Westminster Politics

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Does resigning really matter here, they'll just bring him back before next election. Priti Patel had to resign in disgrace not so long ago but she's back now with even more significant role.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time..."

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I know its been said before, but all those poor people who didn't have any symptoms at all but still missed the last days of a parent's life because they were following the rules .... a time you can never get back and a memory you'll have for the rest of your life.
I feel this has to be reiterated instantly for people who are out there backing Cummings.
Peston and Laura K were a complete waste of time.
Makes me wonder what other journo's think of these two.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Johnson will be doing his Bruce Forsyth "didn't he do well" impression at the later press conference.

ITV News should have made Piers Morgan their Political Editor for the day. Would have done a better job than Peston.
Piers Morgan who was the editor of a newspaper that printed on the front page that British troops were torturing Iraq prisoners, when in fact the pictures were taken inside a TA Centre.

Drainy

Stopped watching not long after he mentioned the testing eyesight part. He's mocking us.
Yeah he knows that he will get away with it. The mouthbreather Boris fans will either;

a) believe him or go into cognitive dissonance trying to defend him
b) love that he is sticking the finger up to the media

If they pay attention at all.

Its the new playbook in the English speaking world...

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Why won't they ask him why he put his wife and kids in the car if he was worried about his vision?

arnie_ni

Why won't they ask him why he put his wife and kids in the car if he was worried about his vision?
Ive missed the questions, did no one really ask that? Flip me.

That was the biggest hole in his story

arnie_ni

Piers Morgan who was the editor of a newspaper that printed on the front page that British troops were torturing Iraq prisoners, when in fact the pictures were taken inside a TA Centre.
The two arent related. He's the only journo asking the tough questions throughout this mess.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

The trip was on April 12th. Just coincidentally, that's his wife's birthday according to Wikipedia.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How can he not remember if he stopped. I have the shittest memory going and even I can remember stopping for petrol etc.
We drove down to Devon area about 18 months to go and I remember stopping at a service station twice. You're supposed to take breaks anyway. It's an insulting amount of bs. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'd have more respect for him if he simply told us he broke the rules and so what?
This is no longer about Cummings.
We have a monumentally bad PM.

The two arent related. He's the only journo asking the tough questions throughout this mess.
Nothing wrong with someone being questioned and probed and held to account, but when someone with Piers Morgan’s track record it’s nothing short of laughable. So yes it’s valid.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Probably need to curtail this soon. The ***** will start to feel sorry for him soon if they don’t already.

Classical Mechanic

I think he’s waffled on for long enough that no one will ever want to hear about it again.

To be fair I would have done the same as him in the initial journey but the eye test drive is just bollocks.

lynchie

Hi. I'm Dom. I have a farm with enough space for 3 detached properties and a wood, but not enough space to test if I can see while driving.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The rules said stay at home, Cummings. The rules did not say stay at home unless in the event you might need alternative child care!!!!

Dan_F

Dreadful questioning. How did no one ask why he went back to work after seeing his ill wife.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless there’s more information to come from the press.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tbf he does seem to be telling the truth when he says that the rules didn't apply to him, it's just the reason he gave for that being the case is a lie.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Johnson will be doing his Bruce Forsyth "didn't he do well" impression at the later press conference.
"I won't answer any questions as he has already done so for over an hour, despite journalists not having time in advance to tailor their questions to the statement that was made"

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Rubbish questions. Does he not have any extended family to provide care in London? If it was about security why is he driving to test his eyesight with his child in the vehicle? Why did he feel the need to drive all the way back to London when he can easily work remotely until guidelines were relaxed? Was his judgement impacted by the respective capabilities of hospitals in London and Durham to provide him with sufficient care if his condition worsened?

The only way Cummings will be toast is if it transpires that he did in fact use the services on his drive up to Durham.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
The main conclusion I took from all that is that Boris is as incompetent as i already expected and that this boy is indeed the one operating the strings. BoJo is already a mess of a man, would actually be quite interesting to see how utterly atrocious he’d be without this boy at his side.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Would have been much easier if he just apologized...
I know, now he’s going to get rinsed for ages about testing his eyes by driving with his family in the car.

Why couldn’t his wife drive?

Also such rubbish, oh my niece has offered to take care of the kids, well that means we have to go to Durham then. Why didn’t a journalist say ‘then why didn’t you say to your niece that driving cross country is against the lockdown and we will see alternate care here’.