WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
While i'm not condoning what he did; there is plenty of research out their to indicated passion is expressed differently in different cultures. There is a danger here of two things; one being cultural imperialism, and two, a potential duality in thinking when it comes to kissing. While i do acknowledge the power dimension, in current thinking in some western countries, wouldnt been seen/thought of well when Spanish culture is in the spotlight.

Spanish culture within the Lewis model could be seen as;

Emotional, loquacious and impulsive who see family, feelings and relationships ahead of following an agenda. They are comfortable do many things at the same time.
Characteristics
  • Talks most of the time
  • Does several things at once
  • Plans grand outline only
  • Emotional
  • Displays feelings
  • Confronts emotionally
  • Has good excuses
  • Often interrupts
  • People-orientated
  • Feelings before facts
  • Flexible truth
  • Impatient
  • Unlimited body language
  • Seeks out key person
  • Interweaves the social and professional
The cultural part you say is true. Lots of kissing and hugging to say hello and goodbye and maybe on another level it could be seen as just a spontaneous act of happiness, but he is the ultimate representative of football in the country.
Besides, he wouldn't dare kiss the queen or the infanta in the VIP box.
In other words, he used his position of power.
If such liberties are allowed to be overlooked at a trophy ceremony, imagine the liberties he can take in private. Maybe insignificant and funny for some, but definitely uncomfortable for the girls.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The cultural part you say is true. Lots of kissing and hugging to say hello and goodbye and maybe on another level it could be seen as just a spontaneous act of happiness, but he is the ultimate representative of football in the country.
If such liberties are allowed to be overlooked at a trophy ceremony, imagine the liberties he can take in private. Maybe insignificant and funny for some, but definitely uncomfortable for the girls.
Well explained, thanks.

Denis' cuff

Meh, beaten because you tried to play like Wimbledon from the 80s. Spain found their passes, England got what they deserved in this match. Do they always play this style? It’s regressive

How wrong can you actually get? This is presumably coming from an Oirland fan.

:/

Grande

Luis Rubiales dimitirá mañana tras ser abandonado por todos por su polémico beso a Jenni Hermoso
https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2023/08/24/64e79dbd21efa071528b458e.html

Do you know what that means?
Some may say it casts a cloud over the feat of the Spanish world champions, but I see it differently: Not only have the players made Spain a world champion, but to add to that, they are managing to force overdue changes into the boys club that run them, and they bring the conditions they’ve silently had to live with into the open, to great effect. They are winning several games at once here.
[The Colonel enters]”This has all gotten silly!”

Plastic Evra

Can't wait for Infantino to claim some of the credit for [all successes and consequences pending]

Member 101269

Thank you for confirming what others have denied.

It's not what I say, it's the model that says, I merely asked the question using the model. It's not just the kiss he's been criticised for, he certainly wasn't the only one engaged in other actions. While i agree he holds/held a position, I wasn't referring to his position, and we've no idea what he'd do in other circumstance. I would agree that how he might act towards the queen could be culturally different than someone who is not the a queen. I'm not sure it is just about power.

We've no idea what happens in private, i'm not sure speculation is helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Member 101269

Whatever part necessary for them to soldier on. It's just the normal Figgins routine, every single topic.
Sadly, your post demonstrates a lack of understanding and is just blamantly false. I questioned huge, they haven't defined it. If anything, there are strategic voices, political voices and LGBT/womens voices. Can you tell me their proportionality relative to the population?

Smores

I'm surprised we don't have a legion of bellends claiming he's innocent until proven guilty in court.

Eleven.

Sadly, your post demonstrates a lack of understanding and is just blamantly false. I questioned huge, they haven't defined it. If anything, there are strategic voices, political voices and LGBT/womens voices. Can you tell me their proportionality relative to the population?
women? 50% of the population.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

It's not what I say, it's the model that says, I merely asked the question using the model. It's not just the kiss he's been criticised for, he certainly wasn't the only one engaged in other actions. While i agree he holds/held a position, I wasn't referring to his position, and we've no idea what he'd do in other circumstance. I would agree that how he might act towards the queen could be culturally different than someone who is not the a queen. I'm not sure it is just about power.

We've no idea what happens in private, i'm not sure speculation is helpful.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Spanish players should just refuse to play the next game and he is gone tomorrow.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Not just the Spanish players. The Spanish government and several Liga club presidents.

Meanwhile, various women who've worked with him are coming out to say that it's certainly not a one off.

I bet he was being barricaded out of women's changings rooms post win, was probably trying to get in the bath with them ffs.

Plastic Evra

Well, haven't like 60% squad already refused to play?
Several players last year sent each an email to complain about the coach working methods and the environment, the federation made a public row of it with the aforementioned Rubiales voicing a hard line. Following that 15 players made themselves unavailable for the NT. I believe a couple had been reintegrated since (after apologies ? I'm unsure.)

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Several players last year sent each an email to complain about the coach working methods and the environments, the federation made a public row of it with the aforementioned Rubiales voicing a hard line. Following that 15 players made themselves unavailable for the NT. I believe a couple had been reintegrated since (after apologies ? I'm unsure.)
Yeah, so I doubt striking players will do much.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Actually he just confirmed your initial idea is absolutely wrong. None of this is culturally acceptable, hence the backlash.

What a strange hill to die on...

Member 101269

Actually he just confirmed your initial idea is absolutely wrong. None of this is culturally acceptable, hence the backlash.

What a strange hill to die on...
Again he didn't; what he pointed out was country level culture there is a case for hugging and kissing etc. Then he moved to corproate culture which is a different lens..

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Again he didn't; what he pointed out was country level culture there is a case for hugging and kissing etc. Then he moved to corproate culture which is a different lens..
I can see why you think jordan peterson is a smart guy who should be respected.

You seem to fail to understand very basic stuff and try to hide by using expressions hard to define or that have no meaning at all.

RoyH1

Rubiales takes being a bellend to monumental new heights. What a toxic, entitled POS that man is.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You're welcome to an opinion; I raised the question about country level culture not corporate culture. I'm aware people get confused between the two, they are distinctly different.
Stop. You aren't helping yourself.