Westminster Politics

Superden

So I'll pay about £250 more per year? Fine, whatever. But it doesn't get away from the reality that;

1) there's absolutely no fecking way that all of the money earned is going to the NHS, no matter what these lying cnuts say.
2) they'll look to find more ways to divide and rule/take more money in 6-12 months time for another reason that is a "difficult decision", presumably with some elite rich feck of a minister talking condescendingly to the public.
3) the cost of living is already mental and is only going to get worse, while we have pay freezes for (I'm betting) at least three years.
4) lower-wage earners are going to get fecked hard by this and nobody will care.
but the boat people...theyre invading...look

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can’t find a story - what’s the context?

we all know he’s a plonker but why is he a flying plonker?
Isn't he on damage control after pissing off Welsh speakers for calling it a foreign language? And, suddenly, he started talking about how his grandad spoke Welsh and therefore he's one of them etc.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Good evening chaps. Long time newbie but have now received promotion to full member status.

Looking forward to partaking in some politics chat and making Tory snowflakes cry.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Congratulations on the promotion and welcome up, but spare us the use of the word snowflake.
Thank you very much sir. Don't worry I won't make a habit of it, it was used in satire as it seems to be a right wing buzz word.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58516799

Tax on landlords could help pay for social care, says Keir Starmer

But fecking late, isn't it Keir?!
You'll end up with one of two things happening; landlords pass the cost on so rent goes up across the board, or increasingly thin margins become even thinner so casual landlords just sell up, restricting supply and pushing prices up. Either way, those who need to rent will lose out.

Raulduke

Rumoured that some big names could be under threat or at least on the move today....

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reshuffles absolutely baffle me, as do most cabinet appointments.

Surely you want people who are experts in their field? You can't just shuffle everyone round to give them all a go at the same job. It's like they just spin a wheel and go ermmm ok Liz Truss... will beeee.... Education Secretary. Raab moves to....... Home Sec!

Is it really that fecking basic?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Replacing one set of corrupt, incompetent idiots for another.

Raulduke

Surely you want people who are experts in their field? You can't just shuffle everyone round to give them all a go at the same job. It's like they just spin a wheel and go ermmm ok Liz Truss... will beeee.... Education Secretary. Raab moves to....... Home Sec!

It's all about the PM surrounding himself with loyalty as opposed to competence.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Literally! I have never understood how a society would allow us to have individuals with zero expertise on a subject matter to head up the entire sector? Not to mention the absolute bunch of morons we have in our current government.

Fluctuation0161

Literally! I have never understood how a society would allow us to have individuals with zero expertise on a subject matter to head up the entire sector? Not to mention the absolute bunch of morons we have in our current government.
Yep. I believe in Canada, at least a few years ago, they had experts in the field heading up each sector.