Who would you like to win it - Argentina, Croatia, France or Morocco?

Who’d you like to win this World Cup?

• Total voters

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
1 Morocco - they are the big underdogs so why not, it will be a WC to remember
2 France - they play good football, have good players and are the best team in the tournament left
3 Croatia - worst team to watch but I hate Argentina
4 I hate Argentina.

In the QF I wanted to see Brazil vs Netherlands and Portugal vs England in the semis, it happened exactly the opposite, so I expect Argentina to win it.

stoinz

Argentina cos Messi and Martinez.
Morocco followed by Croatia then France.

Zetrio2002

It's incredible that France and Croatia have dominated football for over 4 years already.

OrcaFat

I believe Messi deserves a World Cup.
Yes. Argentina for me and for that reason.

If not them, I’d probably say France - they have some really good players and must be favourites. Morocco can only win by stifling the game. Croatia are dark horses but are a bit negative in the main.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Morocco - would be the first African team to win it.

Probably unrealistic so as long as Argentina don't win I'm good, their team has too many wankers and Messi fanboys will be out of control.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Would just be magical to see an African nation win the first WC.

Morocco

Josep Dowling

I think Morocco would be most people’s favourites. Then I’d say Argentina for Messi and Martinez.

I hope France don’t win. Not because I don’t like them but that would be 2 Euros and 3 World Cups since 1998. France are also a major reason why Qatar got the World Cup in the first place.

Stacker

It would have to be Croatia for me as my grandad was Croatian himself and I generally support them through the World Cup in the same way as I do England.

1) Croatia
2) Morocco
3) Argentina
4) France

Would be nice to see an African team take it if Croatia don’t. Argentina and France I really have no opinion on, France are 4th only because they knocked us out.

TheLittleOne

For me Morocco would be the most likeable winner but i have put some money on croatia as champions pre tournament, so i hope for croatia :D.

Dannn411

1. Morocco without question. A story that will be told for generations to come.
2. Argentina for Messi's legacy. He's already the GOAT but what a way to seal a career. Also for our guy Martinez. Imagine United starting 2 world-cup winning centre backs. Amazing.
3. France. For Varane obviously but I also like Mbappe and his story and want him to achieve everything possible.
4. Croatia. Have not played football all tournament and should not be in the semis.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Croatia, would love to see Modrič lift the trophy and see Messi cry.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Croatia are a weird one. They’re boring but well drilled and I respect that beating Brazil wasn’t even really an upset. It’s what they’re capable of and they’re capable of doing it again against all the remaining sides.

When you’re on the verge of reaching your second World Cup final in succession, there’s no need to change your game plan in the name of entertainment.

Remember the geese

This tournament has shown me that either the elite national teams are simply not as good as the elite club sides, or that the difference in elite coaching at club level makes a huge difference compared to the lesser level of coaches plying their trade on the international scene.

To answer the question posed by the op, I'm a little torn. Would quite like Morocco to win it for the novelty, but would also like a United player to be successful. Completing Messi's story and Lisandro Martinez winning it would be nice, however, I find the Argentine team to be incredibly dislikable. Varane winning it would be all fine, however, France winning again is boring and it's a little too soon after England's exit last night. Croatia, I have no feelings for either way. Long story short, I really don't care who wins it, I guess.

ROFLUTION

If Messi didnt act like a dick towards the ref and Weghorst, Id root for Argentina.

Morocco it is

LARulz

Morocco and then Argentina only cos it would be so funny to see Ronaldo and co absolutely lose their shit

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Argentina, because of friendships, because of Scaloni, who is much loved in my city, and because it is a team with soul, which has been growing throughout the tournament. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind Croatia

BorisManUtd

No. You only need to technically win 4 games (with the option of penalties) in a row to win the world cup. A bit of luck could help propel that. Leicester had to consistently be the best team in the league over a course of 38 games, which is an insane achievement.
You're probably right, I'm more saying it for the fact that other than 7-8 big football nations, no one so far has won the World Cup, not even the likes of Netherlands, also Spain and England winning it only once etc.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Anyone but Morocco. They're basically Qatar now

It'd be great to see Messi win the big one at the end of his career; the stuff of dreams, so I'm backing Argentina. They're probably the best overall team left in it even if they're rather unspectacular.

I really like Croatia, but like Morocco, it's basically like anti-football. It'd be astonishing if they won the trophy by taking every game to Pens and only winning one game in 90/120 mins, with such an ageing squad too.

France would be cool to see as I don't think anyone's retained the WC in my lifetime, and Mbappe is some player (albeit did absolutely nothing last night).

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Wouldn't mind Messi getting one, but Morocco, obviously.