Who would you have as our new manager

Ole'sbodyguard

Roberto Martinez was fairly unproven last year before Everton gave him the job......I don't think you'd find a fan of Everton now who would take Back Moyes for Martinez ever again if they were offered the chance
He's only been there for just over six months. Let's see what he does when he loses the likes of Lukaku and has to rebuild their defence when Distin gets to old or Baines or Coleman leave.

Moyes got close to the best he could have done over his resources at Everton. He's not being able to do that for United so far. Everton can only judge Martinez in the long term and when he builds his own side.

Dominos

Are you serious? He has them on course for a very good shot at the treble I think. And they are unbeaten in about 25 matches now and looking pretty ruthless as you would expect with the squad he has. He is doing just fine there.

I would love him here though if he falls out with them over the next few years and nobody stays at Madrid too long anyway. He's still remarkably only 54 and has plenty of time to make the move here in the future. He'd be brilliant here. A class gentleman, brilliant tactical brain, great presence and a proven world class manager wherever he's been in Europe. His aura and presence is about the same as Mourinho's I would say, players just want to play under one of the best coaches ever such as Ancelotti. Players would instantly respect Ancelotti if he walked through the door as his CV speaks for itself. Don't know anyone in football that doesn't have complete respect for the man.

My absolute no.1 choice for our next manager. If that means staying with Moyes for another 2 years until he leaves Madrid then so be it.
Was reported by Le Parisien he was offered the job before we appointed Moyes and turned it down. He did deny this in an interview later.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Was reported by Le Parisien he was offered the job before we appointed Moyes and turned it down. He did deny this in an interview later.
Well if there was a choice between us and Real can't blame him for choosing Real. But I still hold hope that he would want to manage us in the future purely because nobody lasts long at Real Madrid. He's the perfect choice for us really because he's a classy guy and one of the very few out there that would not be phased by the enormity of the club because he's already managed a load of huge clubs anyway.

MDFC Manager

Are you serious? He has them on course for a very good shot at the treble I think. And they are unbeaten in about 25 matches now and looking pretty ruthless as you would expect with the squad he has. He is doing just fine there.

I would love him here though if he falls out with them over the next few years and nobody stays at Madrid too long anyway. He's still remarkably only 54 and has plenty of time to make the move here in the future. He'd be brilliant here. A class gentleman, brilliant tactical brain, great presence and a proven world class manager wherever he's been in Europe. His aura and presence is about the same as Mourinho's I would say, players just want to play under one of the best coaches ever such as Ancelotti. Players would instantly respect Ancelotti if he walked through the door as his CV speaks for itself. Don't know anyone in football that doesn't have complete respect for the man.

My absolute no.1 choice for our next manager. If that means staying with Moyes for another 2 years until he leaves Madrid then so be it.
Agreed with pretty much all of that. Additionally, if we are looking for someone who will potentially stay a long time, he fits the bill very very well.

I've also agree that (and have said it before myself) that till this guy is available, we might as well stick with Moyes.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If Moyes was sacked before end of season, Giggs in charge with Rene and mike as his assistants.

It would be interesting

reelworld

Agreed with pretty much all of that. Additionally, if we are looking for someone who will potentially stay a long time, he fits the bill very very well.

I've also agree that (and have said it before myself) that till this guy is available, we might as well stick with Moyes.
Ancelotti weakness is that he cant rebuild his teams. So I doubt he'll last a long time here

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ancelotti weakness is that he cant rebuild his teams. So I doubt he'll last a long time here
If Moyes did go then I wouldn't mind someone like him even just for 3 or 4 years to steady the ship and get us back on track with his tactical ability and experience in the short term.

The Azzurri

Apparently, Bert Van Marwijk (ex-netherland team coach) has been sacked by Hamberg.

Really do not mind getting him at the moment. It's not ideal, but at least his cv is better than moyes.

MDFC Manager

Apparently, Bert Van Marwijk (ex-netherland team coach) has been sacked by Hamberg.

Really do not mind getting him at the moment. It's not ideal, but at least his cv is better than moyes.
Why was he sacked by Hamburg then?

MoskvaRed

This is starting to sound like the midfield debate - "player x is not ideal but at least he is better than Cleverley and Anderson". For something as important as the managerial position, I think we should try to avoid sticking plaster solutions. Moyes will be here until the end of the season as a minimum and, barring a total collapse over the remainder of the season, into next season. The club will have plenty of time to sound out interest through informal approaches. I still hold out hope that Klopp will become disillusioned with having his best players raided on a regular basis by the club's biggest domestic rival.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Fantastic idea, Hamburger SV sack their manager who's got them into relegation zone, they're a club that didn't leave Bundesliga since it was created, they're currently a laughing stock of Bundesliga but let's hire Bert van fecking Marwijk because he has better CB than Moyes. ( whole two cups and embarrassment cup at Euro 2012 )

mufcwarm92

Hamburg are in absolute freefall and Van Marwijk has essentially been hounded out by his own fans. Would be a ludicrous choice.

pete_8

My choice before Moyes was Klopp. I'd love Gary Neville and Giggs to be in charge.
I think it may work they know the team inside out and how the club is ran. Gary Neville has a great football brain and with Giggs it would be a good balance , so for me worth a try can't do any worse

Adebesi

Making an appointment on the basis of them knowing the team inside out is another way of saying we need to try and keep things as far as possible as they were under SAF, not change a winning formula.

