterday, not even talking about that idiotic foul, just overall he was poor.

Ixion

I imagine he'll just start once more for us, the final league game at home to Palace (I assume we won't be able to make top 4 by then and it'll be a dead rubber). He'll get taken off after an hour to a massive applause and that'll be that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I imagine he'll just start once more for us, the final league game at home to Palace (I assume we won't be able to make top 4 by then and it'll be a dead rubber). He'll get taken off after an hour to a massive applause and that'll be that.
Just think, Moyes total transfer business that summer was Fellaini and handing Rooney that crippling contract. Genius.

El Zoido

He's been finished as a top level footballer for a long time. The entire media's insistence that he's still an elite player is one of the most baffling things I've ever witnessed in this sport.

Borden

He's been finished as a top level footballer for a long time. The entire media's insistence that he's still an elite player is one of the most baffling things I've ever witnessed in this sport.
Me too. I just don't understand it. He's been utter shite for years, it's obvious to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes, and yet there seems to be an endless supply of Comical Ali's out there to tell us he's still great.

I'm most annoyed by our former players who are putting their mate ahead of the good of the club when they spout their nonsense.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Manchester Evening News don't want him starting ever again and said we basically played with 10 men with him on the pitch.

Ixion

The thing that really annoyed me was the bizarre narrative that it was inevitable he'd become a midfielder and become the new Scholes. Creating a new position for him to hide that his legs had gone and was no longer a goal threat. I'm glad Jose knocked that on the head as soon as he arrived.

psychdelicblues

Stopped reading there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Didn't see the game yesterday. I take it he churned out his usual hapless performance. I kind of feel bad for him because it's clear he does try. It's akin to me trying to get my todger to work when I've had way too much to drink. Just give it up, Wayne.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Didn't see the thread yesterday. I take it he churned out his usual hapless performance. I kind of feel bad for him because it's clear he does try. It's akin to me trying to get my todger to work when I've had way too much to drink. Just give it up, Ashley R1+0.
FTFY.

Art Vandelay

Didn't see the game yesterday. I take it he churned out his usual hapless performance. I kind of feel bad for him because it's clear he does try. It's akin to me trying to get my todger to work when I've had way too much to drink. Just give it up, Wayne.
Did absolutely nothing. May as well have not even been on. Then he scored a penalty. After which he went back to doing nothing for a while before needlessly giving away a freekick right in Sigurdsson territory. It really can't be emphasised enough how stupid the freekick he gave away was. Just a completely pointless performance devoid of any sort of guile, footballing intelligence, any hint of experience or physical ability. He offered absolutely feck all.

On the subject of the media refusing to criticise him, I could swear I saw an article last night that blamed Martial for costing him a second goal.

AlwaysRed66

Did absolutely nothing. May as well have not even been on. Then he scored a penalty. After which he went back to doing nothing for a while before needlessly giving away a freekick right in Sigurdsson territory. It really can't be emphasised enough how stupid the freekick he gave away was. Just a completely pointless performance devoid of any sort of guile, footballing intelligence, any hint of experience or physical ability. He offered absolutely feck all.

On the subject of the media refusing to criticise him, I could swear I saw an article last night that blamed Martial for costing him a second goal.
Are you sure you are not mixing up reading those comments on these boards, where they are plenty.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Don't know about others but I've not really called anyone out for having an agenda in a while. When he got undeserved and OTT criticism, I defended him. Right now he's done and while I wished he'd get some more respect, that's something I've long given up on from our fans. Right now he doesn't deserve to be anywhere close to the squad and I won't argue otherwise. If he sticks around, good enough but I think it's not going to happen anymore. It's a shame watching him struggle to perform these days.
So when people got it right years ago you called then agenda driven, and now that you finally see what we all see you're the enlighten one?

Dobbs

So when people got it right years ago you called then agenda driven, and now that you finally see what we all see you're the enlighten one?
It was only months ago posters were being called agenda driven by wr8 for holding the exact same opinion he does now.

I've asked @wr8_utd if maybe it's time to admit they weren't haters but just saw it before he did. No reply as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.