Westminster Politics

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm honestly not picking on him because I dislike his politics & personality but his frequent mumbling/talking to himself makes me wonder about his mental health. Is it early-stage... something?*

*I don't know enough about conditions like dementia & others to be precise.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Boris' campaign is reminding me a lot of the Tory 2017 one so far.

im pretty sure they will just spin brexitcast off into a weekly politics show and that will keep her busy for the next decade or so
It's replacing This Week.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
:lol:

Unbelievable. He's blatantly talking whatever crap comes into his head that he thinks sounds impressive.

'I get old...uhm...I don't know...wooden crates?' :lol: you can almost hear his inner monologue going 'hmm yeah big fecking wooden crates that sounds good and down to earth, the public will love this'.

I'm willing to bet he has never made a model bus in his entire life. Look at him. He doesn't even have the attention span to be able to sit down in a barber's chair for any longer than five minutes.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Boris' campaign is reminding me a lot of the Tory 2017 one so far.
Aye, a shocking amount of presumption from his camp that he's got it in the bag and doesn't need to do anything at all, which has allowed Hunt to go on the offensive, albeit a very tacit offensive from someone who simultaneously wants a major cabinet position should he lose.

Said it before but Hunt's a weird one. He's devoid of any political charisma and he was maligned as HS but he managed to blunder his way into a bigger office and could still yet end up in the top office. Somehow he's managed to not alienate any wing of the party completely. Even if he's a bit rubbish he's quite a somewhat skilled operator insofar as internal party matters are concerned. Or maybe he's lucky as feck and I'm giving him too much credit.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm honestly not picking on him because I dislike his politics & personality but his frequent mumbling/talking to himself makes me wonder about his mental health. Is it early-stage... something?*

Always been a bit like that, I genuinely think it's mostly just a mixture of the persona he likes to play and his general incompetence.

Smores

I think it's just late stage posh

hobbers

Amazing how you can track his mind working and the gears turning...

Err think of something normal and inoffensive: PAINT. (Mention being mayor of london)
Shit feck what do i paint? BUSES. Shit no I dont paint actual buses.
I MAKE THINGS. Oh for feck sake now I'm really in the shit. (Mention being mayor of london)
I MAKE BUSES. What do I make them out of you ask? feck sake I want some wine. WINE BOTTLES, NO WAIT: THE THINGS WINE BOTTLES COME IN. (segue into environment policies)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just caught up with both Hunt and Boris' interview with Kuensssberg. It is like they both don't understand what is going on. Both are in their own version of fantasy land.

Ubik

Not bad from whoever's in control of his twitter

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Saw that this morning, very funny. Although I have since been persuaded that Johnson deliberately gave a nonsensical answer to get people talking about that rather than issues that actually matter. The 'dead cat' method, as he's previously labelled it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

feck.

Also - https://parall.ax/blog/view/3301/boris-johnson-the-unlikely-seo-strategist

On the 20th June, if you typed in the term ‘boris bus’ into Google, you would have been supplied with news stories, tweets and articles on Boris Johnson’s Routemaster buses. If you look at the first list of URLS below, you’ll see four of the six ranking articles for this key term are unsavoury articles about the failure of his buses.

Now take a look above at the second set of URLS and see what you get today. Three top stories with his name and the phrase ‘model buses’, three Tweets mentioning ‘model buses’ and his name, and then four organic search results, two of which are about him and ‘model buses’. This is only one day in too – remember, search is a long game, not a short game.

If you look at Google clickthrough stats, the top three positions have CTRs from nearly 30% in first position to 10% in third position. In the lower positions of 9 to 10, CTR has fallen to a sub 2%, according to Smart Insights. Mentions from so many high tier publications with hefty domain authorities are pushing down ‘Routemaster bus’ related articles and replacing them with articles about Boris making… model buses.

Not only has Boris used his infamous ‘dead cat strategy’ to move the conversation away from him and Carrie Symonds and his plans for Brexit, he’s managed to push down his past mistakes on Google, too – making it more difficult for people to get a quick snapshot of relevant information. He’s not just controlling the narrative here – he’s practically rewriting it. And judged by the standards of an SEO campaign, it’s hard to describe it as anything other than a resounding success.

Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It might remove it from the suggested search results but surely people won't so easily forget the £350m for the NHS lie.

Ubik

Lynton Crosby has definitely played people, but mainly by making normally rational people think he's some kind of Machiavellian genius rather than a guy that just knows how to play dogwhistle politics very well.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'm now convinced it was indeed a masterstroke. We've been played.
To see the new results you have to have typed 'Boris Johnson Bus' into Google. If you didn't already know anything about the £350m bus thing, why would you do that in the first place?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To see the new results you have to have typed 'Boris Johnson Bus' into Google. If you didn't already know anything about the £350m bus thing, why would you do that in the first place?
Yeah that’s what I thought.

“Holy feck, I just happened to type ‘Boris Bus’ into Google and... well you need to take a look at this... he promised £350m a week to the NHS... I’m speechless”

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Anyone know what this is about?
Boris doesn’t want the job. Absolutely convinced of it. Why would he? Whatever outcome will absolutely ruin him politically.

His plan all along was to be the one to pick up the prices from whoever makes a mess of getting it over the line.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Boris doesn’t want the job. Absolutely convinced of it. Why would he? Whatever outcome will absolutely ruin him politically.

His plan all along was to be the one to pick up the prices from whoever makes a mess of getting it over the line.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
very much so

Given that Sophie writes for the Guardian i think its pretty likely if she had any info it would be in the public domain double quick time
Or she’s part of a discussion but isn’t able to source and verify the information before running with it, hence why she’s fishing.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Or she’s part of a discussion but isn’t able to source and verify the information before running with it, hence why she’s fishing.
If they have not managed to varify information in 4 days I'd be tempted to think there is nothing there to verify given how much effor they would be likley to be putting into something like that in the middle of an election
that said its boris so im not sure what the hell could come out that would convince poeple he is unsuitable for office if the last 20 years or so hasnt convinced them of that