There is an undeniable logic to that and I dismiss it out of hand. But I personally believe the opposite, that SAF has taken us as far as we can go in that direction, or at least nobody else is going to achieve more than he did doing it his way. So Id say a clean break and a change of direction is preferable. i.e. "knowing the club inside out" is of little value to us.

Revan

Assumptionman

Does he have a better CV than Moyes though? I don't think so. He did a good job with Holland on 2010 when they should have won the World Cup if Robben wouldn't have been that much wasteful but that's it. We know from tournaments that everybody can win it (Greece win Euro on 2004 with one of the most untalented group of players I have ever seen) and to be fair, Holland used some very defansive tactics in WC that were more similar to Greece tactics than the usual Holland tactics. They were embarrased on last Euro Cup. I am not a fan of Moyes (as everybody knows) but I don't think that it would make sense to replace him with Van Marwijk. Not at all.

pete_8

Making an appointment on the basis of them knowing the team inside out is another way of saying we need to try and keep things as far as possible as they were under SAF, not change a winning formula.

There is an undeniable logic to that and I dismiss it out of hand. But I personally believe the opposite, that SAF has taken us as far as we can go in that direction, or at least nobody else is going to achieve more than he did doing it his way. So Id say a clean break and a change of direction is preferable. i.e. "knowing the club inside out" is of little value to us.
I agree ref club , but knowing most of if not all of the players can be beneficial, admittedly it can work the other way. I don't think SAF had taken us as far as we can go, but do believe the current squad (well the one he left) was on a downslide. Obviously any manager will stamp his own ideas on the team and it will be shaped around his ideas methodology and transfers.

bishblaize

Late to this party - but if i were choosing a manager to replace Moyes, it would have to be Klopp.

Not only does he like heavy metal and wear hoodies (dude) but more importantly his football just feels so right for United.

I think that there's this myth that the "united way" is 4-4-2, with flying wingers. Thats wholly false as far as I'm concerned.
Our famous 68 team didn't play 4-4-2, neither did our 2008 team. (As it happens both played flexible versions of 4-3-3, depending on the game) The idea that 4-4-2 is the United way came from the 70s team and, of course, the 1999 team.

For me what has always defined United is the speed and youthfulness of our teams, and a commitment to attack. That doesn't mean young in years necessarily. Its about the attitude our players should have. It was what made the Busby Babes so special, and why that team is so important to United. It wasn't that they were just young per se - its that they played as only young players can, endless running, speed being the biggest weapon.

What I love about Dortmund's team over the last two years has been the speed at which they play. Press-press-press - and when they get the ball the directness and speed at which they move into attack is delightful. All one touch interplay and powering into space.

If Barca, and now Bayern, are the modern equivalent of Cruyff's Ajax team of the 70s, then Dortmund are the modern equivalent of the Busby Babes. Leave the heavy possession approach to Barca and Bayern. Dortmund have shown that speed and a commitment to attack still has a place in the modern game.

SambaBoy

We need to go in a different direction if we are too sack Moyes and appoint someone. Someone who has a tactical philosophy and not standard 4-4-2. I'm not saying Moyes should be sacked but if he were to be then it would be pointless bringing someone in to play exactly the same type of football.

We should be looking at the likes of Klopp, Simeone, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Blanc etc. All these are established top European managers apart from Simeone possibly, but he looks like he has great potential.

Adebesi

Late to this party - but if i were choosing a manager to replace Moyes, it would have to be Klopp.

Not only does he like heavy metal and wear hoodies (dude) but more importantly his football just feels so right for United.

I think that there's this myth that the "united way" is 4-4-2, with flying wingers. Thats wholly false as far as I'm concerned.
Our famous 68 team didn't play 4-4-2, neither did our 2008 team. (As it happens both played flexible versions of 4-3-3, depending on the game) The idea that 4-4-2 is the United way came from the 70s team and, of course, the 1999 team.

For me what has always defined United is the speed and youthfulness of our teams, and a commitment to attack. That doesn't mean young in years necessarily. Its about the attitude our players should have. It was what made the Busby Babes so special, and why that team is so important to United. It wasn't that they were just young per se - its that they played as only young players can, endless running, speed being the biggest weapon.

What I love about Dortmund's team over the last two years has been the speed at which they play. Press-press-press - and when they get the ball the directness and speed at which they move into attack is delightful. All one touch interplay and powering into space.

