5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GueRed

Seems he was unlucky not to score today, it appears as though Maguire never got a touch on the ball, so came off a Leeds player. Did VAR check it?
It came off the Leeds player arm as well!

VAR had a mare this weekend

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fellaini got on the end of more chances and got stuck in more. Was actually quite decent for that type of football, but sadly made us play that hoof-ball type of football (because he was good at it).
Fellaini should have been one of the best squad players we've ever had. Consistently very good whenever given a specific job to do, versatile, very effective at making an impact, could completely change a game and cause oppositions all kinds of problems. Unfortunately (for both him and us) we relied on him to be more than that. He should never have been a starter, but the rest of the team was so poor that he ended up starting most games. Expecting him to play as a normal central midfielder simply highlighted all his weaknesses and he became the poster-boy for all our troubles.

I truly believe he would have been fantastic for us if he'd played under Fergie when we actually had a good team and setup. Being able to bring Fellaini off the bench late on when trying to either see out a win or alternatively bringing him on in a more attacking position to cause chaos when we were chasing a goal...I reckon Fergie would have loved him.

downunder red

Doing a job for the team and manager at the moment when bodies are thin on the ground which is what he was brought in to do.Keep it going son.
Exactly !! I think he's done a great job so far and would of had a goal or two if some forwards would look up and give the simple pass.

superdry

touched by a genius
Nothing to do with crossing accuracy.

It's about positioning, movement upfront during the first build up phase. No run in behind, so until the tactic change came, crossing chance was limited.

The one who doing the dragging defenders are Rashford when he's moving up top. Leeds didn't send someone to mark Weghorst when deployed in support position. lt's the space when Leeds defense line was forced to backpedal.

Did you even watch the game? The crossing is fairly good for the last two games when it's for Weghorst to attack. Your view on why that is?
Well we’ll just have to differ on how good our crossing is.

Gerald G

I think his lack of pace hurts us as defenders just squeeze in on him and then there's no space in like the number 10 position. For instance, when Rashford went up top yesterday and was running in behind it gave us options to play the ball behind and created space in front of the CBs, giving us possession in better positions.

He obviously tries hard but is ultimately not good enough for us, not his fault. I just hope we'd use him less moving forward - Martial being made of tissue is the real issue here.

croadyman

I think his lack of pace hurts us as defenders just squeeze in on him and then there's no space in like the number 10 position. For instance, when Rashford went up top yesterday and was running in behind it gave us options to play the ball behind and created space in front of the CBs, giving us possession in better positions.

He obviously tries hard but is ultimately not good enough for us, not his fault. I just hope we'd use him less moving forward - Martial being made of tissue is the real issue here.
Yeah not his fault Tony is injury liability

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Does he start tonight? I think we should be sitting a bit deep and playing on the counter and wouldn't mind Rashford up top. Could also have a throwback front two of Rashford and Wout with a 4-4-2 set up.

NLunited

I think he's quite anonymous. He probably does a certain job with running a lot, but I'm not sure that is enough for a striker at Manchester United. That should probably be the bare minimum - he should be getting on the end of more chances and I don't think he uses his physique enough in aerial duels. Often loses these, and we'd be way better off if he went 100% into those - yesterday was a very physical match where presence was needed.

It's mentioned as if he pulls defence away so Rashford gets more space, but that's also the bare minimum a striker should be able to do. Not even sure he does this a lot neither, it more just seems that we accredit Wout to the succes Rashford probably would have had without Weghorst anyways.
He was so invisible he bagged an assist.

NLunited

I think he's limited but to be fair he was involved in both goals yesterday.
I think ETH wants him to drag central defenders out of position for Rashford and Garnacho to run in to
Yes, and Hag wants a dozen other things from him probably. Like pressing, holding up the ball and lay offs which he has done quite well.

He has not gotten on the end of many balls in the box yet. I‘m sure Hag wants to see more of that. He makes the moves but service has been scarce.

Litch

If we spent 100m on a player, it simply wouldnt be fair to judge them after a few games. Especially hes come into a team thats missed most of its best and creative midfield. Again like the other squad players, he needs to be used in the right way, to get the best out of them....

Kaos

If we spent 100m on a player, it simply wouldnt be fair to judge them after a few games. Especially hes come into a team thats missed most of its best and creative midfield. Again like the other squad players, he needs to be used in the right way, to get the best out of them....
Are you suggesting we're using him in the wrong way then? Because to me it appears we're playing him in his preferred position. I just think he's a limited forward at this level. At best he's a decent stop gap that works hard for the team, but going forward he's clearly not at the level we need from our forwards, especially if we want to compete at the highest level.

NLunited

Are you suggesting we're using him in the wrong way then? Because to me it appears we're playing him in his preferred position. I just think he's a limited forward at this level. At best he's a decent stop gap that works hard for the team, but going forward he's clearly not at the level we need from our forwards, especially if we want to compete at the highest level.
Yes, we are not getting the best out of him. Most of our danger comes from our wingers and runners, there is very little service to the striker.

Kaos

Yes, we are not getting the best out of him. Most of our danger comes from our wingers and runners, there is very little service to the striker.
How would you get the best out of him though? He seems quite poor in the air despite his size, so I don't think he'd be any more of a threat if we bombarded the box with crosses.

NLunited

How would you get the best out of him though? He seems quite poor in the air despite his size, so I don't think he'd be any more of a threat if we bombarded the box with crosses.
I‘d say he is ok in the air, not poor. There have been precious few crosses. He scored a decent amount with his head at Wolfsburg.

He‘s not the type of player you constantly play crosses to, neither is Rashford.

Rashford‘s goal against Leeds, WW was open as well but the no look cross from Shaw went to Rashy.

Rolaholic

Can't imagine this lad expected to start a European cup tie at the Nou Camp when the season started for him in Turkey :lol:

Idxomer

Can't imagine this lad expected to start a European cup tie at the Nou Camp when the season started for him in Turkey :lol:
He almost knocked out Argentina singlehandedly in a much bigger game, this is nothing for him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He would be good to bring on to defend a lead in the last 10 minutes. The amount of energy he puts in is admirable. He's just not very good at football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm not quite sure we needed a 6'6" Mason Mount, but here we are.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His best game for us even if I don’t understand the role he played, he got In the way and ran around. 6/10

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
The thought of this man playing ahead of Garnacho or moving Bruno out of his best position is hilarious

Fluctuation0161

It's obvious and clear that he is not top quality. He's not even mid quality.

He's OK. Hes a body on the pitch who is good at pressing and gives his all. That is it. His quality is poor. His lack of pace means he can't even be turned into a midfielder!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If he wasn't Dutch he would be nowhere near the team, absolutely useless player. Elanga and let alone Garnacho are far better options than him. Probably even Pellistri too. I would even play extra defender instead of him, he is nowhere near good enough for top league football.

Chasing shadows for the entire game, and 1,97m player who can't win a header.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's literally in there to be a defensive presence today :lol: get Sabitzer in for him next week because that's where he played

Dominos

Is that 8 or 9 starts now?

I can't believe any player could have contributed less if given that game time.

WirralRed

Yeah was getting really annoyed as the game went on and he didn’t come off. Don’t understand how he keeps getting minuets, really need to get some of these injuries cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.