Westminster Politics

Bert_

Surely it's a legal requirement to provide a heating system?

Then again, even if it is then not sure what you can do other than sue them. Which will take ages and cost you money no doubt. And you'll probably get a section 21 eviction notice for your trouble!

With the ever declining availability of housing and the lack of legislation to protect tenants means this sort of thing is only going to get worse.

The slow march back to victorian times continues.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Then again, even if it is then not sure what you can do other than sue them. Which will take ages and cost you money no doubt. And you'll probably get a section 21 eviction notice for your trouble!

With the ever declining availability of housing and the lack of legislation to protect tenants means this sort of thing is only going to get worse.

If you've evidence that you've reported it and not had any response for more than a week or two then you can report them to the council. Not sure what happens then mind.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

A certain section of the Tories will be delighted

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
From America...

Spiraling costs and crumbling public services: Millions in Britain struggling to live (nbcnews.com)

MORECAMBE, England — A dire and potentially deadly humanitarian emergency is endangering millions across Britain.

It is playing out as the seats of politics and power are reeling from months of chaos, farce and opulent pageantry. The ruling Conservative Party has busied itself with internecine political warfare, cycling through the scandal-plagued Boris Johnson and the historically brief Liz Truss before settling on Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, an ex-Goldman Sachs banker worth $800 million. Amidst it all was the gold-plated weeklong mourning period for the United Kingdom's longest-reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.

More than 200 miles north of London, in seaside Morecambe, Dusty Thomas says he spends many of his days quietly starving. He is 60, a veteran of the 1982 Falklands war and the sectarian “Troubles” in Northern Ireland.

“Sometimes I’ve gone two or three days without food,” he said, huddled under a cartoon-themed blanket in his chilly first floor-floor home just outside of town, where the heat hasn’t been switched on in three years. “A few times I’ve used tricks like drinking quite a lot of vinegar, which shrinks the sides of your stomach and takes your appetite away.”

Thomas is not alone.
"WHaT aBOut R VeTERanS!"

A lot of people are going to die this winter simply down to choices made by this government. People drinking vinegar ffs to stave off hunger. Even the 80's didn't feel this grim.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
On my phone “Where is Rishi Sunak” and “is Rishi Sunak still PM” are both trending searches.

The invisible man.
It's a tactic which I'll admit, in the game of politics has been a good one for him so far. Dunno how much longer he can hide though, seems that as it gets colder, the pressure will build.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a tactic which I'll admit, in the game of politics has been a good one for him so far. Dunno how much longer he can hide though, seems that as it gets colder, the pressure will build.
Oh aye it’s obvious what he’s doing and likely being advised to do. That said I don’t think it’s the right approach when there’s cost of living crisis, inclement weather and strike after strike disrupting the country.

Eplel

I'm curious.

If RM, Post Office and the rail have been privatized, then why are these workers considered public sector?

jeff_goldblum

I'm curious.

If RM, Post Office and the rail have been privatized, then why are these workers considered public sector?
The Post Office hasn't been privatised, for what it's worth. Royal Mail has, but it's the "official" mail carrier and is required to law to ensure it serves the whole country (including the remote islands etc.), which other mail/parcel companies aren't. The rail is a mixed bag, LNER and Network Rail are government-run but it's mostly private.

But obviously, the nurses/ambulance drivers/civil servants who are either going on strike or balloting to do so are all public sector, and that's probably what people are referring to.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
LBC’s Facebook page has about 100 laughing emoji responses to this.

BBC News’s page has about 40.

How broken does your souls have to be? How poisoned do you have to be, to reply like that to people dying!?!?!?
I saw the Times had turned comments off on the story, obviously fearing the worst.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Best take I heard about one of the previous boat incidents was some cheek chewing loudmouth saying "if the folk really were desperate then where are they finding money to buy a boat?!"

Like they're sailing here in a super yacht.
That's actually hilarious if they're being ironic.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That's actually hilarious if they're being ironic.
Considering this guy's previous track record I'm afraid not. You can always trust him to read a Daily Mail headline and spend an hour acting like he's just come up with a brilliant argument against the woke left.

FireballXL5

The country is grinding to a halt and all the Tories have left is their appalling racism. Boris Johnson this morning calling for the UK to leave the European convention on human rights.
Place is fecked.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The country is grinding to a halt and all the Tories have left is their appalling racism. Boris Johnson this morning calling for the UK to leave the European convention on human rights.
Place is fecked.
Boris Johnson’s Grandfather Sir James Fawcett is one of the authors of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. He will be turning in his grave at what an evil, insular and opportunistic toe rag his offspring turned out to be.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yep. It’s one thing to have problematic views on immigration, but to be openly laughing at people dying like that. I don’t understand how it’s possibly to react in that way.
I can

Roy Chubby Brown used to sell out arenas and sell hundreds of thousands of VHS.

Farage is considered "a bloke you'd like to have a pint with...."

Katie Hopkins had columns in national newspapers.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Place is fecked.
That just shows their mentality doesn't it. They really think that the public number 1 priority at this difficult time is that the United Nations Human Rights Conventions are wrong and the UK is right.
Nothing to do with the cost of living crisis, or the dire state of the NHS.

12 years of the Tories in government and it has come to this. What a proud record eh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
LBC’s Facebook page has about 100 laughing emoji responses to this.

BBC News’s page has about 40.

How broken does your souls have to be? How poisoned do you have to be, to reply like that to people dying!?!?!?
This country is full of deplorables. This shower of a party won an 80 seat majority because of immigration.

Jericholyte2

Listening to Braverman talk about how 'all' of the safe and legal routes that we have & how it should render these 'illegal' crossings moot is just disgusting. Knowing how, under the select committee, she herself couldn't name a single one that wasn't to do with Syria, Afghanistan or the Ukraine.

We are truly dealing with pond scum in Westminster!

TheReligion

Abusive
Really are a shite country
Yep. It’s one thing to have problematic views on immigration, but to be openly laughing at people dying like that. I don’t understand how it’s possibly to react in that way.
I can

Roy Chubby Brown used to sell out arenas and sell hundreds of thousands of VHS.

Farage is considered "a bloke you'd like to have a pint with...."

Katie Hopkins had columns in national newspapers.
This country is full of deplorables. This shower of a party won an 80 seat majority because of immigration.
I mean the country is in a shit state but let’s not lump 60 odd million people with 140 scumbags who posted laughing emojis.