If Barca, and now Bayern, are the modern equivalent of Cruyff's Ajax team of the 70s, then Dortmund are the modern equivalent of the Busby Babes. Leave the heavy possession approach to Barca and Bayern. Dortmund have shown that speed and a commitment to attack still has a place in the modern game.
Kagawa is more "The United Way" than Manchester United itself.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

Fergie said we played 442 in 2008.

Will Absolute

I think it may work they know the team inside out and how the club is ran. Gary Neville has a great football brain and with Giggs it would be a good balance , so for me worth a try can't do any worse
The time to sack Moyes is now, and since it hasn't happened, I presume it's not going to. If it did, I don't think we can take a chance with another unproven manager, whatever their connections with the club. We need someone who's been there and done it, and can come in and right the ship. Even if they only stay for 18 months, they can get us back on an even keel.

Anderson18

The time to sack Moyes is now, and since it hasn't happened, I presume it's not going to. If it did, I don't think we can take a chance with another unproven manager, whatever their connections with the club. We need someone who's been there and done it, and can come in and right the ship. Even if they only stay for 18 months, they can get us back on an even keel.
Spot on. After the worst month in recent Manchester United history you can be sure that he isn't going anywhere and will get the funds and patience for next season. But next season the honeymoon is over, even at Manchester United. If we aren't in the top4 in January I think he'll be gone.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spot on. After the worst month in recent Manchester United history you can be sure that he isn't going anywhere and will get the funds and patience for next season. But next season the honeymoon is over, even at Manchester United. If we aren't in the top4 in January I think he'll be gone.
He will get time. Even if we finish 7th again next season he will get more money to spend and time to make it right.

I don't think we will ever be competitive in terms of winning trophies with Moyes in charge but a couple years down the line people will be saying he's successful because he can get us to finish top 4 or within touching distance of it.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Not everybody has the character and the mentality to be successful in a club like United. The appointment of our new manager has clearly shown that not even eleven years at a successful mid table club is enough if you don't have the right personality. When I go back and look at pictures of Moyes in his first day at Carrington he look lost, almost in a state of chock or like he was dreaming. His eyes and mindset is somewhere else, and now almost eight month later is still the same expression. I feel sad for him, this was never meant to be his mission. Sadly for us, sadly for him.

A new manager must have the right charisma, a special self belief, a ego and a egocentric mindset to survive at Old Trafford. He needs to be strong enough to fight with media, handle a couple of superstars and brave enough to follow his visions.

Klopp looks like he have what it takes. Strong personality, modern approach and a clear philosophy. He is also relative young but at the same time experienced. Like a newer version of the old man. I doubt he will come but he's the obvious choice. The train has gone regarding Mou, sadly. He also had the right personality. OLG should not even be mention, an absolutely legend as a player and a great personality but still to inexperienced to even be a candidate.

I have no idea who's available or not but choosing a manager just based on results would be wrong. We need a general, a visionary and modern leader who can take us away from Jurassic Park and in to Star Wars football. Now.

Gannicus

Klopp or De Boer.

Jose was the obvious choice but Fergie, or perhaps it was Bobby, put his foot down and we got stuck with Moyes. Shit happens.

Loon

:lol:
He will get time. Even if we finish 7th again next season he will get more money to spend and time to make it right.

I don't think we will ever be competitive in terms of winning trophies with Moyes in charge but a couple years down the line people will be saying he's successful because he can get us to finish top 4 or within touching distance of it.
I just don't see it. If he spends £100m in the summer and there is not a significant improvement, I think the Gimps will be looking very hard indeed. Losing the revenue and profile of CL football for a second season will have a huge impact on their all important share prices and sponsorship contracts.

To spend that kind of money and have another season like this? I think he'll lose substantial fan support as well.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Not everybody has the character and the mentality to be successful in a club like United. The appointment of our new manager has clearly shown that not even eleven years at a successful mid table club is enough if you don't have the right personality. When I go back and look at pictures of Moyes in his first day at Carrington he look lost, almost in a state of chock or like he was dreaming. His eyes and mindset is somewhere else, and now almost eight month later is still the same expression. I feel sad for him, this was never meant to be his mission. Sadly for us, sadly for him.

A new manager must have the right charisma, a special self belief, a ego and a egocentric mindset to survive at Old Trafford. He needs to be strong enough to fight with media, handle a couple of superstars and brave enough to follow his visions.

Klopp looks like he have what it takes. Strong personality, modern approach and a clear philosophy. He is also relative young but at the same time experienced. Like a newer version of the old man. I doubt he will come but he's the obvious choice. The train has gone regarding Mou, sadly. He also had the right personality. OLG should not even be mention, an absolutely legend as a player and a great personality but still to inexperienced to even be a candidate.

I have no idea who's available or not but choosing a manager just based on results would be wrong. We need a general, a visionary and modern leader who can take us away from Jurassic Park and in to Star Wars football. Now.
Where do you lot dream this shit up?

Mersault

Many terrible suggestions. Almost makes me happy that we've got Moyes.
And why in the world do people think Giggs will cut it? What makes you think that?

If Moyes does go I still retain some hope that we could tempt a major manager, whether or not he's already at another club.