Westminster Politics

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Has there been another British government, in recent times, that is so bereft of any morals? Boris, Hancock, Raab, Patel, Gove... more muck than a pig sty.
I dunno - Cameron feked a dead pig and pretty much started the chumocracy
Blair was apparently a war criminal - presumably brown as well I guess
Majors government was brought down by sleaze
Thatcher thatcher milk snatcher who shot the belgrano in the back etc

I mean perhaps the only one not seen as moraly corrupt was the maybot and thats probably more due to shear incompetence rather than actual morals

Last edited:

F-Red

I imagine that image has been sitting in Dominic Cummings' back pocket, waiting for the right time.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Boris trying to get rid of Hancock the only way he knows how.
You are naive if you think the papers just saw those pictures or the government didn't know.
I think Boris wants him around so he can have an inquiry in to covid in a few months... blame it all on hancock... throw him under the (boris) bus and draw a line under it so he can get on with the important business of making more money for himself and his chums

I think Boris wants him around so he can have an inquiry in to covid in a few months... blame it all on hancock... throw him under the (boris) bus and draw a line under it so he can get on with the important business of making more money for himself and his chums
that’s just rehashing what Cummings said. He can get rid of him now, and put the blame on Hancock if that’s the way the hammer falls - he doesn’t need him in position to do that.

acnumber9

It says a lot that it’s probably this that will bring him down rather than all the corruption and incompetence that lead to people dying.

TheLiverBird

He’s admitted breaking Covid rules

that is the end of Hancock, he will have no choice but to stand down after that statement

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
within an organisation as big as the police there will be breaches. It would be more suspect, if there hadn’t been any infractions, that would be a signpost for corruption.
You see that is pretty much the type of response I was expecting. I did say that I was surprised it even made a headline.
Oh well, the police are corrupt; not my words by the way...
Oh well, the PM is a compulsive liar; not my words by the way..
Oh well, the Health Secretary is photographed kissing someone outside his family and thereby flouting the very standards he was preaching while families were not permitted to hug their loved ones...
How do we expect people to behave when those who are supposed to be setting a morale standard treat the law and normal standards as if they simply don't matter and certainly don't apply to them.
I just find this all quite depressing.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Definitely. He is only there to act as a lightning rod for Boris.

DavidDeSchmikes

Well, i'd like to see ol Matty Hancock wriggle his way out of THIS jam! *Hancock wriggles his way out of the jam easily* Ah! Well. Nevertheless

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Has there been another British government, in recent times, that is so bereft of any morals? Boris, Hancock, Raab, Patel, Gove... more muck than a pig sty.
And someone on here who I will not is trying to convince everyone that the danger to this country comes from the Loony Left.
You could not make it up could you.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Breaking the law seems to be a badge of honour for these cnuts. It’ll be forgotten about over the weekend when someone else does something wrong.

You see that is pretty much the type of response I was expecting. I did say that I was surprised it even made a headline.
Oh well, the police are corrupt; not my words by the way...
Oh well, the PM is a compulsive liar; not my words by the way..
Oh well, the Health Secretary is photographed kissing someone outside his family and thereby flouting the very standards he was preaching while families were not permitted to hug their loved ones...
How do we expect people to behave when those who are supposed to be setting a morale standard treat the law and normal standards as if they simply don't matter and certainly don't apply to them.
I just find this all quite depressing.
I don’t understand your point. I think it’s newsworthy, but by itself it doesn’t show corruption - as I said more the opposite.

there’s a difference between junior or mid level police officers compared to senior politicians. I’m not particularly concerned about minor infractions from those in the police - which considering they have been identified, have been dealt with? Have they not? Politicians are a different breed all together, and yes that’s depressing.

i assume you have a general problem with the police?

DavidDeSchmikes

worth exploring how old cctv footage happened to land on the lap of the political editor of the sun newspaper

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
worth exploring how old cctv footage happened to land on the lap of the political editor of the sun newspaper
Do we know when the footage is from? I’ve only seen that it was from before May 17th

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don’t understand your point. I think it’s newsworthy, but by itself it doesn’t show corruption - as I said more the opposite.

there’s a difference between junior or mid level police officers compared to senior politicians. I’m not particularly concerned about minor infractions from those in the police - which considering they have been identified, have been dealt with? Have they not? Politicians are a different breed all together, and yes that’s depressing.

i assume you have a general problem with the police?
As I am sure you have read from the article does say that the majority of police forces had failed to respond to the request for information.

And to you last point. I only have a problem with the police or any organisation whose job is to uphold the law of the land when they themselves continue to flout those same laws.
Perfectly simple and perfectly understandable I would say.

GeorgieBoy

At this point I’m convinced this all isn’t real and I’m actually watching en episode of The Thick of It.

Dan_F

Do we know when the footage is from? I’ve only seen that it was from before May 17th
Last month according to The Sun. It can’t have come from Cummings directly, however, there’s a good chance he knew about the affair - she has been in the role since last year.

Either way, it’s a massive data protection breach.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Last month according to The Sun. It can’t have come from Cummings directly, however, there’s a good chance he knew about the affair - she has been in the role since last year.

Either way, it’s a massive data protection breach.
She has. And at £15,000 per year in a non executive role for 15/20 days a year. Not bad work if you can get it. I will say no more and let the facts speak for themselves for a change.

Dan_F

She has. And at £15,000 per year in a non executive role for 15/20 days a year. Not bad work if you can get it. I will say no more and let the facts speak for themselves for a change.
Definitely. Although complete pocket change for her by the sounds of it.

Acole9

Outstanding
He’s admitted breaking Covid rules

that is the end of Hancock, he will have no choice but to stand down after that statement
:lol: No chance. Save your energy, he's going nowhere. This cabinet are untouchable, no one is getting sacked. In a normal world he probably would have to but for some reason this government are so popular with the general public so they won't care.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
PM standing by Hancock after kissing aide pictures
Boris Johnson's official spokesman says the prime minister has accepted Health Secretary Matt Hancock’s apology after he was photographed kissing an aide, and considers the matter closed.
The spokesman refused to answer questions on whether Mr Hancock had broken the law, and pointed to Mr Hancock's statement where he had admitted breaking social distancing guidance.
He insisted proper procedures were followed in the appointment of Gina Coladangelo as a non-executive director in Mr Hancock’s department.

-BBC.com

I usually avoid politics but this entire cabinet is full of absolute weapons.