WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
No more Sevilla or Getafe matches sounds perfect.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Mum gone on hunger strike and locked herself in a church. Spanish FA writing to UEFA asking to be banned. feck me this story is so ridiculous :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
cant keep up with this soap opera anymore

did we ever establish if those photos of Hermoso lifting Rubiales were doctored or not?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What a silly women, his mum that is. If she’s waiting for god to intervene then she’ll be waiting a very long time.

Withnail

cant keep up with this soap opera anymore

did we ever establish if those photos of Hermoso lifting Rubiales were doctored or not?
No but there's footage of it now. Marca are saying he's throwing himself up as opposed to her picking him up, but it doesn't really matter. The fact that Rubiales camp are latching on to that part in attempt to discredit her is just a distraction from the kiss. None of what preceded it gave him permission to do that.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/futbol-femenino/mundial/2023/08/28/64ecc32fca4741ec458b458a.html

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
They are obviously real. But there is a chance that all this was part of some elaborate sexual fantasy enactment. Therefore we can't judge what happened and should remain silent.
Is this supposed to be funny? Because it's not

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Mum gone on hunger strike and locked herself in a church. Spanish FA writing to UEFA asking to be banned. feck me this story is so ridiculous :lol:
The Spanish FA bit is even more ridiculous cause it's all to protect a single dude. No Spanish sides to play international football just to protect a single guy no-one outside the FA's executive cadre seems to like. It's beyond ridiculous really - how important can any single person think they are?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
No but there's footage of it now. Marca are saying he's throwing himself up as opposed to her picking him up, but it doesn't really matter. The fact that Rubiales camp are latching on to that part in attempt to discredit her is just a distraction from the kiss. None of what preceded it gave him permission to do that.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/futbol-femenino/mundial/2023/08/28/64ecc32fca4741ec458b458a.html
I agree - it's all a sideshow but just interesting as some were accusing of doctored images etc which seems not to be the case

The Spanish FA bit is even more ridiculous cause it's all to protect a single dude. No Spanish sides to play international football just to protect a single guy no-one outside the FA's executive cadre seems to like. It's beyond ridiculous really - how important can any single person think they are?
Imagine being Bellingham or whoever, moving to Madrid in order to win the champions league only to find out your entire league has abandoned Europe all cos some feckless suit you've never met doesn't understand consent

Could imagine there would be more lawsuits!

And maybe it would push more men's teams/players to take a stand

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He must have serious dirt on people in the Spanish FA, this is mental!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He must have dirt on them. To me that is the only explanation that makes any sense.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It’s in Motril.
Told my wife when we stopped off there that Motril is the place you retire to if don’t save your money. A right tip of a place, compared to Nerja, etc.
You are not wrong! :lol:
It is on the way between Malaga and Granada, but that’s about all there is to say about it.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You are not wrong! :lol:
It is on the way between Malaga and Granada, but that’s about all there is to say about it.
That seems unfair, tripadvisor says the 2nd top attraction there is the pre-industrial museum of the sugar cane. And a random vineyard is #1

Jericho

I dunno, I think it's more about not bending to a mob calling for someones head, whoever that someone is.

Jericho

And the standard keeps on falling.
You don't know what my views are on the whole situation. We probably agree more than we disagree. Silly of you to make a post like that without knowing what my view is on the whole situation.

I thought I was bad!
You are.

Lads, feel free to engage me in a discussion rather than make silly posts like these. Sounds like you've already made up your minds though.