5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Got a real glimpse at how deluded he is during Garnacho's run and goal.

It's one thing making a run and giving him an option, even pointing where he wants it played. But Weghorst was spreading his arms out like a fecking bald eagle demanding the ball for the entirety of it. Clearly in a much worse position to score than Garnacho was, and always in Garnacho's peripheral vision putting him off.

And that delusion carried on after the goal where he sulked and moped off. Truly exceptional work from Nacho to ignore the big slug.

Seij

Got a real glimpse at how deluded he is during Garnacho's run and goal.

It's one thing making a run and giving him an option, even pointing where he wants it played. But Weghorst was spreading his arms out like a fecking bald eagle demanding the ball for the entirety of it. Clearly in a much worse position to score than Garnacho was, and always in Garnacho's peripheral vision putting him off.

And that delusion carried on after the goal where he sulked and moped off. Truly exceptional work from Nacho to ignore the big slug.
Some people were sucking him off after the goal: "Look! nobody says this but he makes these selfless runs to give other players chances to score all the time. He knew exactly what he was doing there. He's SO good at this."

Weghorst proceeds to sulk seeing the goal.

Delusional.

Sylar

You’re stating an obvious personal opinion as fact, again.

Wout’s performance was much better than his usual, it was a good cameo overall, not shitting on him. But I really fail to see how it was better than Martial’s. Wout’s cameo ultimately didn’t have a big impact on the game, Martial’s goal basically won that game and Garnacho made sure of it. It might have been a simple tap in, but Martial put himself in a position for a tap in and finished it. And that is something that Wout has failed to do in 750 mins of EPL football, so it might not be so simple after all.

You guys are talking as if goals aren’t literally the number 1, 2 and 3 thing that this team is missing. We create chances but don’t finish them. And it’s not like we haven’t rated other players’ average performances (Rashford in so many games) highly, so long as they delivered the one thing we lacked the most: end product.
Yeah we have struggled with goals and even before the martial goal we wasted chances. It's happened too much so martial getting into that position and then actually scoring is defo game changing and more of an impact to the game and score than somebody running around

I wouldn't say that it was a joke or that it was petulant. More that it was just momentary disappointment, which is understandable considering his situation where he's been getting massive amounts of criticism and hasn't scored yet in the PL. He would have seen that moment as a fantastic opportunity to get the monkey off his back, and considering it was so late in a match that we were winning anyway it wasn't like Garnacho's goal won us the match so wasn't celebrated that way. He still came into the celebration with the others afterwards and congratulated Garnacho. I really don't see it as a big deal.
Agree with this, no big deal.

For sure. I'm not saying he had a good game by any standards but this insistence that everything he ever does is shit just grates a little.

Nearly the end of the season, though. Only three games and the cup final to go before we can have a season to recharge/not complain every ten seconds like grumpy old bastards.
I think the problem with wout (and it's defo not by his own fault but more Eth) is he's used as a main sub, and when he starts were trying to accommodate him which is bizarre and means like the west ham game we waste time with him as number 10 and shift out Bruno.
Again no fault of wout, he's not gonna turn that down

city-puma

He always gives his all. He helped us greatly for many games. I just feel he probably lost his confidence when playing with many very good players here.
But he won league cup with us! He will enjoy that great memory. Maybe, ten years later his kid will join us and become as good as Haaland is.

Oscar Bonavena

Shows the footballing intelligence of Garnacho. Wout 100% misses that chance. Sorry, but it's true. Plus he's at a tighter angle to score anyway so it's arguable that he's even in a better position.

To be fair to Wout, thought he put himself about well when he came on, much more so than Martial but that wasn't asking much!

Chairman Steve

I really want to like him but it’s clear he’s not that good. He‘s good at some things but those things are only in small numbers. I don’t even think he anticipated he’d have played as much as he has, which is down to Martial’s sicknote prowess.

I still think he’s got another goal in him somewhere that’s either going to be a goal of significance or it’s going to be some absolute worldie that’s nominated for goal of the season.

His reaction to winning the League Cup was wholesome to see though. You could tell that genuinely meant a lot to him.

NLunited

Balancing act, you want to keep him happy for the rest of the season, he might get you that fa cup winning goal. In the summer, you can always say 'Hey, the new owner has changed direction and wants a different striker'.

Atleast that is what I hope is happening with him and De Gea.
Aw that is so mean. Better to tell him to score some goals if he wants to stay.

NLunited

Shows the footballing intelligence of Garnacho. Wout 100% misses that chance. Sorry, but it's true. Plus he's at a tighter angle to score anyway so it's arguable that he's even in a better position.

To be fair to Wout, thought he put himself about well when he came on, much more so than Martial but that wasn't asking much!
Wout made room for Garnacho, he was smart enough not to get in the way.

