Westminster Politics

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Little & Large are as bad as they were the first time 'round.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Forgot this was on. Seems like I am lucky to miss it. Why bother with something that will boil your piss?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Universal Credit has 'teething problems', i.e. people are fecking dying.
It's a simple error that is being rectified, nothing to be worried about.

Meanwhile, definitely somewhere in the country. "THIS IS A LETTER FROM THE GOVERNMENT WE'VE GIVEN YOU TOO MUCH TAX CREDITS SO GIVE US BACK THE MONEY NOW YOU SPONGING CNUTS".

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He was just being honest which is his job. Every single diplomatic cable on Trump will resemble that. The question is who leaked it and what was their motive.
Oh I agree he didn't do anything wrong, but some political correctness will now be expected.

The motive is seem clear when you consider the leaks were given to Isabel Oakeshott.

Smores

He was just being honest which is his job. Every single diplomatic cable on Trump will resemble that. The question is who leaked it and what was their motive.
To get rid of a pro-european diplomat it appears from what the telegraph and others are reporting.

Apparently supporting our membership of the EU makes one biased in their job now. We'll no doubt see others hounded out too.

nickm

Not really a surprise from a post-brexit Britain.
This is absolutely a foretaste of what it will be like to be weak and without friends on the world stage.

We used to punch above our weight... remember that phrase?

Start counting down the days until we lose our UN security council seat.

nickm

The right move at this point should have been to back him publicly while seeking his resignation, at some point in the near future, privately. Truth is, he's been royally fecked over and it's pretty disgusting to be honest. I hope he sues the feck out of everyone.

Oldyella

The right move at this point should have been to back him publicly while seeking his resignation, at some point in the near future, privately. Truth is, he's been royally fecked over and it's pretty disgusting to be honest. I hope he sues the feck out of everyone.
He was due to finish next January anyway no? This whole episode stinks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yup, we have to lick as much American ass as possible since we've turned our backs on Europe.

Yet another reason why Brexit was a fecking idiotic thing to do given Trumps in power. Sigh.
The Irony of abandoning Europe to leak the ass of a man that says "America first".

Quite clear. And looking at who it was leaked to, I can put my house on Farage and Banks being involved somehow. It's even transparent. Trump is on record saying Farage should be an intemediary during trade talks and we know back-door negotiations have already started. This is a ploy to get someone the hard brexiteers can bend in that position asap.

nickm

Brilliant times!
Once can bemoan the loss of influence of your country without it being all about Iraq, unless you are single track mind lefty, in which case everything is always tediously, relentlessly, obtusely, pointlessly always about Iraq.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Once can bemoan the loss of influence of your country without it being all about Iraq, unless you are single track mind lefty, in which case everything is always tediously, relentlessly, obtusely, pointlessly always about Iraq.
:lol: So true. The invasion of Iraq was 16 years ago. There’s been a tonne of other geopolitical issues to deal with since then. It’s crazy how fixated some people are on something so long ago. It’s similar to the way the US right is still absolutely obsessed with 9/11. The extremes of left and right seem to have more and more in common these days.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The UK was the US' bitch in 2003, and is still one today. Maybe because of different reasons but the relationship hasn't changed.

Sweet Square

Ah you've got me here. Always bringing up the wars.

We used to punch above our weight... remember that phrase?.
Just out of curiosity when was this phase ?

The extremes of left and right seem to have more and more in common these days.
Right - Muslim terrorists did 9/11, so lets banned muslims from entering the United States(Plus muslims birth rates! muslims birth rates! White genocide!) Also lets lock children up in cages.

Left - The Iraq war was bad

Pogue - See both have a lot in common.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

It amazes me that some contributors on here seem to believe they would get some serious information from the two Tory Party hopefuls in last nights debate...wake up folks its a television programme, put out at peak viewing time. Its entertainment, lots of finger waving, cutting across each other, ignoring the question master, putting forward questions that school children might have asked, I was expecting at the end that candidates would be asked what their favourite food is, and where do they like to go for their holidays.

I wonder how many of the reputed 160,000 tory members eligible to vote, were actually watching the 'knockabout' stuff served up.

There is an old saying that "we get the politicians we deserve".. that might also extend to TV programming

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
:lol: So true. The invasion of Iraq was 16 years ago. There’s been a tonne of other geopolitical issues to deal with since then. It’s crazy how fixated some people are on something so long ago. It’s similar to the way the US right is still absolutely obsessed with 9/11. The extremes of left and right seem to have more and more in common these days.
You guys are a joke. Poster 1 brings up that we used to punch above our weight in the past. Poster 2 points out what came as part of that punching. Poster 3 laughs at poster 2 for bringing up the past, to try and back poster 1 up.

Shinjch

It amazes me that some contributors on here seem to believe they would get some serious information from the two Tory Party hopefuls in last nights debate...wake up folks its a television programme, put out at peak viewing time. Its entertainment, lots of finger waving, cutting across each other, ignoring the question master, putting forward questions that school children might have asked, I was expecting at the end that candidates would be asked what their favourite food is, and where do they like to go for their holidays.

I wonder how many of the reputed 160,000 tory members eligible to vote, were actually watching the 'knockabout' stuff served up.

There is an old saying that "we get the politicians we deserve".. that might also extend to TV programming
What would the appropriate reaction to what was served up last night by the leading lights of the governing party then?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
To be honest Iraq is a great example of how a loss of influence and friends can be extremely damaging to us. We shouldn't have gone into Iraq, but who knows what we might be compelled into going into we become so dependent on the US. The US are the only country in the world who openly talk about who should they bomb next and we might end up following them to whatever situation they choose to go in.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You guys are a joke. Poster 1 brings up that we used to punch above our weight in the past. Poster 2 points out what came as part of that punching. Poster 3 laughs at poster 2 for bringing up the past, to try and back poster 1 up.
Poster 1 was bemoaning how Britain used to be a country of international influence, which is fading away thanks to the Brexit clusterfeck. The leap from that to “but Iraq” was and is laughable. The Iraq war is a tiny footnote in the history of Britain being a nation that was more influential, globally, than its population would suggest.