Westminster Politics

Tibs

Boris got battered again by Starmer, however, Starmer still really needs to fully KO him

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Johnson doesn't look good or at least certain very disheveled. And he is just taking charge now? Oh dear.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Keir has had Boris' number at every PMQ's, he just doesn't know how to deal with him... then again someone who waffles and lies really doesn't stand a chance against someone who is obsessed with the details.

Hal9000

Not one to read the Dail Mail, but doesn't look good for Boris when it appears they've turned on him in recent weeks.

freeurmind

weak willed
Why has BJ offered people in HK a path to citizenship? I thought the Tories were supposed to be against immigration.

Abizzz

Why has BJ offered people in HK a path to citizenship? I thought the Tories were supposed to be against immigration.
Projecting strength via "standing up to China" trumps projecting strength via tough immigration policy. And they'll argue they only wanted control, and letting them in is in their control, should they choose to do so.
I'm starting to think China might not actually mind, if they wanted HK for it's more independently minded people they wouldn't be acting in the way they are.

EwanI Ted

Its getting painful watching Johnson in PMQs at the mo, like someone dying in a job interview. His waffle makes him look like he's stupid and his faked outrage at Starmer's "attacks" are too obviously contrived. I dont really see how things are going to get any better for him either.

Classical Mechanic

Projecting strength via "standing up to China" trumps projecting strength via tough immigration policy. And they'll argue they only wanted control, and letting them in is in their control, should they choose to do so.
I'm starting to think China might not actually mind, if they wanted HK for it's more independently minded people they wouldn't be acting in the way they are.
There's a lot of talent in HK across many sectors. It will be a brain drain for China and win in that regard for the UK.

Abizzz

There's a lot of talent in HK across many sectors. It will be a brain drain for China and win in that regard for the UK.
No doubt. It might be one China is willing to take though if it makes it easier to rule HK in their fashion/interests.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it true he’s wearing an earpiece too?

Imagine how his fans would use that against a Labour leader.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Is it true he’s wearing an earpiece too?

Imagine how his fans would use that against a Labour leader.
I suspected he did have one is his recent briefings too. There was an incident when he misspoke and onky corrected himself at a weird time as if he had been prompted.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Just watching the PMQs now. Bojo really losing his cool. Really stark contrast of styles. Personally I am much more comfortable with the calm, logical style of Starmer vs the emotive, "passion" of Bojo.

Fluctuation0161

Just watching the PMQs now. Bojo really losing his cool. Really stark contrast of styles. Personally I am much more comfortable with the calm, logical style of Starmer vs the emotive, "passion" of Bojo.
Fake passion and bluster. He has likely been briefed by Cummings to show outrage and be a bit more 'Trumpian' in how he responds to Starmers detailed grilling in PMQs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Fake passion and bluster. He has likely been briefed by Cummings to show outrage and be a bit more 'Trumpian' in how he responds to Starmers detailed grilling in PMQs.
It still riles me up to this day when Miliband asked Cameron to explain why so many people were being forced to turn to food banks to survive and his response was "how dare you insult the hard working people who run the food banks". Toothless opposition let this grow and grow up to now where they can blatantly lie and they think they're untouchable. Which for the most part they are.

Looking at you, Dom.

Drifter

American
British Airways does not attend meeting with Britain's interior minister Priti Patel

(Reuters) - British Airways and its parent company IAG did not attend a meeting on Thursday with Britain’s interior minister Priti Patel, with the meeting meant to discuss the UK’s new quarantine plans.

“Neither IAG nor BA attended the meeting”, an IAG spokeswoman told Reuters in an emailed statement, declining to comment further when asked for the reason and if there were any conditions put forward by the company to attend future talks with the government.

The BBC earlier reported the development, adding that the operator was upset at what it saw as a lack of consultation over the quarantine’s introduction.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I was thinking about this sort of thing the other day. There's no way she can actually believe there's no racism in the UK. I find it hard to believe there's any BAME people in this country who have gone their whole lives without experiencing any form of racism.

I reckon an ethnic minority could do quite well financially if they have no morals or self worth, and basically just parrot right wing talking points about everyone being equally able to succeed if they just work hard enough etc

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was thinking about this sort of thing the other day. There's no way she can actually believe there's no racism in the UK. I find it hard to believe there's any BAME people in this country who have gone their whole lives without experiencing any form of racism.

I reckon an ethnic minority could do quite well financially if they have no morals or self worth, and basically just parrot right wing talking points about everyone being equally able to succeed if they just work hard enough etc
Didn't she come from a pretty well off family who owned a bunch of newsagents? Not saying wealth eradicates racism but her experience in life is far from the same as everyone else's.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Our descent into a banana republic continues.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't she come from a pretty well off family who owned a bunch of newsagents? Not saying wealth eradicates racism but her experience in life is far from the same as everyone else's.
I wasn't aware of her background but even rich Asians face discrimination, albeit it'll be more subtle and less in your face.

I suppose it does make sense she's turned out the way she has if she was from a well off family.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I wasn't aware of her background but even rich Asians face discrimination, albeit it'll be more subtle and less in your face.

I suppose it does make sense she's turned out the way she has if she was from a well off family.

From the Ugandan migration of the 70s. I don't think she identifies as anything else other than British.

FireballXL5

But Jeremy Corbyn, or something. Plus, today Boris said the UK wasn't racist....so everything's tickety-boo. Tories make me fecking sick.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone pressed Boris yet on saying blacks lives matter but having said many racist things in the past?

If not, why not? And it’s an easy opportunity to make him look the cnut he is.