Yankees

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
A-Rod hit two A-bombs today and is 2 away from 50 on the season. Yanks won 10-2 and now lead the WC by 3 games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
And to top it all off the sox lost 3 runs in the last two innings to lose to toronto.

Noy yo Fdart

sox shart one tonight. we took two out of three so that's okay and we're up against baltimore this weekend. I had a feeling okajima would start to get a lil shaky towards this time. that's why we got gagne I guess. a-romosexual hit two beaners tonight, what a douche.

Tabata

sox shart one tonight. we took two out of three so that's okay and we're up against baltimore this weekend. I had a feeling okajima would start to get a lil shaky towards this time. that's why we got gagne I guess. a-romosexual hit two beaners tonight, what a douche.
Okajima coming back down to Earth :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Pavano: Hasn't work out but he was the best pitcher in the FA class
Wright: 99% sure that was an Steinbrenner move.
Johnson: Steinbrenner move
Brown: Was coming off a great year in LA. He was soild in his frist year in NY
Farsnworth: Hasn't work out
Pavano had like one good year and suddenly he was the top of the FA class. The Yanks would have been better off to retain Contreras for another year or go after Clement or some other middle of the road starter.

Wright has been eratic and injury-prone wherever he's gone. Stupid move.

Johnson was past his best. Losing to the BoSox after they had tried to trade for him that July probably forced Steiny into this move. But it was apparent that Randy was past his best.

Brown wasn't worth $18m... no matter how good he pitched. He was also nearing age 40. Big risk, little reward. Turned out a shit deal. Though they did rid themselves of Weaver.

Farnsworth is a joke. The guy had like 2 good months in Detroit and was suddenly the "best reliever on the market" (in Steiny speak).

Tabata

Pavano had like one good year and suddenly he was the top of the FA class. The Yanks would have been better off to retain Contreras for another year or go after Clement or some other middle of the road starter.
He was the most sort after pitcher in that fa class.

Wright has been eratic and injury-prone wherever he's gone. Stupid move.
Like I said it was a Steinbrenner move. I thought we were only talking about Cashmans moves here.

Johnson was past his best. Losing to the BoSox after they had tried to trade for him that July probably forced Steiny into this move. But it was apparent that Randy was past his best.
Not really after the season he had just pitched. But again, I don't think Cashman would have done this move if Steinbrenner hadn't pushed him.

Brown wasn't worth $18m... no matter how good he pitched. He was also nearing age 40. Big risk, little reward. Turned out a shit deal. Though they did rid themselves of Weaver.
Yes, bad move by Cashman.

Farnsworth is a joke. The guy had like 2 good months in Detroit and was suddenly the "best reliever on the market" (in Steiny speak).
Cashman made a bad move here as well.

Noy yo Fdart

bosox win again 2nite... mostly thanks to coco... my boy for realz...
ps i am drunk

Tabata

First time Ortiz has been clutch all season :lol:

Noy yo Fdart

good win tonight; excellent shutout from lester.
near brawl after the o's pitcher cabrera basically got angry that coco caused him to balk. he threw at pedroia's head and tried to look tough. he got thrown out. interesting though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
MLB asks to meet with Ankiel, Glaus

NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball asked Friday to meet with Rick Ankiel and Troy Glaus after the pair were accused of receiving performance-enhancing drugs from a Florida pharmacy under investigation for illegally distributing prescription medications.

Ankiel, who has hit nine homers since rejoining the St. Louis Cardinals last month, received eight shipments of human growth hormone from January to December 2004, the Daily News reported Friday.

Glaus, a four-time All-Star now with the Toronto Blue Jays, received multiple shipments of nandrolone and testosterone between September 2003 and May 2004, SI.com reported.

"We're going to look into both sets of allegations," said Rob Manfred, baseball's executive vice president of labor relations.

Manfred would not go into details, but MLB already had requested meetings with the two players, a person familiar with the request said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no announcement was made.

Michael Weiner, the general counsel of the players' union, declined comment.

