Who here hopes United get spanked tonight?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think Moyes can be the right guy but may need a hand on the tactical front, like SAF. Someone with a bit more nous in that department would be handy, judging from what we've seen so far from Moyes.
I definitely agree that someone with a broader knowledge of the tactical game should be brought in should we persist with Moyes.

Smores

The match day thread the other day certainly suggested some our of this persuasion. I think some at this point some ppl have a very passionate dislike/hatred of him, which is bizarre.

No matter how pissed off people are at Moyes the questions should be less about him being sacked, as some kind of punishment for pissing off the fans, and more about who can come in to move us forward.

Those who would want to lose if it guaranteed his departure, do you not care who comes in, you just want rid?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I definitely agree that someone with a broader knowledge of the tactical game should be brought in should we persist with Moyes.
If the club don't trust Moyes to be tactically astute enough to succeed here, then all of the rest of it is pointless. We should fire him immediately.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This thread is truly a sign of the times.

Even I don't want you to get spanked. I actually want you to win squeeze out a jammy draw with a ton of red cards for each side.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This thread is truly a sign of the times.

Even I don't want you to get spanked. I actually want you to win squeeze out a jammy draw with a ton of red cards for each side.
The Cafe should not be used as a barometer of what United fans truly think any more than RAWK should be for Liverpool. I'm not saying this place is full of idiots, but a forum is a place to vent anonymously.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There's more than that. After about a month or two of the season I got the feeling that many would rather we lost just to see him sacked. I got called crazy when I suggested it so I put the question out there. Quite a few said they would rather see us lose to get him sacked.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As much as I want Moyes out (and I really, really, really want him gone) I couldn't root for another team against United.

Moriarty

The thing is, will Moyes be brave enough to send out a team that will take the game to Arsenal and go for the win rather than adopting an ultra-conservative approach? Obviously, he doesn't want to get beaten, but we've got ample talent in this squad to go there and get a result.

Adebesi

There's more than that. After about a month or two of the season I got the feeling that many would rather we lost just to see him sacked. I got called crazy when I suggested it so I put the question out there. Quite a few said they would rather see us lose to get him sacked.
OK yes there are few who said no because they didn't think a loss the Arsenal would get him sacked, even if it was a thrashing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No, because a) wanting United to lose for any reason is pointless and b) if Moyes is ultimately going to fail anyway then one result against Arsenal won't make any difference.

OneUnited24

This is a stupid thread, as im sure tons of people have already said - Moyes will get 2 seasons at the very least with us regardless of results.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Im not. I hope you win it! Am I going to be the only United supporter tomorrow then? :p

Adebesi

There has to be a line. If he lost the next ten games in succession, every single one, surely he'd get the sack? He's got more job security than most for sure, but he hasn't got a blank cheque. Or I hope he doesn't.

Loon

:lol:
He has the summer to rebuild and next season to prove it has worked. I think next Christmas is the marker. If we are out of the title race by then, I think they'll be taking a long, hard look at it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The day I'll root for a Utd defeat, the next day I'll stop watching football altogether. I cannot hope for a defeat let alone a heavy one, I can hope if said defeat occurs that the consequence will be for Moyes to be replaced.

Adebesi

The day I'll root for a Utd defeat, the next day I'll stop watching football altogether. I cannot hope for a defeat let alone a heavy one, I can hope if said defeat occurs that the consequence will be for Moyes to be replaced.
Really? Not even in a situation like, dead rubber for us, we lose and Liverpool go down? Or dead rubber for us, we lose to stop City winning the league? Something like that? I'm sure I could.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The thing is, will Moyes be brave enough to send out a team that will take the game to Arsenal and go for the win rather than adopting an ultra-conservative approach? Obviously, he doesn't want to get beaten, but we've got ample talent in this squad to go there and get a result.
I'd happily take a repeat of the performance and result that we had against them earlier in the season. If I was in charge I'd try and make us more solid for the time being, rather than trying to get a massively out of form team to just go gung-ho against another top team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I cannot bring myself to be excited for this one. It's a nothing game for us in terms of league standings, we are past the point of playing for the top 4 and I find it difficult to believe that we could play anything other than shit on stick football away to Arsenal.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Really? Not even in a situation like, dead rubber for us, we lose and Liverpool go down? Or dead rubber for us, we lose to stop City winning the league? Something like that? I'm sure I could.
Yeah. It's a noble idea to always cheer for your team but sometimes circumstances make it difficult to feel unhappy after a defeat.

Godfather

I hope we Beat them. Not because I want Moyeshere but because I dont want United to lose games nor Arsenal to win the title.
Doubt a loss to Arsenal would change much. our Season is pretty much over with or without a win and Moyes wont get sacked either way after his first season

Someone

Something
Misery needs company, i'd like moyes to give arsenal some kicking tomorrow, we're terrible anyway so let's go old school and kick them out of the park, i can see them crumbling completely after that, that'd be nice.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Don't know where to begin.
This is a stupid thread, as im sure tons of people have already said - Moyes will get 2 seasons at the very least with us regardless of results.
It's actually an ingenious thread. Create a slightly misleading thread to see if anyone would want to root for Arsenal and when no one comes forward, still scold them for being hypocrites.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't think some posters have agenda against Moyes to be sacked at all costs. The issue is poor results and game. I don't think it's personal at all.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Supporters are against David Moyes because of the way the team is playing - more than the results imo. If we play well against Arsenal, even if we lose, people would have a bit of hope and get behind him for the next game and so on. If the team continues playing such dire, uninspiring football, there will obviously be a backlash.

I'd rather see United entertain than win trophies. Both is best obviously, but if I had to choose, I'd choose entertainment.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is not an attempt from me to act like a better fan, just an honest feeling I have. I'd like to think I will not feel like that even in the extreme example you used.

walsh

Supporters are against David Moyes because of the way the team is playing - more than the results imo. If we play well against Arsenal, even if we lose, people would have a bit of hope and get behind him for the next game and so on. If the team continues playing such dire, uninspiring football, there will obviously be a backlash.

I'd rather see United entertain than win trophies. Both is best obviously, but if I had to choose, I'd choose entertainment.
Ask Arsenal fans how that feels, gets old after a while I'm sure.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I just get the feeling that by this time next season those who want him rushed out are going to look a little silly. Judge next season on this, not this one on last!

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Ask Arsenal fans how that feels, gets old after a while I'm sure.
Really?

We went 26 years without winning the league, but we had charisma. We haven't got any at the moment, and that's what's missing. Trophies are a bonus. I know people who enjoyed watching us in old Div.Two more than they do at the moment.

And if we started to win, people would get behind Moyes. If we don't they won't. But want United to lose? If there are people who do, it's because they're afraid for the future. Not just because they have an agenda against David Moyes.

walsh

Really?

We went 26 years without winning the league, but we had charisma. We haven't got any at the moment, and that's what's missing. Trophies are a bonus. I know people who enjoyed watching us in old Div.Two more than they do at the moment.

And if we started to win, people would get behind Moyes. If we don't they won't. But want United to lose? If there are people who do, it's because they're afraid for the future. Not just because they have an agenda against David Moyes.
Well, it's probably both. If anyone is actually genuinely wanting United to lose tomorrow night, I really think they are utterly pathetic.