5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Nothing on him today, the measure shouldnt be on a loan player but on the so called world class players that didnt turn up...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sabitzer can also press and can actually trap a football.

If ETH wanted Wout's pressing the solution was obvious - play him up front. Play Rashford on the left and exploit TAA. Overload the midfield with Casemiro, Fred and Sabitzer.

Playing him at number 10 ruins all possession and counter attacks because he moves like an oil tanker, has a poor touch and no vision. It's not a valid solution to anything.
Im not saying he is good. But hes clearly not the reason we lost 7-0 today

BarryWinks

I feel lied to for believing we were signing him as a rotation option off the bench in games where we need that extra body in the box, or for teams who sit deep and we wanted a target against.

What I did not bargain for was playing Wout as an attacking midfielder hybrid. Something he's never done, and with his limitations will never be good at.

There was no way McTominay wouldn't have been a better option today for whatever it was Ten Haag wanted to use Wout for. And Scot also comes with the history of having good games against top teams and being an actual midfielder and an extra body in defense and transition.

Shambles all round.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not his fault at all. It's ETH's fault for compromising the rest of the team to shoehorn him in.

He should be getting 10 minutes a game to cause a nuisance in the box like you'd expect from a championship standard emergency loan. Not starting as a number 10 at Anfield.
Yeah that's fair enough. Ironically I think he's a good shout to sub in when you're 4-0 down and want to prevent a rout.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ronaldo last year, Cavani the year before, Lukaku before that.
They have just been poor/old/both.
Yup. On top of that, let's add Ighalo and almost Arnautović to the whole random list of solutions that lasted literal months in some cases.

hobbers

Yeah that's fair enough. Ironically I think he's a good shout to sub in when you're 4-0 down and want to prevent a rout.
A far better shout than McTominay. :lol:

Pretty sure a full shambles would have been easily avoided today if we'd started Sabitzer and brought on Wout early second half.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
A player with a bit more quality than Weghorst would've made more of the times he got the ball in the first half.

If only we had a number 10/8 hybrid who works hard and has a decent enough ability on the ball to play his role today. Hmmm.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What concerns me is we've no-one from the academy to come in and try and make a name for themselves in what are real times of need.

Weghorst has his uses, but nevermind anything else, he must be knackered and he himself needs rotating.

His final third output surely can be matched by others at the club; it's a one goal (outside the PL) and a few assist bar.

Ekeke

I havent said too much about him because we've been doing so well recently... Although to me it was in spite of him.

He ends up playing Bruno's old role as an AM behind the striker and dropping into midfield when we dont have the ball. He's pretty slow and clumsy and I swear he hardly ever gets proper contact on the ball in the air. Its usually a glance instead of a clearing header in midfield. He's okay with his linkup passing to set our attackers going. He's no threat at all in the box.

I don't think he's doing anything Donny Van De Beek wouldnt be doing if he was fit. So far he's a shit Joelinton, striker signed and then plays in midfield. But Joelinton is doing well and Weghorst looks like a fan won a competition

mu4c_20le

He was ok in the first half, but still feels weird having that one guy on the pitch who is well below the level of everyone else

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I honestly think Feyenoord currently has a better first choice striker than Manchester United :nervous:

I mean Santiago Gimenez is definitely no top player, but at least he's young. And scores goals.

Bocca9978

Waste of a starting spot. We usually start our best 11 when he comes off. ETH for some reason waited until 3-0.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Sums up the Glazernomics era. Always fall short in backing the new manager and making him dependent on the likes of Martial. This time they really outdone themselves signing this guy. Totally out of his depth despite his great attitude.

Eddy_JukeZ

Needs to stop starting.

There were some on here saying we should permanently sign him. Madness.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was probably our best player on the day but you can’t carry a forward that offers no attacking threat. And we carried two of them today.
I've said this since he came in. People wank themselves because he presses/tackles well, but for that you might as well play any DM up front and call them a striker at that point. Not to mention we have to accomodate for how fecking slow he is by playing him behind Rashford so we have an actual threat in the middle, along with meaning it ships Bruno out wide.

It's a fecking joke that people want this guy signed full time.

Wilt

On loan from Burnley turns out to be not very good ….who’d have guessed

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many shots has he had since he's been here?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial needs to stop being an utter pansy and play through a bit of pain.

Name Changed

weso26
He can be decent squad player when playing average teams but he cannot start against a team like Liverpool that have that kind of pace. There is a reason his career has gone in the direction it has.

Devil81

Works his arse off but the reality is you can't keep playing with a striker that's literally no threat at all.

I know he played deeper today but that says it all really.

RedIan

Ive backed him lately and thought hes made some good contributions. Today the game passed him by and his lack of quality was evident. He needs to work on his heading, for giant he is very poor at jumping.
carzy hes keeping Sancho and Garnacho on the bench and we are playing palyers out of position to accomodate him at 10 ..

InfiniteBoredom

I've said this since he came in. People wank themselves because he presses/tackles well, but for that you might as well play any DM up front and call them a striker at that point. Not to mention we have to accomodate for how fecking slow he is by playing him behind Rashford so we have an actual threat in the middle, along with meaning it ships Bruno out wide.

It's a fecking joke that people want this guy signed full time.
We will go on a bit of a run with him starting every game, offering nothing but his ‘great attitude, great work rate’ and those people will be clamoring to sign him up again.

It’s utter madness. I know that following football at its heart is an emotional exercise and perfectly understandable if people sympathize and take a liking to a player of his ilk, but we need to be ruthless and clear headed to be where we want to be and that sure as hell doesn’t involve giving out a contract and squad place to Wout bloody Weghorst.

Valencia Shin Crosses

We will go on a bit of a run with him starting every game, offering nothing but his ‘great attitude, great work rate’ and those people will be clamoring to sign him up again.

It’s utter madness. I know that following football at its heart is an emotional exercise and perfectly understandable if people sympathize and take a liking to a player of his ilk, but we need to be ruthless and clear headed to be where we want to be and that sure as hell doesn’t involve giving out a contract and squad place to Wout bloody Weghorst.
100% agree. He became a bit of a **** hero because we went on a huge run of results and he works very hard (a great combo for any player to be loved at United), but it's such a detriment to play with an attacking player that offers absolutely 0 threat going forward as a runner, dribbler, goalscorer either with his feet or in the air etc.

I feel like I've become sort of a "hater" of sorts for Wout, but I genuinely appreciate his application and he seems like a good guy. I just hate his game from a footballing perspective, and started to grow frustrated with suggestions that he's actually good enough for United or should be signed permanently as a rotational striker.

Irwin99

As we saw against Barca he just isn't in the game enough against the big teams and for a striker (or even a ten) he has zero shots on goal virtually every match.

Think he does a really good job against some teams but you just wish Martial was fully fit and committed, it would be such a big help and it would also mean that Wout could come off the bench against tired teams.

United Hobbit

Martial needs to stop being an utter pansy and play through a bit of pain.
I want him at best made to 3rd choice in the summer (and we sign 2 strikers) or he be shipped out, WW was supposed to be a back up option (I presume) but has been left first choice because Tony is never available

I have absolutely no problems with his attitude and work rate, but unfortunately at the top level I hope we want to get back to, it's not enough

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No longer acceptable to play him especially if he isn’t even playing as a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.