Initially in a brief session with reporters Friday before the Cardinals' game in Phoenix, Ankiel acknowledged HGH was among the medications he was prescribed following elbow surgery in 2004. Later in the interview, he refused to identify any of the medications he took.

"All and any medications that I've received in my career has always been under a doctor's care, a licensed physician."

HGH was not banned by baseball until 2005. Ankiel said he would cooperate with any investigation.

Ankiel sat beside Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty in the visitors' dugout at Chase Field as he answered questions.

"Everything was legal," Jocketty said. "There was no violation of major league rules. There was no violation of any laws."

Glaus in St. Petersburg, Fla., for Toronto's game at Tampa Bay, did not stop when reporters tried to speak with him before and after batting practice. Mike Nicotera, Glaus's agent, did not return a telephone call seeking comment.

In May, the Yankees' Jason Giambi met with baseball lawyers after comments that many interpreted as an admission of steroids use. Baseball commissioner Bud Selig then pressured Giambi to meet with steroids investigator George Mitchell. After Giambi spoke with Mitchell in July, Selig announced Giambi would not be disciplined.

Giambi is the only active player known to have met with Mitchell, a Boston Red Sox director who is a former Senate Majority Leader. Players on the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers received letters Friday from Mitchell asking them to contact him with anything they might know about the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

"They're wasting paper," the Dodgers' Nomar Garciaparra said.

Because there isn't a validated urine test for HGH, there are suspicions in baseball that its use is on the rise. Baseball is helping fund attempts to develop a urine test for the substance.

Ankiel and Glaus both have had careers interrupted by injuries. Ankiel, a former pitcher turned outfielder, overcame elbow and knee injuries and made it back to the majors last month for the first time in three years. Glaus led the AL with 47 homers in 2000 and was MVP of the 2002 World Series for the Anaheim Angels, then missed large stretches in 2003 and 2004 because of shoulder problems.

Citing records the newspaper obtained, the Daily News said Ankiel got HGH shipments that included Saizen and Genotropin, two injectable drugs. Florida physician Dr. William Gogan signed Ankiel's prescriptions, providing them through a Palm Beach Gardens clinic called The Health and Rejuvenation Center (THARC), the newspaper reported.

The drugs were shipped to Ankiel at the clinic's address, the paper said. The 28-year-old Ankiel lives close by in Jupiter.

Ankiel said he was aware of the clinic.

"I don't know anything about the pharmacy," he said, "and I don't know anyone there. I've never purchased or ordered anything from that pharmacy."

Glaus received shipments at a Corona, Calif., address that traces to the player, SI.com said., citing a source in Florida with knowledge of a Signature Pharmacy client list. SI.com said its information dealt only with receipt of steroids and not use.

Prescriptions written in Glaus' name were obtained through New Hope Health Center, a California-based clinic and were sent through Signature, SI.com said. The prescribing physician was Dr. Ramon Scruggs, currently on probation and prohibited from prescribing drugs over the Internet, SI.com said.

"The accusations made today in the media ... are simply accusations," Blue Jays president Paul Godfrey said. "I am in no position to make comment on information that is attributed to an unnamed source."

Authorities have not accused Ankiel of any wrongdoing, the newspaper said. According to the Signature records the News cited, he stopped receiving HGH just before baseball banned it in 2005.

According to the Daily News, THARC also shipped steroids and growth hormone to ex-big league pitcher Steve Woodard. He and Ankiel were teammates with the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds in 2004, the paper said.

Woodard didn't return cell phone messages, the News said.

Signature is at the center of an investigation by the Albany County (N.Y.) district attorney's office. The probe recently led to the NFL suspensions of New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison and Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson. The third NFL person involved in the investigation was Dr. Richard Ryzde, one of the Pittsburgh Steelers' team doctors. He earlier had been fired by the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

More shit the sport doesn't need.

Noy yo Fdart

yeah just when ankiel was becoming one of the feel good stories of the year, this comes up.

