Who replaces Ten Hag?

Ghostrider318

Every manager will struggle cz be have a bunch of mediocre, over priced mercenaries masquerading as players. They will find a way to complain about every manager. Any manager who will want them to put the team first and play and put a shift in will be booted out because working hard for a paycheck is the last thing they want to do. They are more worried about their off field engagements

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
De Zerbi must be the front runner surely given he’s done such a great job in the PL already. Not that I’m expecting anyone to achieve anything special with our ownserhsip and administrative problems.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Would rather have Mourinho Part II if we went back to old managers.

Mourinho did well with a shit hand. Too bad his ego got in the way and he deservedly got sacked.
In retrospect, not backing him against Pogba and not buying couple of players he needed after he did well, was the shittiest decision Glazers made until then.

Mourinho is what he is, but in our case I think he had the last laugh

Roboc7

Who would you want to see as interim just out of interest,also are we prepared to pay what it takes to sack Erik. Apparently it would be around the £15m mark like it was for Jose.
We won’t want to pay him off but it’s been same with all the managers we have sacked so eventually it won’t matter.

I have no idea who to bring in as an interim and I really don’t think it matters that much, this season is a write off. The most important thing is getting new leadership in place who can appoint a permanent manager, an interim just buys you some time to do that.

ToToMarshall

De Zerbi must be the front runner surely given he’s done such a great job in the PL already. Not that I’m expecting anyone to achieve anything special with our ownserhsip and administrative problems.
We’d have De Zerbi telling us he can’t play his style of play and has to focus more on transitions within 6 weeks of coaching our shower of shite

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Struggled with Germany but did well with Bayern so maybe a better club manager
He did an excellent job with the squad he inherited, things went downhill as soon as he tried to get more influence on transfers and chose terrible players like Marc Roca or Bouna Sarr who never where up to that level. Actually this points to him being a worse version of EtH and not one being able to fix this situation.

flappyjay

I'd take big Louis back in a heartbeat.
More than ever looking like sacking him was a huge mistake as boring as his football was. We are trying to catch up to some of the things he wanted us to incorporate into our football e.g passing from the back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We’d have De Zerbi telling us he can’t play his style of play and has to focus more on transitions within 6 weeks of coaching our shower of shite
Most likely, yes. But what other choice do we have? I’d still probably stick with ETH to put faith in him over the players till the end of the year and see what tune he’s getting out of the ones he’s bought and youth products. If it’s still not working out then De Zerbi seems the logical choice imo.

MiracleInMadrid

At this point I don't even care if the next manager is some exciting and progressive manager. I just want someone the players will respect and who will be ruthless in regards to player management and recruitment. Get someone in, who at the very minimum can start building some sort of culture and new work ethic in the squad. They have to start playing for eachother and the club.

When we eventually get a new ownership structure, hopefully we will see some sort of change to the whole sporting setup. By then we can go and find a more long-term solution as head coach/manager.

Until then, I don't care about playing any sort of special football. I just want a team that fights for eachother and isn't rattled as often as we are now.

Savlehest

What about Emery ? Have smashed us a couple of times and in my eyes plays more direct football.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Question is more do we hire an interim manager or do we wait until this summer and lure a bigger fish ?

For interim, Carrick and Mc Kenna are doing well in Championship. Giggs is free for the interim role, but they are not really great choices too.

De Zerbi in a big club may be dangerous, but he may be the outstanding choice.

We still have the ghost of Conte planning around too.

Flick... No thanks.

I would have taken Naggelsman too, before he joined the NT.

You will also heard the joke of Southgate too.

Gordon Godot

Question is more do we hire an interim manager or do we wait until this summer and lure a bigger fish ?

For interim, Carrick and Mc Kenna are doing well in Championship. Giggs is free for the interim role, but they are not really great choices too.

De Zerbi in a big club may be dangerous, but he may be the outstanding choice.

We still have the ghost of Conte planning around too.

Flick... No thanks.

I would have taken Naggelsman too, before he joined the NT.