Oscar Bonavena

Wout made room for Garnacho, he was smart enough not to get in the way.
Yeah, it was a good run but if the purpose of Wout's run was just to make room for Garnacho, why was his first reaction to sulk when the goal was scored?!

Nah, he wanted the pass because he thought there was a goal on for him. I don't blame him for that, any striker who hasn't been scoring goals would. I just think Garnacho made the right decision to go it alone given who he had to pass it to.

Now, maybe Garnacho is a genuinely greedy bastard who would have done the same had it been Kane or Benzema making the run! But as Gordon Gekko once said, "greed is good" if you have the talent to back it up!

tenpoless

I don't think he sulked because Garnacho scored instead of him. He sulked because a lightbulb is more clinical than a 1.97m tall man who tore Bundesliga apart and wow people with his trickery in the World Cup.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't think he sulked because Garnacho scored instead of him. He sulked because a lightbulb is more clinical than a 1.97m tall man who tore Bundesliga apart and wow people with his trickery in the World Cup.
Exactly. I think the frustration comes from 2 defining moment when he realize his teammates have loss any faith in him to score any goals:

1. When Bruno choose to pass the ball to Garnacho instead of him to put him through on goal

2. When Garnacho decided to rely on his own to beat the defender and keeper, instead of trying to open up space with his run and passing the ball to unmarked Weghorst to score.

But he can’t really blame anyone but himself there. 0 goals in 15 PL games this season, 2 goals in 35 PL games in his career (avg 0.057 goal per game). Out of all strikers in PL, I think he has by far the worst scoring stats. I don’t think even his mum or his dog would trust him to score.

Waynne

How did we end up with a player of this calibre?

Surely there were better options available when we were looking for short term solution?

NLunited

Yeah, it was a good run but if the purpose of Wout's run was just to make room for Garnacho, why was his first reaction to sulk when the goal was scored?!

Nah, he wanted the pass because he thought there was a goal on for him. I don't blame him for that, any striker who hasn't been scoring goals would. I just think Garnacho made the right decision to go it alone given who he had to pass it to.

Now, maybe Garnacho is a genuinely greedy bastard who would have done the same had it been Kane or Benzema making the run! But as Gordon Gekko once said, "greed is good" if you have the talent to back it up!
Garnacho was running in left to right across the center, by then Wout was too far on the right to be the best option. So, seemed like he chose the right option.

He had the confidence to make that decision and score the goal, so well done.

Wout is hungry for goals and should be, no problem there. He plays selflessly, you can‘t blame him for not passing it to others to create chances for himself.

NLunited

How did we end up with a player of this calibre?

Surely there were better options available when we were looking for short term solution?
I‘d love to hear them. Who would you have gotten for three million?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The way I see it, Wout has one possible redemption arc, but how the feck is he going to score against City.

binary bot
Kinda hilarious how slow he is at getting across the defender in the box . Feared the worst when he came on but he played well

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Really telling that in his best performance in the league for us, he had 1 shot on target and 0 goals.

Ted Lasso

Actually not bad.
He's by no means an amazing Premier League striker, far from it, but it's frustrating how few chances we create for him. That cross into the stands from Bruno and the wild pop from 30 yards instead of sliding Weghorst thru being two of too many examples.

stevoc

No one passed to him in the box today again. I wonder does Ten Hag ever speak to the squad about this or does he understand why?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A lot better today, felt he improved the attack when he came on. Didn’t really look like scoring again though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well, he had a run out but that's about it.

FerociousCorgis

If martial isn't good enough no way we bring this fecker back either. Wish we had the money and scouting to bring in 2 cf targets

monkfish

Really hope this guy doesn't start against Chelsea now that Martial has thrown a strop.

BorisManUtd

Decent cameo like last time but you just don't expect Wout to score. Also, he's so fecking tall and I feel he loses most of aerial duels.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's like Wout's not even trying to score. He had some opportunities today where he could have at least tried to sting the keeper's hands. You get a good contact, you never know. A deflection could get you a corner or better. However, I just saw no striking instinct from him at all. It was all decoy runs and knock downs to other people. Reminds me of when Fernando Torres was hiding on the wings at Chelsea. He's a striker who doesn't want to be in a position to miss. That in itself shows he shouldn't be at United. You gotta have the courage to fail to play at the top level.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's like Wout's not even trying to score. He had some opportunities today where he could have at least tried to sting the keeper's hands. You get a good contact, you never know. A deflection could get you a corner or better. However, I just saw no striking instinct from him at all. It was all decoy runs and knock downs to other people. Reminds me of when Fernando Torres was hiding on the wings at Chelsea. He's a striker who doesn't want to be in a position to miss. That in itself shows he shouldn't be at United. You gotta have the courage to fail to play at the top level.
He did sting the keepers hands today

Idxomer

He passed the ball around more than he usually does and for that, it was a decent cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.