Westminster Politics

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We are working with the DATA and not the DATE.
Yes, I am sure you are Boris.

neverdie

Is Priti Patel a sociopathic fascist?

Patel announces harsher sentences for migrants in bid to deter Channel crossings

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...ntences-migrants-bid-deter-channel-crossings/
Her entire reason for being is to cultivate a Thatcher-like **** within the Conservative Party. She knows that being a woman and a second generation immigrant work against her with Tory voters so she seems to be demonstrating that she's the biggest cnut in politics in order to make up for these "deficits". Most likely to be leader after Johnson as Sunak doesn't seem as substantive as many Tories like to pretend. Imagine being Chancellor at a time when you've been handed an unlimited amount of money to spend to make up for ten years of austerity caused by your own party. He has the easiest job in government.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Were sleep walking into authoriatarianism
I wouldn't say sleepwalking. We're moving there willingly as a country because it seems the majority don't give a shit, or even prefer it that way.

Jericholyte2

Were sleep walking into authoriatarianism
We're bloody jumping around waving flags celebrating it!!! "Woohoo no more pesky BLM protests!!!" - six months later and something happens that they'll want to protest about, they'll be reminded and left with their thumb up the proverbial.

I fecking loathe this country at times!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I wouldn't say sleepwalking. We're moving there willingly as a country because it seems the majority don't give a shit, or even prefer it that way.
This country is full of people who are willing to suffer, happy to suffer even - if it means that the people who they deem less than them suffer just a bit more than they do.

We're bloody jumping around waving flags celebrating it!!! "Woohoo no more pesky BLM protests!!!" - six months later and something happens that they'll want to protest about, they'll be reminded and left with their thumb up the proverbial.

I fecking loathe this country at times!
Just at times? I loathe it most times lately.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can't find any mention of this on the BBC website. Not that it's important or anything.
Norwegian instagram influencers now have to tell you what they've photoshopped: Front page news.

You can now be imprisoned for 10 years for damaging a statue: Tumbleweed.

I wish I could say it's the first time in the last few years I'd thought I was living in an Orwell novel. :(

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
People can moan about the Tories all they like but isn't it about time the elephant in the room is addressed?

They ain't giving themselves majority's, the first chance since the start of the Pandemic that the public had to make their distsin of them official they made them even more untouchable.

Oldyella

Oh the people who knowingly voted for the iteration of the Tories is just as bad
Genuinely think less of friends and family who vote that way now. A few years ago it was just difference of opinion but this iteration is dangerous.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Genuinely think less of friends and family who vote that way now. A few years ago it was just difference of opinion but this iteration is dangerous.
When I think of Johnson, JRM, Gove, Hancock it absolutely amazes me that people trusted them with their vote, not just once. They just don’t give a shit until they turn the U.K. back several decades. Just don’t give a shit

Fluctuation0161

People can moan about the Tories all they like but isn't it about time the elephant in the room is addressed?

They ain't giving themselves majority's, the first chance since the start of the Pandemic that the public had to make their distsin of them official they made them even more untouchable.
The elephant in the room is the biased media and poor education so people believe it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The elephant in the room is the biased media and poor education so people believe it.
Don't agree.
The elephant in the room is the constant and compulsive lying from the PM and the rest of his despicable party.
Because they lie about almost everything and every day, most people find it difficult to actually determine the truth and the facts.
And if you don't understand what is true and not true, how can you really know what is going on.
So you make subjective judgements instead of objective ones.
The result becomes the death of democracy.

Maticmaker

Because they lie about almost everything and every day, most people find it difficult to actually determine the truth and the facts.
..." The truth, and what is that?..." (Pontius Pilate, Roman Governor, Judaea.... around 2000 years ago)

markhughes

Kier Stanmer just called the Delta variant "The Johnson Variant" in the commons, this guy is such a poor leader for this Labour government. I still have no idea what his position is on almost anything.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kier Stanmer just called the Delta variant "The Johnson Variant" in the commons, this guy is such a poor leader for this Labour government. I still have no idea what his position is on almost anything.
That’s a brilliant line. Should do more of that.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
..." The truth, and what is that?..." (Pontius Pilate, Roman Governor, Judaea.... around 2000 years ago)
The truth is the truth. Nothing changes that. Not even something which may or may not have been said 2000 years ago. And quoting something from a character like Pontius Pilate is hardly meaningful in the 21st century.

Drifter

American
Weak

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Step One - give people the bare minimum to live.
Step Two - keep them teetering on that precipice.
Step Three - give them escapism in the form of light entertainment so they can forget how unfulfilling their lives are (thanks to immigrants and folk on benefits, apparently)
Step Four - make news about politics and current events as mundane and convoluted as possible so the average person will only read the headlines.
Step Five - maintain this status quo and have your rich media mates continue to support you whilst shitting on your opponents for the exact same crap you pull on a regular basis.

Maticmaker

The truth is the truth. Nothing changes that. Not even something which may or may not have been said 2000 years ago. And quoting something from a character like Pontius Pilate is hardly meaningful in the 21st century.
I would argue the answer to 'What is the truth?.. is an even more important question today, perhaps more than it has ever been, because these days everyone has their own version of what is true.... Oh wait a minute, perhaps that has always been the case, maybe what old PP was getting at?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I would argue the answer to 'What is the truth?.. is an even more important question today, perhaps more than it has ever been, because these days everyone has their own version of what is true.... Oh wait a minute, perhaps that has always been the case, maybe what old PP was getting at?
Ok. You may have noticed, I certainly have that the word 'nuance' has become quite popular and more widely used.
Its has become used to describe variations of a particular subject.

Nothing wrong with that. Apart from where people want to depart from a fact or a particular truth.
It is as if the truth or a proven factual statement no longer matters.

I will fully accept that I am old fashioned.
I was brought up to tell the truth and accept punishment for telling a lie. And those are standards I try to uphold.
So I have zero time for those in authority who make no attempt to be honest and truthful with the people they are there to serve. And the same for those who excuse lying by describing their lies as nuanced.

And please don't think I am saying this about you. I am not.
We don't always agree. And there is nothing wrong with having differing opinions.