5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudtheRed

I felt he played decent against Arsenal, especially with the hold up play when the ball got to him. However, I feel that his ceiling is not particularly high and he doesn't have a distinct strength in his game or the X-factor to make something happen out of nothing. A serviceable short term fix and hopefully there is more to come from him in the future

croadyman

I didn't expect anything when he signed,only saw him as a stop gap until we get starter ST

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I mumble "wowzer" whenever he plays. 100% of that sentence is a lie.

ants7

Looked slower and more static than I was expecting. He is a big fella but did not seem to be incredibly effective in the air. I guess he's just a body in the field until the end of the season..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he had a game like this in other team, just be honest who wants him at United?

Malone_Post

Looks exactly like a player who’s spent his career playing at Emmen, Heracles Almelo, AZ, Wolfsburg, Burnley & Besiktas. Works ridiculously hard for the team, but he’s woefully out of his depth. The fact that a club the size of Manchester United has been reduced to this kind of signing (again) is a tragedy.

Chief123

Nunez and Gakpo combined cost less than just Antony. And they are making more impact. Also they are playing in team that clearly has a lot of other issues You don't know how they could have played for EtH in our team that is doing well.

Also you are pretending that we didn't sign Nunez or Gakpo because we thought WW was a better footballer. No, we didn't sign them because Glazers didn't want to spend. Very different
You’d have a point if you were actually correct.

AFC NimbleThumb

Martial being injured, again, has forced us into starting a player who should truly be an impact sub or starter in home games you expect to have teams pinned back in.

I think he’s done alright so far but my expectations were in the basement.

foolsgold

Looks exactly like a player who’s spent his career playing at Emmen, Heracles Almelo, AZ, Wolfsburg, Burnley & Besiktas. Works ridiculously hard for the team, but he’s woefully out of his depth.
This is exactly it, I thought he put in a good shift, gave it everything he had. The pressing was good, but yeah he's just not a Manchester United class centre forward and isn't going to become one, but he'll give it everything between now and the end of the season. Living the dream and maybe even pick up a medal or two.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He was not at Besiktas and previously Burnley for nothing.

We should not be to harsh with him. He tries to connect with his team mates but it was a bit too hard for him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He was not at Besiktas and previously Burnley for nothing.

We should not be to harsh with him. He tries to connect with his team mates but it was a bit too hard for him.
Nobody is blaming him. He seems like an honest lad, trying his best. We are mad at the feckers who only gave WW to the manager and team that could be fighting for the title, this year, if we had the squad depth in 3-4 positions or a single decent striker and DM, at least.

Josh 76

Imagine Felix and Murdrick instead of Antony and Weaghorst.

Title talk would be real!

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
A pressing Peter Crouch...

Nothing much.

We need quality CF, CM and goalkeeper

paulscholes18

Works hard good link up play, he's not helped by having Rashford and Antony who both look to cut inside and shoot, rather than beat their man on the outside and get the ball into the box to him.

Mmxxii

Our winning goal against City came from Rashford being moved centrally and Garnacho brought on to play on the left. Had Weghorst been available, we probably wouldn't have made that move as Ten Hag would have stuck him on and the attack loses its dynamism.

He should only feature in games where we expect to dominate possession and create lots of chances.

I often wonder whether we could have made do like City last season without an additional striker (they pretty much only had Jesus). Can't imagine them signing Weghorst even if for just a 6-month loan deal as he's far below the standard they require.

poleglass red

He hasn't been great but to play centrally with Rashford and Antony as your wingers must be tough, neither is going to beat a man and whip in teasing crosses. He's basically there to occupy the central defenders, a bit like he did for Bruno's goal v Palace. Is that enough v the likes of Arsenal, no, but it's what we have until we upgrade in the summer

Lee565

Don't want to see him start again in the league, it's all well and good that he presses but our attacking play is clearly not as flowing and flexible with him in it and brings us back to same issues we had with ronaldo in the side

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
A pressing Peter Crouch...

Nothing much.

We need quality CF, CM and goalkeeper
We definitely need CF and CM or two (backups for Casemiro and Bruno), but as much stick as De Gea, gets he is not our biggest problem. Could we have a better goal-keeper to suit modern football and EtH system? Yes. Is De Gea holding us back? No. Is De Gea providing world-class saves and rescuing points for us? Yes.