You will also heard the joke of Southgate too.
Firstly we need to hire someone who is a top coach, not an all round manager. Lets not go for another over the hill or found out manager, so no Conte for sure nor Southgate. A promising coach with charisma. Then put in place a football structure. Trouble is the latter wont happen with the Glazers in charge.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This approach doesn't work. I meant the manager is not supposed to decide transfer on his own, but his suggestion should be listened. DOF recruitment team should always work on transfer regardless of manager. You don't sit idle past a transfer window where some interesting players may move, until new manager appointed and work from there.

Rangnick suggested transfers should have been listened. Could have gotten some quality players for cheaper he did. Or for example, for Spurs, at least Vicario looks like Paratici's homework signing despite Paratici had left early this year.

If we continue to wait for next manager, and have him pick our transfer target, we may as well return to manager model and sack all the scouts, Director football, data analyzers... to save money.
I was talking about salary, not transfer budget

Chicharo

This is a familiar narrative that has played out repeatedly. Eric is up a creek and he will be sacked sooner or later. We won't get relegated, that's for sure, but this may very well turn out to be the worst season since... Idk... 89/90?
So, hire an interim manager and then get Carrick to start from the scratch.

If not, then some other young manager. Perhaps Amorim?

robinrooney

This is a familiar narrative that has played out repeatedly. Eric is up a creek and he will be sacked sooner or later. We won't get relegated, that's for sure, but this may very well turn out to be the worst season since... Idk... 89/90?
So, hire an interim manager and then get Carrick to start from the scratch.

If not, then some other young manager. Perhaps Amorim?
After Ole, I don't ever want to see an ex-player manage United again.

GazTheLegend

Most overrated manager on the caf by far. He wouldn't fix a thing. He's just inherited the work of a fantastic backroom and functional leadership, and happens to have a squad with much, much lower expectations than we do. And we will still probably finish ahead of Brighton even with all our problems.

redcucumber

The moment we crash out of the CL we should get an interim in. Anyone will do as we won't have anything to play for anymore. Then try to get one of these two in the summer
What would be the point of an interim if there's nothing worth salvaging? Surely it's better to leave it to ten Hag, who at worst will be in the same situation as any random interim (nothing to play for) but at best might get something going again over the remaining 40 or so games.

Suv666

I don’t think there is anyone established out there. Its a bad time to be sacking managers.

Godfather

What would be the point of an interim if there's nothing worth salvaging? Surely it's better to leave it to ten Hag, who at worst will be in the same situation as any random interim (nothing to play for) but at best might get something going again over the remaining 40 or so games.
Fair point. For me just the fact that I don't want him here anymore as I think even an interim could do a better job than that

redcucumber

Fair point. For me just the fact that I don't want him here anymore as I think even an interim could do a better job than that
I get that tbf. I just don't see any feasible interim candidates out there. We're fecked either way at the moment. It's a nightmare situation.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
De Zerbi with this squad, with no pre-season, no structure is a recipe for disaster.

vva

What's about Kieran McKenna if he can make Ipswich Town promote to the premier league? In my opinion, he has done very good job and his win rate is up to 60% which is quite impressive.

gajender

De Zerbi with this squad, with no pre-season, no structure is a recipe for disaster.
I think he could just about survive the season like Ten Hag could have if he actually put in work at training ground and integrate few of the youngsters to somehow stabilise the Midfield and bring energy and guile to it easier said then done but it's possible . If he relies on old heads then it's definitely gonna end in disaster .

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I think he could just about survive the season like Ten Hag could have if he actually put in work at training ground and integrate few of the youngsters to somehow stabilise the Midfield and bring energy and guile to it easier said then done but it's possible . If he relies on old heads then it's definitely gonna end in disaster .
Let's see what happens with INEOS and taking over Sporting decisions. Until that happens, we can bring in Pep and we'd still struggle. This is the only argument I have for keeping ETH in the job a bit longer, but we can't keep on losing like this. He's forcing a decsion that the club doesn't want to make...