5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedOnAPhelan

He runs his fecking heart out for the team, and he makes selfless runs that opens up space for others, like during our 3-0 goal.

Sure he lacks quality in certain moments, but he's such a selfless player. I understand why EtH rates him. Proper team player.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Nobody gonna mention the amount of key passes and flick ons then? Or are we doing that thing where we cling onto a narrative and view everything through that lens to confirm our preconceived notions?

Limited? Yes. But it was more than just a workhorse performance

Loon

:lol:
He's enormously likable. The epitome of a "puts in a shift" player. When his season is over with us, I shall wish him nothing but the best.

Red Rash

Deserved a goal for sheer effort alone. Unfortunately his ability doesn't match his work rate but he is doing a job for us

Jev

Despite his limitations we do well with him ….more lucky team mascot than striker
We don't actually. Before today the stats for goals per 90 with/without Weghorst on the pitch were very unflattering on him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just wish Weghorst had variation to his finishing. He always just seems to sidefoot it hard and low. Anything else and he'd have four or five goals. Works his socks off.

Telsim

He was pretty good apart from the terrible finishing. Which is kind of a problem when you are a striker. But he seems to have the right attitude and works tirelessly. So far not a bad deal.

His heatmap is quite the sight, to be honest:

Leethal

Absolutely superb today. Unlucky not to score. Just not getting the rub if the green. But his all round game enables our other players to shine. Works his bollocks off and makes very intelligent runs opening spaces for others to run into it.
Can’t believe people are criticising todays performance. Do you even actually have a clue about football?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Some poor moments today, no doubt. The team is the thing though, right? Do people genuinely think he plays no part in us playing Barca off the park at the Nou Camp? In us being at Wembley? In us staying in the title race over the last 2 months? We're all about the collective these days, lads. Everyone, I mean everyone is playing their part.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
I remember the glory days when we had gold shiny gold card 99 rated players in every position. No I don't, I remember when we had grafters who put a shift in every game to knit the team together tactically and allow our most talented players to shine, bit like Ji Sung Park, eh?

Loon

:lol:
Nobody gonna mention the amount of key passes and flick ons then? Or are we doing that thing where we cling onto a narrative and view everything through that lens to confirm our preconceived notions?

I would be interested to see contribution stats. Tackles won, interruptions of play, etc.

evil_geko

You expect too much from some people on here, the bias is too strong.

Walters_19_MuFc

It was the opposite today, where he looked much better in the second half when going up top. With runners in behind like Sancho and Rashford gave him the chance of dropping into pockets of space. Was unlucky not to have 1 or 2 assists.

Not sure it will work long term but the first thing you need under ten Hag is the ability to worm hard, and he has that in abundance.

Really wish he got a goal today but it wasn't meant to be.

Dr. StrangeHate

He is like Dirk Kuyt. If he wasn't doing what ETH was asking of him, he would be benched. He is the first defensive no. 10 I have seen in my life.

BorisManUtd

He's obviously not good enough to start for United but useful player anyways. Shame about dreadful finishing again though.

SoCross

I suppose the thinking is a weak link is preferable to no link at all.
For sure mate. Grateful he’s here, we would be in the shits if we had to rely on Martial.

Edit: Goal number 3, like some said, doesn’t happen without him dragging away the defenders. Good movement.

Shimo

Loved the performance, sadly the goal just would not come. Even at the end around 88th minute or whatever it was, he chased Tielmanns down after being at the middle of the box all the way to midfield and got the ball back.

Most likely will not earn a permanent move but, grateful to have him till the end of the season as he fills a role we have no one else right now.

Skills

Snitch
He'll be playing in goal by the end of the season.

Striker, defensive striker, CAM, defensive CAM...

Leethal

Despite his limitations we do well with him ….more lucky team mascot than striker

Maybe we do well because of his work off the ball and his intelligent runs opening spaces for others?

Or do just goals and assists count in todays stat driven culture?

there’s a reason he’s almost the first name on the team sheet.

2Injurytimegoal

I don't mind him start, he provide the energy that the team needs.

He may missed a sitter, but he made a few key passes too, first in the 1st half to Dalot running middle, then he misses from 2 yards, second he plays a first time through ball to Jadon, also a key tackle on the top of the area and countless press that he save the energy for Rashy.

He is not a world beater, but his effort shouldn't go un-noticed, as I said in other thread, I wouldn't definitely take him over Elanga.

mu4c_20le

He is like Dirk Kuyt. If he wasn't doing what ETH was asking of him, he would be benched. He is the first defensive no. 10 I have seen in my life.
Don't think he's ever played 10 before? He's only put there because, nothing personal, he's just too poor up front and goes missing. At least int he 10 he can lay it off every once in awhile. ETH showing his inner McGuyver.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Over the last few years we have had so many players just lumbering around so it’s actually nice to have someone who gives a damn. Of course, if Martial was fit, he would play but this guy is a decent option for the short term

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Far too slow but works hard and allows other players to shine with his hard work and movement.

AaronRedDevil

Solid game. Unfortunate not to score a goal. But he did good movements for our attackers. Especially during the Sancho goal moving the defence away for him.

kundalini

6 shots (1 saved, 2 off-target, 3 blocked), 1 key pass, 4 successful tackles out of 5 attempts, 0 interceptions.

Too slow for PL football.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He’s a big dog

Not a ‘big dawg’ I mean like literally a dog. Cos his pressing and energy is crucial to a Ten Hag side, but as he can do literally nothing else, everything he achieves could probably be replicated by just having a big dog on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.