Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

He is terrible at managing games and what I mean by that is not knowing how to successfully achieve playing purposely out for a draw both before the game and during it.

passing-wind

Anyone supporting Ole cannot be a serious fan with ambition. I still reserve judgement until. The end of the season but the only thing that will keep him in the job is an absolute miracle because it WILL get to point where for all the money the club has spent he will be underachieving. His time here will come to an inevitable end.

He is terrible at managing games and what I mean by that is not knowing how to successfully achieve playing purposely out for a draw both before the game and during it.
He did what any basic football fan would do, extra men at the back. That’ll sort it.

No thought given to how that could be exploited and how having only 3 attackers on the pitch was likely to lead to us being pinned in.

redshaw

A travesty tonight.

Said at 2-0 down we should be playing 4 at the back with Donny in midfield. Had we started like that it would've been a lot better. Donny was fantastic in the home game, very good one touch passing to get out of the press, it was vital we played him but Ole completely messed up with his 352 with them rinsing AWB, completely the wrong game to be fecking around like this, utter calamity formation and surrender.

It's unbelievable how knowing what Leipzig said about AWB in the previous game but didn't quite come to fruition, that Ole would then just set him up for a slaughter, a fecking gift to Leipzig and not see how Donny was needed for midfield mobility. Ole has binned the game, made a complete feck up not subbing Fred against PSG. It's right there in his grasp but refuses to see or take it, I'm livid and don't see signs he's improving, I've gave him the benefit of doubt up until this past couple of weeks and hoped he would be learning but it's time to get a top manager in. The randomness shambles has been the theme since he started and still continues. We go from shit hot to hot steaming shite.

BlueHaze

Seriously hope we don't get beat against City on Saturday or the season could quickly go downhill from there. We are out of the CL, it's over but we still have a chance to do well in the league if they quickly regroup. I have zero confidence in Ole though and predict we will have a very rough season. Possibly 5th or 6th spot finish.

admrf

It's very simple for me.

At the highest level the margins are incredibly small. So you need one or more of these to succeed.

1. Lot of very very good players. We have a few but nowhere near enough.

2. An excellent manager who can make the team greater than the sum or parts. Which Ole is obviously not.

3. Luck.

Which of these is fixable for us? We are not buying shit ton of good players. Can't fix luck. So there you go.

Mind you for me, Ole has done a fair to decent job. But ultimately where can he take us?
Agree with 1 and 2. The first two conceded goals from tonight's game were the examples a poorly coached team.
For the third, we have been lucky so far for sure. It is also as if we transfer our luck from CL to EPL and you need more than just luck in the CL.
This Leipzig game, that was a shit tactics and lineup honestly after saying we are Man United (not in our gene to sit back) from Ole during the pre-match presser.

I still vote to keep him after being in top 4 last season (3rd) despite being so poor in both FA cup and in the EL SF but tonight I changed my vote, he has to go.
How the hell we did not go through from this group is also unbelievable. We were at the top after four games and that poor performance away at Istanbul costed us badly as well - pretty sure you all still remember how we conceded goals in that match.

I know all things take process (look at Chelsea, they are the example of progressing) but we are simply not progressing in terms of the coaching (make the team greater than the sum or parts), having a lot of very very good players, and finally, still, making too many mistakes / allowing mistakes to happen in our system resulting to stupid goals (totally unacceptable). These errors are like tied to the system/coaching as well as a leadership or coordination on the pitch and almost all the time they are not an isolated error with regards to an individual mistake.

I see no way that we are better now. Also, in so many managers we were always too late to act in important games, lacking some senses of urgency or whatever, this is happening again. Sure, the last few matches it was good to make the come back but surely we have to be better to attack first and play better defensively .

On the one hand, who is available to take the job though?
On the other hand, I am also not sure our board is thinking many steps ahead in preparing who should they approach if this situation must happen.

I would take Jose's football any day instead of this shit.
His first season for sure, with Zlatan & Pogba.

Zlatan’s injury fecked it right up though, as we weren’t ever close to the same with Lukaku.

That first season though is forgotten to most, we played some cracking stuff and our league position got hurt with so many draws where we absolutely battered teams but couldn’t score.

Hellboy

Standing on the side clueless doing hand signals ... absolute clown :lol:

The club is a disgrace for letting him survive this long

A-man

I don’t think there is any other big club in the world who would keep Ole at this moment. Real through out Ancelotti after two years because he only won 1 CL.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don’t think there is any other big club in the world who would keep Ole at this moment. Real through out Ancelotti after two years because he only won 1 CL.
Big club? I can't see any club in the PL taking him!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm done watching us till he's sacked. Unbelievable how shit he is at almost everything.

Enigma_87

You know who
Big club? I can't see any club in the PL taking him!
It will be very interesting which club will take him next and how much time he will get without the protection he's getting here from fans and board.

