Westminster Politics

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm surprised people don't seem to know about the assault thing, been common knowledge for decades. His supporters just don't/won't care. He was either goaded into it, it's been exaggerated, it's proof he's a cool maverick, or past mistakes shouldn't detract from where we are now etc.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Ok I want us all to make a bit of money out of this fiasco, so @sun_tzu @Sassy Colin as our resident Tories (or as close as we have?) do you expect Boris to Win and what do you think his overall vote percentage will be?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Ok I want us all to make a bit of money out of this fiasco, so @sun_tzu @Sassy Colin as our resident Tories (or as close as we have?) do you expect Boris to Win and what do you think his overall vote percentage will be?
I was a member of the labour party till fairly recently but meh
I think Boris will win but at 1/7 on I don't think it's worth backing him
I'd guess about 65%-70% of the vote but honestly I wouldn't bet on anything with Boris as between now and the result he could totally gash it up and might end up just scraping home depending on the gaffes he makes

Next chancellor odds are more interesting I think
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-chancellor

I'd stick some money on saaj and some on mogg

Rumours are Johnson might give it saaj but I wouldn't rule mogg out as an early backer of the Johnson campaign... He must have been promiced something

Put 2/3 on saj and 1/3 on mogg

Say 100 on Saj and 50 on mogg
450 back if mogg gets it
275 if saaj gets it

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Saaj is bleedin obvious given his financial (if dodgy) background. Mogg for foreign sec.
Mogg has a pretty strong finance background as well... Plus he was one the very first prominent public backers bringing a chunk of the erg with him... For sure he has been promiced something I think.

I wonder if he will try and give gove the Northern Ireland job because he feking hates him and it's payback as its going to go to shit with a Hard brexit Gove spoke about having such good realtionahips with all sides over there during the leadership contest

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Will Mark Francois get a big job? A giant shit on his head would be my choice, but I mean summat in the cabinet.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Mogg has a pretty strong finance background as well... Plus he was one the very first prominent public backers bringing a chunk of the erg with him... For sure he has been promiced something I think.

I wonder if he will try and give gove the Northern Ireland job because he feking hates him and it's payback as its going to go to shit with a Hard brexit Gove spoke about having such good realtionahips with all sides over there during the leadership contest
Mogg does have a finance background, but as you say I think he is in more of a position to choose than Saj, and he'd go for Foreign sec.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Will Mark Francois get a big job? A giant shit on his head would be my choice, but I mean summat in the cabinet.
Hard to know but under Johnson I suspect a lot of brexiteers will be in prominent roles
Probably not Davies as he didn't run due to family issues...
I could see somebody batshit crazy about brexit as brexit secretary... Francois possibly maybe raab or even Esther mcvey
Treasury... Mogg or saaj
Foreign... Hunt if he plays nice in the election or mogg
International development... Francois / raab... Somebody brexity
Home... Perhaps ids or somebody like that
Health...hunt if he does not play nice possibly hancock
Ireland... Gove because he still hates him and it's going to be a difficult job with hard brexit etc
feck me it's gonna be bad

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Boris said:
“I would rather than confiding in this archaic device to get this thing done at my own behest, I would rather confide in the maturity of common sense of parliamentarians, all of whom are now staring down the barrel of public distrust.”
It amazes me sometimes that the best schools and universities that money can buy manage to deliver people who form sentences like this one. And then they probably become the next prime minister..

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Boris to scrape home, vote of no confidence within 4 months, Corbyn gets ousted and Tom Watson becomes Prime Minister. Second referendum and we remain.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Twitter is awash with rumours that Bojo boned Bip Ling (which is pleasingly alliterative, if nothing else) Bip Ling is some kind of influencer, who I think sings on that (terrible) song.
Oh, she actually looked alright when I googled her. Politics an power really are aphrodisiacs if he can get so much and even Prescott and Robin Cook got a bit of action.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Boris to scrape home, vote of no confidence within 4 months, Corbyn gets ousted and Tom Watson becomes Prime Minister. Second referendum and we remain.
Hi Mr Watson, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the weight loss too.