WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Bobski

Ultimately I don't think the Eng Cameroon match will be a bad thing for the perception of the female game. I am not sure about everyone else but I have read and heard a lot of comparative guff spoken about this tournament as a means to critique the men's game, from people who probably have very little interest in the women's game in any other context. Taking them off that condescending pedestal frees them from having to be more than sports people, and competitive people will push every boundary.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
More shoulder than anything else. Brave call but it could have gone ether way.

Brazil have been awful

The United

I am not sure the keeper dropped it. There was a collision obviously and due to that the keeper had a problem catching it?

The french player went through the keeper.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I just don't get it anymore. The idea of VAR was to change obvious errors but now they are just reffing the game again on slow motion and video. No point in having the ref on the field
I’ve had that same impression generally throughout this WWC, that’s how it has been used. It’s practically the video assistants making every big call. It seems to be used here a lot more than previously when it was only used to correct obvious wrong calls. Maybe that’s why we seem to have much longer injury time announced at the end of every half. It was barely noticed before, now every game has at least half a dozen (lengthy) VAR checks.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I can see Brazil nicking this. Le Sommer has hardly been in the game.

Devil81

It does seem odd. I haven't seen anyone else doing that.
There is a Dutch winger that wears full makeup, personally, it shouldn't really matter.

They aren't denying they are women if it offends anyone then maybe the women's game isn't for them.

I've tried to watch it myself and whilst I appreciate it is a growing sport I don't think I will ever care enough to watch it full time. That said they should be allowed to wear make up or whatever else as it's not causing any issue to the actual game.

Wal2Fra

She had both hands on the ball before she got clattered, foul on the goalkeeper.
She didn't. The ball had left her hands when it hits Gauvin. Her hands are flat out, not around the ball.

The goalkeeper is not in control of the ball at all in that situation.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Cascarino for Le Sommer second half. France needs to shake things up a little.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
BBC showing the highlights of the England game at HT Fra Bra.

Not sure how people can say elbow wasn't a red, spit was accidental. Also that last minute foul is a clear red. FIFA should take some action on the player's behaviour.... set a precedent.
I agree.

What concerns me is the controversy overshadowed what was a poor England performance. We need to be much, much better on Thursday.

predator

Youth NITK
Just saw Phil Neville having a go at Cameroon on his high horse. He was a dirty cnut in his day and to complain about high passions is simply ridiculous.