Will be hard to find another club with zero ambition, yet capable of giving him hundreds of millions to play around and learn at the job.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You should rewatch that season, we played some really superb stuff.
It’s forgotten due to the following season with Lukaku which some see as Jose’s best due to league position, but it wasn’t, I loved his first season, felt truly like United again.
You should read the conversation before butting in so charmingly as you did with the bollocks. The poster I was quoting compared the game tonight with the Sevilla match, sonyesnid much prefer the football we play now to that

jamesjimmybyrondean

Didn't he say we never play for 0-0 . He makes a lot of empty promises like that's not really necessary. It's quite naive. His post match interviews after a poor game is also quite bad.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It will be very interesting which club will take him next and how much time he will get without the protection he's getting here from fans and board.

Will be hard to find another club with zero ambition, yet capable of giving him hundreds of millions to play around and learn at the job.
Who wants an ultra defensive manager who's constantly second guessing himself? Who has no success to offer? He's almost worthless at this level.

Best he can hope for is another caretaker job where he can give the players free reign to 'enjoy themselves' until the wheels fall off. Basically an Avram Grant.

laughtersassassin

Out of his depth. Bad manager plain and simple.

If/When we lose to city he has to go

The league is going okay since everybody is doing poor, let's not let him feck that up.

Jericholyte2

Replace the word ‘Ole’ in this argument with ‘Manager X’

‘Manager X:’:
  • Has been in the job for 2yrs but has created no team identity of play
  • Has not improved the attacking coordination of the team
  • Has not improved the defensive organisation despite spending £140m on defenders
  • Kept an erratic player, on a yellow card, to play the second half of a vital match with a team that will always look to get a player sent off
  • Has allowed this mentality of walking through games until we’re 2-0 down
  • Came to the club with the primary aim of out-working the opponents, which we have subsequently failed to do with any consistency
‘Manager X’ gets sacked for this at any club that has some semblance of dignity!

Enigma_87

You know who
Who wants an ultra defensive manager who's constantly second guessing himself? Who has no success to offer? He's almost worthless at this level.

Best he can hope for is another caretaker job where he can give the players free reign to 'enjoy themselves' until the wheels fall off. Basically an Avram Grant.
There are a lot of stupidly run clubs out there, I mean, we took him with zero credibility at the job.

I doubt any PL side will take him though considering they can see what he's doing on a more consistent basis, but Belguim/Holland, maybe?

Skills

Snitch
This reminds me a little of what this place was like when Moyes was about to get punted. It was still split right down the middle with some folk saying "he needs time" and others saying "throw him in a ditch". It was a little more understandable then because we had just seen the great Sir Alex retire and thought that all we needed to do was give a manager the chance to build their squad.
I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.

Mainoldo

I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please can we frame this post. Best post of all time.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Sackable offence number 1: He is here as coach since nearly 24 trophies
No progress for the results and performances......i could live with no trophies for another season and even the Champions League exit tonight if you could see a clear tactic/style/plan under him which would need a few more months before it works for the right results but no our football under him is worse than in the combination with Moyes + Van Gaal + Mourinho......our squad isn't amazing but you can play better football with them.

Sackable offence number 2: Champions League season for the first 5 matches
To win in Paris + then 5-0 against Leipzig at home was fantastic and Solskjaer deserves credit for that.

You can lose against Basaksehir away but to make so many tactical mistakes was totally unacceptable and you can lose against Paris at home too but his decision with Fred was totally unacceptable.

Sackable offence number 3: Leipzig away
If you change our tactic for such a important match to play 3-5-2 (with two defensive midfielders) then you can't concede two goals so early in the match.

Sackable offence number 4: The 78th minute in this match
To bring on Tuanzebe & Fosu-Mensah was actually criminal offence......even Nick Powell again would have made more sense.......to bring on defenders in such a situation is already negative madness but both of them haven't played much football since a long time and both of them are inexperienced on this level (That were the reasons why both of them created even more panic in the defence).

Last edited:

JohnnyKills

Haha brilliant.

NJM78

Have we ever lost three CL group games in a row?

Shocking capitulation. 9 from 9 then 0 from 9.

Foxbatt

I'm done watching us till he's sacked. Unbelievable how shit he is at almost everything.
I agree with you. He can't even make a proper job of getting himself sacked. He is so incompetent. That said someone will play a brilliant game and we will beat City. How come when we beat a club it is the genius of Ole. When we lose it is on the players?

Great post this, made me chuckle & despair all at once.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I really wanted Ole to be the man to take us forward and I have given him a lot of chances. But after the game tonight I am going to say for my first time, Ole out. First off, after talking about "the United DNA is to attack" he comes out with a back 5 that included a player who hasn't played in ages in Shaw (not that Shaw played bad). Then after going down 2 goals early in this defensive set up, he waits until half time to change things up. And what does he do? He takes off Telles, our best attacking LB. But that's ok because I like Shaw. 15 minutes later we are making another sub. Taking off Shaw. WTF!!! If Shaw can only go 60 minutes then shouldn't he be the one coming off at half time? Then, in a game where we are down 3-0 and allowed 5 subs, 3 of his subs are defenders. Are we chasing a lead or defending one??? And finally, the straw that broke the camels back. Pogba. I don't want this guy anywhere near the first team. Nobody is bigger than the club. Never mind being a sub, he shouldn't have even dressed. He's a virus and a snake. Ole out...

Status
Not open for further replies.