5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Always there to lay the ball off. Quite useful at that and a goal well taken so happy with that

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Wout's improving game by game. His reactions for the loose ball to score were just what we lack in the squad. We have plenty of players who like to score special goals. Few who get in there for the scraps. Should probably have converted Pellistri's cross too.

His work rate is noticeable. He is not grease lightning but he does his job. It is really helpful to have a striker you can launch it to and know a) he can hold it and b) lay it off to someone on our side.

Nickelodeon

The finish was actually quite tricky. He took it really well. And I don’t have the exact stat, but it looked like he won the ball back on multiple occasions. Good game from him overall.

slored1

First game of his where I thought he was good. Great finish for the goal and some lovely lay-offs as well.

Pickle85

Pleased with what we've seen from him so far. Never going to be one to quicken the pulse, really, but brings people into play well and ensures that we are able to retain the ball better higher up the pitch. Early days but some of the knee jerk rubbish that was being posted on him after his first game is looking even stupider than it did at the time.

redshaw

Nice goal.

I like how we can push forward more as he's very good with his feet to lay it off and receive. Feels like Rashford can bolt forward with more confidence.

abailey123

I think he’s been fine so far.
works hard for the team.
Occupies defenders
Wins the ball
Holds up play
& a goal to boot.

10 goals in all competitions I think we’d be happy with. 9 to go!!

Raven

Did really well, if he was slightly pacier he'd be a real option for us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Something we missed from Ronnie: proper awareness with finish and overall link with players.

If he can do it in every competition, that will be at least 120% of the initial plan.

sammyhol

I really like this lad.

and tbh I know it’s partly narcissistic, being a big lanky, technically limited number 9 myself back in my pub footy days.

but he is really good with his back to goal, gets us up the pitch really well with his half way line hold up, and creates lots of opportunities with quick lay offs on the edge of the opposition box.

not the answer long term by any means. But a useful tool in the tool box.

Reactions: Cheimoon

AndyMUFC

Pleased for him to get a goal, we don't create many chances for our strikers and his hold up play and link up play are great. Will absolutely do a job for a few months/

Djemba-Djemba

Even though it had only been 2 games, I think it was important tonight for him to get his goal. You don't want any new striker to go 4 or 5 games without a goal and the nerves start to build and it starts to become a big news story.

Good poachers finish, not sure we have anyone else who scores a goal like that, anticipating a goalkeeper spilling it and being there first to knock it in.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Presses, links up well, nicked his goal nicely.

Can't really ask much more from a bargain bin backup striker. Going to be happy enough with him if he continues to turn that kind of game out when we need him.

Devil81

He's a good player, never doubted he was a good player just based on a small period of time spent at Burnley in a relegation battle.

You can see clearly there is no way a team that doesn't create chances would ever get anything out of him.

If he keeps this up I see no reason why he couldn't be a cheap squad option next season. We will need two strikers if we are going to compete on all fronts.

Real Name

Rewarded himself with a nicely taken goal. Nice link up and gold up play, nice passes, takes the ball of the opponent many times too.

Abraxas

He's not actually that physical or beastly in the air. I know one or two people said that wasn't his forte, but it was kind of hard to believe until you see him in a United shirt given his dimensions.

He's much more of a typical Dutch player that can handle the ball (within reason, not exactly a magician), the size just helps a bit to keep a defender at a distance. His record says he can finish okay too. You wouldn't put strength or heading up there on the evidence of so far.

MyBloodIsRed

love that when I think we've lost the ball he appears and wins it and taps it to one of our players to keep it going!! impressed so far!

Glorio

Shout out to wout
who's the man about
the goal mouth!

He seems to have gelled a lot more with the team and his general performance was a lot better

Irwin99

Neville summed it up by saying he's here to do a job and let the wide forwards and Bruno get in the box. I think he's doing pretty well.

Pleased with the signing so far.

RedDevilRoshi

I thought he was brilliant. Off the ball he just never stopped and took his goal well when it presented itself to him. Linked up well and gave their two CB’s a tough evening

Delighted for the big man :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a decent player, hopefully can tie us over until either Martial pulls his finger out or until we get a new striker in the summer. If he was first choice then his lack of pace would be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.