Tabata

Matsuzaka :lol:

8 ER in 2.2 Innings :lol:

MrMarcello

ARod is phenomenal. Two more homeruns. MVP wrapped up. At this rate he'll be the greatest hitter ever.

And Jeter... at this rate, and assuming he can play into his early 40s, he may reach 4,000 hits and possibly get near Rose's record. Don't forget - Jeter could be a full-time DH if his range is limited at age 40 and beyond.

Tabata

ARod is phenomenal. Two more homeruns. MVP wrapped up. At this rate he'll be the greatest hitter ever.
His also the first Yankees to hit 50 home runs in one season since 1961.

Tabata

And Jeter... at this rate, and assuming he can play into his early 40s, he may reach 4,000 hits and possibly get near Rose's record. Don't forget - Jeter could be a full-time DH if his range is limited at age 40 and beyond.
They're going to move him down to 1B someday.

Noy yo Fdart

Jeter is a loyal Yankee and one of the best players that has ever played on the club. you should enjoy every minute of him. a-rod is having an amazing year and will lock up the mvp but don't slobber all over him just because he is making the big bucks in the bronx... he won't be playing for you forever.

meanwhile, for those of you bashing dice-k (tabata), he has never played in america, he has never played this much in one season, and he has 14 wins, more than pettitte or mussina or clemens etc.... so let's see how he improves. surely in 2009 he'll be doing slightly better than rocket. boston still has the east. no need to gloat yet. BITCHES.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Jeter is a loyal Yankee and one of the best players that has ever played on the club. you should enjoy every minute of him. a-rod is having an amazing year and will lock up the mvp but don't slobber all over him just because he is making the big bucks in the bronx... he won't be playing for you forever.

Jeter is great but what is to say A-Rod won't end his career a Yankee.We can pay him the most money, we can offer his the biggest stage to play on. The fans are warming to him. he has everything he needs in NY.

meanwhile, for those of you bashing dice-k (tabata), he has never played in america, he has never played this much in one season, and he has 14 wins, more than pettitte or mussina or clemens etc.... so let's see how he improves. surely in 2009 he'll be doing slightly better than rocket. boston still has the east. no need to gloat yet. BITCHES.
He used to pitch ALOT more back in Japan. Some people in the media (Verducci) were orgasmic over him before he had even pitched a ball. Months later though he is having a good season for a rookie its hardly the definite HOF material we were led to believe.

Bitches.

Tabata

What's Rocket got to do with Dice-K sucking it up? Right now his looking like a bit of a bust for the money you payed for him. The Yankees are only paying $17m for Rocket. The Red Sox are paying $100M for Dice-K!

Sure Dice-K will improve over the next coupe of years but at the same time the league will being caught up to him.

Oh and the only thing I have to say to the Red Sox winning the East title is... Enjoy it while it lasts bitches :lol:

Dice-K for $100m :lol::lol::lol: Theo Epstein :lol:

Noy yo Fdart

He used to pitch ALOT more back in Japan. Some people in the media (Verducci) were orgasmic over him before he had even pitched a ball. Months later though he is having a good season for a rookie its hardly the definite HOF material we were led to believe.

Bitches.
A-Rod may stay, he may not. We'll find out this offseason. IMO an even better fit for him would be LA (same big stage, payroll). If I were a Yankee fan I would still be cynical about him not producing when it really matters, but since he's having an amazing year again, I suppose he has a shot to prove himself this postseason. I would speculate (and I think many others would too) that if the Yankees get bad results in the playoffs, then A-Rod will be offloaded somewhere else.

As for Dice-K, he's going through a bad stretch right now, but it's been a long season. He really should have had more wins earlier when he weren't giving him run support. He's had some great starts, he shut out the Tigers once. I don't think anybody in the Red Sox organization is believing any bullshit about "hall of fame material" and most of that sort of hype is blatantly media-generated. Epstein and co are kidding themselves; it doesn't matter if he pitched in Japan "ALOT" because it was Japan, not MLB. I wasn't expecting an amazing return from him right off the bat either, just like most level-headed baseball fans.