Grunnn123

A lot of you didn't see the games or at most some highlights? The amount of chances in these 2 games you can count on 2 hands. Rashford, Bruno, Antony go for own succes. Not 1 ball to Weghorst. You people are some real fans, aren't you? 2 verry difficult out games and its Weghorst fault that we lost 5 points? Some of you so called fans with 25.000 reactions are pathetic.

SAFMUTD

If Martial is not available I would rather play Rashford centrally and Garnacho on the left.

Weghorst shouldn't be starting games for us unless we're playing against a team that's going to totally park the bus.

mu4c_20le

Keep hearing about his hold up play, yet his passing percentage was 60%. That means he misplaces every other pass, so how is that good hold up play?

Ibi Dreams

Keep hearing about his hold up play, yet his passing percentage was 60%. That means he misplaces every other pass, so how is that good hold up play?
To be fair it was his second game and it was against the league leaders. I would expect his pass completion to be significantly better in most games

To be fair to the guy, he probably wasn't bought to start games like Arsenal away. But with Rashford on a hot streak, on the left, and Martial being made of glass, he had to.

I think he will be useful for us.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I can see why Ten Hag went for him with little alternatives. He wants a presence between the CBs who also defends and presses from the front.
Let’s see how much he can improve, but him being so slow is an issue as you get the feeling he would not make it in time even if presented with a chance. The other players seem a bit reluctant passing to him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can see why Ten Hag went for him with little alternatives. He wants a presence between the CBs who also defends and presses from the front.
Let’s see how much he can improve, but him being so slow is an issue as you get the feeling he would not make it in time even if presented with a chance. The other players seem a bit reluctant passing to him.
Yeah this is my issue, he's so fecking slow that he's not useful in any of these bigger games where we need to hit on the break, and he's not some dominant aerial presence either despite his stature. He works hard and has an eye for layoffs which is nice, but I'm just not sure how much he really brings besides just allowing Rashford to play in his preferred position. It would have been better yesterday to have Rashford up front and Garnacho wide

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Imagine Felix and Murdrick instead of Antony and Weaghorst.

Title talk would be real!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seen 1 game of them both & it’s already “their toys are better than mine” talk. Never change CAF, never change.

lex talionis

Thought he was fine, better than Palace. Certainly wasn't the problem yesterday.
Agreed, and his holdup play was impressive, but Wout offered nothing on the final third against a back line that really isn’t all that impressive. Arsenal were there for the taking.

But Wout is a stop gap until further notice.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Slightly above, but yes - the posters claiming that he gave the ball away a lot aren't wrong. That was my impression watching (on a shite stream, granted) - and it's backed up by the stats.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to assess his performances so far.

He did a decent enough job yesterday for what he is (or seems to be). Pressing, being a certain kind of presence up front (the idea that he creates space for e.g. Rashford isn't unfounded, but you could also say it's borderline absurd when people are praising him for doing what any bog standard #9 should do per default), hard working, etc.

Fine-ish, I suppose, for a backup striker on loan.

Greck

Works hard good link up play, he's not helped by having Rashford and Antony who both look to cut inside and shoot, rather than beat their man on the outside and get the ball into the box to him.
That's how it should be. No one uses wingers to spam crosses to the big man anymore. There aren't even true wingers in football anymore. The fullbacks became the wingers and the wingers got replaced by the wide forward. I'm not even sure why people want us to spam crosses to him? Is he particularly aerially dominant or is it just because he's tall? Can't be relegating Rashford to mostly crossing for an inferior scorer.

el3mel

Are people now suggesting we should start playing hoof ball and Moyes-esque crosses to benefit from this guy ? Are people actually serious ?

Fabio Rochemback

Looked rather out of his depth unfortunately. Away to Arsenal is the most difficult fixture in England at the moment I guess, so hopefully he can contribute more against less formidable opposition.

Donut

Doesn’t look like he’ll score much, he just doesn’t get into any chances due to his snail tank like movement. However, he is a decent outlet, and will have to do for the next few months.

julianfr

Geez, only 2 games in and he's already getting hate. He's here until the end of the season. Let's give him some more time before passing judgement. Hell it's not like Martial was tearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.