Wilshere - where does the hype come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Or be the only one where his eyesight isn't connected to logic or obviousness correctly.

Ringo 07

I've seen him play a few times this year.

Where the hell does the hype come from.

I notice he's just won 2nd best young player in that thing Balliotelli won. How the feck has he earnt that at all?

He's played 14 games this year in the prem. 1 goal in the league. 2 assists. Cleverley has scored 2 goals more than him and has similar assists. Why is he not in the England squad?
Wilshire is 19 years old in a few days. Cleverley is 22 next August! I hope that answers yoru question

B Cantona

Desperate
It's worth the risk. If I'm right I'll look like I'm ever so intelligent.
Kudos on having the balls to take the risk of looking an unknowledgable bell end. Even if you do turn out to be right, you're enduring months maybe a year or so of everyone 'knowing' they're a better judge of player than you

I call it the 'Rubberman Gambit'. Named after it's founder, who is still yet to pull it off

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Kudos on having the balls to take the risk of looking an unknowledgable bell end. Even if you do turn out to be right, you're enduring months maybe a year or so of everyone 'knowing' they're a better judge of player than you

I call it the 'Rubberman Gambit'. Named after it's founder, who is still yet to pull it off
Haha.

I just don't think he's done anything to justify 2nd best under 21 player in the world. Realistically there is players who've done more who're no where near an England call up.

Mick1991

He's going to be a special player Arsenal are blessed to have him. For a little fella nothing fazes him, he's a brave one and I like that trait about him, he has the talent but he also looks like he has the balls to impose it and make the most out of it.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Wilshere is clearly a top top talent and you've got to be some kind of numpty to deny it

As for Ramsay - its a fking tragedy that. He was looking like the 'real deal' when Shawcross did him and had he continued along the fast track development path he seemed to be on he'd be by now, another year later, a real force in the game imo.

Now we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope he can pick up from where he left it a year ago

After watching Eduardo's almost impossible job at getting it back I really pray for Ramsay - he's too big a talent to lose for the game, let alone us

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Wilshere is clearly a top top talent and you've got to be some kind of numpty to deny it

As for Ramsay - its a fking tragedy that. He was looking like the 'real deal' when Shawcross did him and had he continued along the fast track development path he seemed to be on he'd be by now, another year later, a real force in the game imo.

Now we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope he can pick up from where he left it a year ago

After watching Eduardo's almost impossible job at getting it back I really pray for Ramsay - he's too big a talent to lose for the game, let alone us
I agree he's a top talent

wasn't he known alot for his goal scoring exploits when he was in Arsenal's reserves though? people are yet to see that side of him in first team football

Bearded but no genius

No 'wild overhyping of injured player' going on here, just like with Eduardo?

In spite of the fact Eduardo has never recovered completely from that injury, the way your supporters turned him into the son of God in the time he was out, he never stood a chance even if he had fully returned to the level he was at before the injury.

Sounds like you're going to do the same to Ramsay.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He's good, but not that good.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Stop jerking off all over that kid.He's too good to lose for the game ?? We don't care about him and football will be fine without Ramsey :lol:

Boss

when it comes to hyping up their own/former players, Arsenal fans take it to a whole new level, first Hleb a better dribbler than Iniesta and now the game of football would truly miss out, without the amazing talents of Ramsey

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've seen him play a few times this year.

Where the hell does the hype come from.

I notice he's just won 2nd best young player in that thing Balliotelli won. How the feck has he earnt that at all?

He's played 14 games this year in the prem. 1 goal in the league. 2 assists. Cleverley has scored 2 goals more than him and has similar assists. Why is he not in the England squad?
Forget Wilshire, how the feck did Balotelli get first place? Surely there are other young players in the world of football who have a starting place and are important to their teams.

Gooney

To be fair, this award and the nominees are pretty shite

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But I think he is a top talent too. IMO he is comparable to the young Fabregas.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Ramsay's back playing at Forest. I wouldn't want to make a call between the two of them (but then I don't have to), both major talents in the making.

Ramsey, you horrible cnuts.

Longlivekeano

Nah, Jack Wilshere is class...And I am a hardcore United fan, but I'm not a twit who cant see talent in non-United colors. He will form the backbone of the England national team for many, many years to come.

All that is left to be seen is whether Wilshere's magic and glitter will either be translated into being inked into history as one of football greats like Bobby Charlton,Bobby Moore, or (ii) flushed down the drain in England colors due to underperformances in major tourneys like Joe Cole,

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Nah, Jack Wilshere is class...And I am a hardcore United fan, but I'm not a twit who cant see talent in non-United colors. He will form the backbone of the England national team for many, many years to come.

All that is left to be seen is whether Wilshere's magic and glitter will either be translated into being inked into history as one of football greats like Bobby Charlton,Bobby Moore, or (ii) flushed down the drain in England colors due to underperformances in major tourneys like Joe Cole,
Joe Cole doesn't under perform. He's just shite.

And genuinely, I'm not saying Jack Wilshire won't turn good. I'm just saying where is the hype coming from. What games has he done well in this year?

MacMUFC

To be fair, this award and the nominees are pretty shite
The previous winners include, Mario Ballotelli, Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney, Cesc Fabregas, Anderson, Van Der Vaart...i'd say its pretty decent, to be fair.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
You only have to watch Wilshere once to know he's the nuts, just like Rooney at that age. Fantastic touch, vision, and that swagger that shows he has real self-belief. Obviously there's no guarantee that any young player, however talented, will be consistently excellent over the years. But he's as good a bet as any currently playing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Odd thread imo.

Wilshere is a very good player and will go on to become a top quality player. He's playing a very disciplined role for Arsenal this season which has limited his goals and assists. In fact at times he's their deepest midfield player. He's really showed a lot of discipline this year and it's going to be important in his development. No longer is he just a bit of a luxury attacking midfield player but a player that will get about and doesn't mind putting his foot in.

He's easily the most promising young English player at the moment.

Boss

You only have to watch Wilshere once to know he's the nuts, just like Rooney at that age. Fantastic touch, vision, and that swagger that shows he has real self-belief. Obviously there's no guarantee that any young player, however talented, will be consistently excellent over the years. But he's as good a bet as any currently playing.
I wouldn't say he's shown as much potential as Rooney did, but yes, if you've seen him play you would know he's the scrotum

I have no doubts he will make it

Status
Not open for further replies.