I don't why I'm spending so much time on this when all I'm going to receive as a reply is

Tabata said:
OMG U R DUMB :lol:

MrMarcello

He'll never have nothing on Clemens, the greatest pitcher of his generation and arguably in the top 5 of all-time. You better clutch those straws and hope Dice-K is pitching better than Clemens in 2009 (as the latter will most likely be retired at age 47).

Noy yo Fdart

He'll never have nothing on Clemens, the greatest pitcher of his generation and arguably in the top 5 of all-time. You better clutch those straws and hope Dice-K is pitching better than Clemens in 2009 (as the latter will most likely be retired at age 47).
you should probably read the post right above you first.

it was a bad comparison. I'm not saying he'll be at clemens' level and I don't think any sane person has those kind of expectations. but big money was spent on both players; you can't really say that rocket is performing much better than dice-k this season anyways. one is geared for the future, one was hired to bail an injury-riddled team out. I don't know what 'straws' I'm clutching over here.

it would be nice if I at least knew what baseball team you're a fan of. hardly anybody on this forum seems to want to have it out with what team they're supporting when it's not man utd. but it's a little strange to be have faux-yankee 'followers' try to patronize me because I'm not afraid to let it be known where my loyalties lie.

MrMarcello

I've mentioned on here before... I'm from Texas and rooted for the stRangers growing up. I'm a traditionalist so the old school clubs will always have my respect. To be honest, baseball bores me now days. Then Yankees are like a reality show and that is the only thing that keeps my attention to the sport until October.

Noy yo Fdart

I've mentioned on here before... I'm from Texas and rooted for the stRangers growing up. I'm a traditionalist so the old school clubs will always have my respect. To be honest, baseball bores me now days. Then Yankees are like a reality show and that is the only thing that keeps my attention to the sport until October.
oh well at least we're straight. call me crazy, I just like to know where the bias lies when I talk to someone about sports.

I would be bored too if my team were the Rangers.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Another home-run for A-rod, another win for the Yankees.

@ Noy No way is LA even close to NY as a baseball city and no way in hell will A-Rod get as much media coverage as if he stays with the Yankees. Also I doubt the Angels are going to pay A-roda salary that dwarfs what they are paying Vlad right now.

Noy yo Fdart

Another home-run for A-rod, another win for the Yankees.

@ Noy No way is LA even close to NY as a baseball city and no way in hell will A-Rod get as much media coverage as if he stays with the Yankees. Also I doubt the Angels are going to pay A-roda salary that dwarfs what they are paying Vlad right now.
well there's been plenty of thoughts that he would leave, but maybe they were derived from how poorly nyy was as a whole in the first half of the year. but if, say, they drop out of the playoffs in the first round, the same sort of discontent will undoubtedly lead to the possibility of an a-rod exit. I can't think of where else he would go; surely not Boston?

MrMarcello

ARod has no concept of loyalty so I doubt playing for Boston would bother him. He'll jump to the highest bidder or remain in NY. I expect the Mets to pitch a huge offer to him. That said, I think he'll remain with the Yanks for at least 3 more seasons. He may not opt out. He's due $81m over the next 3 years if he does not opt out (plus $9m deferred) - I doubt he'll get $30m per year from anyone not named the New York Yankees.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/2000/12/11/arod_terms/

Noy yo Fdart

wins by sox and yanks. detroit and seattle are starting to drop off in the wild card race.

Noy yo Fdart

Talk about luck for Boston there. The TB right fielder totally misplayed that ball. Should have been an out.
yeah, that was a shite play. I think the fenway crowd all standing up might have distracted him. bummer for him.

Noy yo Fdart

Joba gave up his first run because of an error by Rodriguez. Unlucky.
can't wait to see how this weekend series plays out. don't think it will have much effect on the rest of the year or the standings, but it's time to take this cnut off his pedestal.