Westminster Politics

FireballXL5

Shows what a load of who ha this media outrage is, and a waste of everyone’s time and effort.

man drives to family home to support his wife and child.

mind you, this is such a left wing, Labour forum that this will be considered controversial.
Boy, that's what you've taken away from all this?

RK

It's like they're trying to reframe it on his mistake being that he didn't ask Boris' permission. Which seems irrelevant from my POV.

kidbob

Nah it'll play well to their base.
Oh it definitely win, I meant that I'm getting seriously sick of how so many are swayed by this tactic. It's literally believing that no right wing person in power has or can ever make a mistake.

Edit; definitely will

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Shows what a load of who ha this media outrage is, and a waste of everyone’s time and effort.

mind you, this is such a left wing, Labour forum that this will be considered controversial.
Hi Clayton, which repurposed Twitter Bot is operating you today?

Smores

I love it when you lot get triggered.

Hephaestus

It's like they're trying to reframe it on his mistake being that he didn't ask Boris' permission. Which seems irrelevant from my POV.
It absolutely is irrelevant and that's the point, try and change the issue he's being criticised for in order to make the media look petty for going after him.

arnie_ni

Going against the grain here. I believe he believes he done entirely the right thing and within the guildines in going to Durham. Im still not convinced he did, but he believes he did.

The castle story was bull though

madzo2007

250 miles and didn't stop? Him, his wife and kid must have some bladders on them.

Also if you need to drive to check your eyesight then don't frigging drive never mind with your family and driving 45mins each way from Durham to that Castle.

kidbob

Going against the grain here. I believe he believes he done entirely the right thing and within the guildines in going to Durham. Im still not convinced he did, but he believes he did.

Oh he definitely believes he done the right thing. I sincerely doubt he is capable of thinking he can do anything wrong. It's the stance that the GOP take in America too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is Prince Andrew levels of risible. They genuine believe they are that fecking smart and that we are that fecking stupid.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

What if his parent caught covid off of him would it still be the right thing.

Smores

Back to the 'if you loved your family' you'd have circumvented it too line.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jason Groves on the hit list now...

Surprisingly works for the Daily Mail.

Zen

This is Prince Andrew levels of risible. They genuine believe they are that fecking smart and that we are that fecking stupid.
Well, generally we are, and yes, he knows it. He's won stuff for the Tories by converting stupidity to them, pretty easily too.

You're victim mentality is incredible. Isn't that what your crowd refer to as a 'snowflake'.
ridiculous. “my crowd” - what crowd would that be?

In what way am I claiming to be a victim, or that Cummings is a victim?

I’m prepared to have a sensible, reasoned argument.

arnie_ni

What if his parent caught covid off of him would it still be the right thing.
I didnt say i think its right. I said he 100 percent believes he followed the exceptional circumstances and didnt break guildines

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If this is the guy who has been advising the government, gawd help us.
He is stuttering and rambling and his statement has zero coherence at all.

Just accept the fact that you were totally wrong.
Might've been advising them for longer than we thought!

Missed the white text.

lynchie

So he left London because he worried his wife had Covid. But that was ok, because she didn't have the symptoms of Covid.

Untied

ridiculous. “my crowd” - what crowd would that be?

In what way am I claiming to be a victim, or that Cummings is a victim?

I’m prepared to have a sensible, reasoned argument.
You just claimed that someone would be lynched on here for saying what Cummings did isn't a big deal

Although given your politics it wouldn't surprise me if you actually don't think lynching has a victim

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What the press do next will decide whether he sinks or swims. Will they say "well, that's it all cleared up show's over" or will they break down all of his arguments and show them for the bullshit that they are? Or do we get the Brucey Bonus and the weak ass "he didn't tell the PM" becomes the main argument which ultimately makes the whole thing get ignored when the next big scandal reveals itself?

Stay tuned for more Bullshit Politics!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's such a shame somebody like Starmer with his prosecution background wasn't able to question him. That would have been great television.

RK

I'm don't understand why the government sanctioned this. The Conservatives and Johnson have strong support whether some of us like that or not. Cumming's doesn't. For some reason the party is allowing him to harm their image, to whatever degree. Is there more than meets the eye?

Smores

Why didn't he test his eyesight without his child in the car for one thing :lol: