Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori-

This is going to continue until that tool Woodward starts keeping his nose out of the managing side of things and sticks to finances.

He's been saying for 2 years now we are getting a Director of Football and......nothing.

We have no direction, years of buying average players in positions we don't need.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bet you're a glutton for punishment? I've seen torture methods more pleasant than watching a Solskjaer coached team.
Can't remember the last time we played well consistently for 7 years...

Code-CX

I can’t believe the stuff I used to read on here and on the reddevils sub.

“He has a plan” - No he fecking doesn’t he’s clueless.

“He has a clear style of play” - He was appointed as our permanent manager in March and I still have no idea how he wants his team to play. Everyone out on the pitch looks lost every single game.

“He made some good signings” - Well Maguire and Wan Bissaka weren’t really unknown players before coming here, were they? We literally blew our entire budget on them yet he’s somehow a transfer genius.

“Look at how Klopp transformed Liverpool when he was given time” - Klopp has more managerial talent in his fingernail than Ole does.

“It’s a work in progress” - No it isn’t. We’re not making any fecking progress, we’re going back and fast.

Keep being blinded by sentimentality. I’m sure you’ll win some internet points for sticking with the manager.

Whatsername

I just can’t bring myself to vote for Ole to be sacked, especially if Woodward lives to fight another day.

He does deserve it though, could have no complaints.

Still can’t believe that idiot Woodward gave him the permanent job in the first place, instead of waiting for the end of the season as planned.
I can't bring myself to vote for the sack either but this just isn't working. I'm hoping he'll walk.

padzilla

Hipster
You shouldn't need a director of football to be able to manage a Manchester United side to a higher standard than this.

George The Best

Can we have a similar poll for Ed Woodward? I think he carries most of the blame for where we are now. Having said that Ole is not up to the job either imo. Things won’t get better until we have a football person running the football side of things. Ed needs to be removed from all things football related and, sadly, Ole needs to go too.

Skills

Snitch
The guy loves the club, he should resign, tell the media he loves the club, the fans and feels its right to go back to Molde. Will never happen though.
Everyone loves money more.

He's probably earning more now, than he was as a player for us and definitely about 10x more than as the manager of Molde. He'd be stupid to just throw that away.

Alemar

Wow, sack option already has over 50%, it’s gaining votes fast

Amerifan

Ole can’t be enjoying these performances. He’s seen how it’s supposed to look. I’d like to know what he’s thinking.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I’m proud of the results in this thread. I’ve been really worried coming here recently that the United fan base has become as pathetic and cowardly as the posts make it seem. As ever though the idiotic among us make the most noise and drown out rational posters.
Every time Mourinho lost a game his one increased so let's revisit this post in a few weeks.
Turns it it took one week.

Still proud?

SinSeven

Bottom half of the table... Our players are not that bad? Ole is by far the worst manager in the PL and has to go now!

He will get sacked before christmas for sure.

buckooo1978

just changed my vote

knew this would be a tough season with the lack of investment

no idea we would be quite so poor..... we wouldn't compete in the championship with the brand of football we are playing - truly awful and the worst I've seen from United in my life

an interim manager would be worth it if even for a short term boost. That's how bad things are

Viral United

What ever Ole is doing its not working so as much I love Ole he needs to resign, I just don't want him to get sack, he is better than this.

United Hobbit

I feel bad for him as he clearly loves the club and did so much for us as a player but the last couple of games I was leaning towards sack but now I'm definitely thinking it's time for him to go.

He will probably be compared to Lampard who is a fairly inexperienced manager but while Lampard had a poor start the crucial factor is his Chelsea side are progressing, we are completely freefalling .Let's not forget Lampard had to deal with the loss of Hazard and the transfer ban, he benched Pulisic their most recent big signing as the younger players are doing well. Yes they cant defend but nor can we but they are scoring goals which negate the lack of defending

However I also want to whole structure of the club addressed at the same time, I feel Ole has been thrown under the bus and I can see it happening to the next manager too.

The next question is who do we get? I'm not sure I want Pochettino any more as Tottenham are close to being as awful as we are currently

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still in the keep camp because I don't think sacking him right now would fix anything. At least wait till Christmas? Let's get some of those injured players back in the team?

Anyway ideally I'd like him to move up and we get in a proper coach. Let them handle the football, and let Ole and team deal with recruitment, etc...

matt23

The longer Ole's had these players the worse they get, to a man.

At this point I don't think it's fair on the kids. His level of coaching isn't good enough.

Chairman Steve

He’s done. He is so horribly out of his depth as much as I hate to say.

But the fecking board need a lot of scrunity their way, especially Woodward.

Irwin99

Honestly don't think anyone could make this a successful season and I was in favour of letting Ole have the job for the rest of the season and just taking it from there but I've changed my vote. I love him as a Man United legend, lovely chap but even with these injuries the plan for this season was hopelessly naive at best and downright diabolical planning at it's worst.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have to admit, I've lost faith in Solskjaer.
I don't care so much about results, but the awful football that we are serving up, nothing has changed or improved.

It's still the same tumescent, slow, boring, careful, defensive football that we saw last season and the season before and the season before that.
Ole's team should be showing signs that it's moved away from that shite, but instead, he is clinging onto it.
Final straw for me, is Solskjaer trying to praise that performance against AZ.
If Solskjaer thinks that is an acceptable performance then he is absolutely delusional, and things will never get any better.

“I am very pleased as it’s a good point away from home......I’m fed up talking about pens we should have had. It could have topped off a very good performance.”

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Every game that he stays on is a plus for spurs, chelsea and arsenal. I feel he will get the sack when its looking too grim to make the top 4 giving the new manager no chance to save the season. The new manager enters next season outside of top 4 and pressure to deliver top 4. Vicious circle

Un4givableB

It’s an utter shower right now but no manager could do much with this group. 6 years lack of investment and players sat in the comfort zone are the problem
Fanfiction

The team that came 2nd was a pretty good squad, 3 players more we would be closer to City.

The team Ole inherited was pretty good if kept or replaced Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez.

freeurmind

weak willed
Can we have a similar poll for Ed Woodward? I think he carries most of the blame for where we are now. Having said that Ole is not up to the job either imo. Things won’t get better until we have a football person running the football side of things. Ed needs to be removed from all things football related and, sadly, Ole needs to go too.
That poll would be 100% sack.

Sanche7

Inappropriate Content
Still in the keep camp because I don't think sacking him right now would fix anything. At least wait till Christmas? Let's get some of those injured players back in the team?

Anyway ideally I'd like him to move up and we get in a proper coach. Let them handle the football, and let Ole and team deal with recruitment, etc...
I don’t see him lasting that long. It serves no purpose other than just having a coach for the sake of it. Well get absolutely murdered when we play Liverpool and that will be it for Ole

Last edited:

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Now if we had some sort of plan, clear idea about style of play, patterns in both attack and defence then even with bad results we could expect turnaround but there's nothing to suggest that this will get better.

Inter Yer Nan

I can’t believe the stuff I used to read on here and on the reddevils sub.

“He has a plan” - No he fecking doesn’t he’s clueless.

“He has a clear style of play” - He was appointed as our permanent manager in March and I still have no idea how he wants his team to play. Everyone out on the pitch looks lost ever single game.

“He made some good signings” - Well Maguire and Wan Bissaka weren’t really unknown players before coming here, were they? We literally blew our entire budget on them yet he’s somehow a transfer genius.

“Look at how Klopp transformed Liverpool when he was given time” - Klopp has more managerial talent in his fingernail than Ole does.

“It’s a work in progress” - No it isn’t. We’re not making any fecking progress, we’re going back and fast.

Keep being blinded by sentimentality. I’m sure you’ll win some internet points for sticking with the manager.
All true. He’s a nice guy and a club legend but it ends there. He has no style of play, is void of ideas and is poor at making decisions and coaching. As are all the staff. Ole is just a yes man. Easy to control because it’s his “dream job” so he’s not going to complain and will work with what he has and be positive because , hey, he’s getting paid a lot.

I was of the thinking of just biting the bullet and keeping him until the end of the season for the sake of consistency and stability but not now. It’s consistently shite and we could come 14/15th.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
What'd be the point? Literally nobody would vote to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.